• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January Transfer Thread - it couldn't open and close any quicker

Obviously not going to say we'll sign such and such player or we will definitely sign at least 2-3 players.

But quite the contrast to most previous january windows when it's been all "squad strong, we'll see, probably not". Even referencing meetings (again) and hinting at some plan/agreement about signings being made.

I would take Lukaku as backup to kane.

We have just 6/11 starters: Hugo, Reguilon, Romero, Skipp, Son, Kane
Bench: Dier, Hojbjerg, Lucas.
Wouldn't blink an eye if we sold any of the others.
We need 5 starters and 4 bench players to be THAT team for me.

We have just 6/11 starters: Hugo, Reguilon, Romero, Skipp, Son, Kane
Bench: Dier, Hojbjerg, Lucas.
Wouldn't blink an eye if we sold any of the others.
We need 5 starters and 4 bench players to be THAT team for me.

"Wouldn't blink an eye if we sold any of the others."

With that as the barometer, then fine. However:
- Sess is fine as a second LWB
- Royal as a back-up RWB, and someone who is young with potential is fine
- Davies as back-up LCB (or 6th choice CB) is fine
- Winks as your 5th/6th choice CM is fine
- Moura as a back-up attacker fine

but however we look at it, CF/attackers, CM, RWB, CB...all need strengthening

"Wouldn't blink an eye if we sold any of the others."

With that as the barometer, then fine. However:
- Sess is fine as a second LWB
- Royal as a back-up RWB, and someone who is young with potential is fine
- Davies as back-up LCB (or 6th choice CB) is fine
- Winks as your 5th/6th choice CM is fine
- Moura as a back-up attacker fine

but however we look at it, CF/attackers, CM, RWB, CB...all need strengthening
-Jury still out on Sess, but it could have been a lot better until now.
-Plenty of RWB out there that can either dribble, cross or shoot. He is young but should have at least one of these 3 nailed down until now surely. Give him until the end of next season, because he is a PL rookie too. If Emerson doesnt improve heavily, show him the door.
-Davies is error prone. Might as well get someone who is HG instead.
-We shouldnt have 6 CMs for 2 spots. 5 is more than enough and I prefer Winks to not be one of them. He does that circle around the ball just outside the box, 2 out of 3 times lost the ball doing that against Southampton and left us exposed as we were rushing out of the box for the counter attack. Only thing going for him is the HG.
- I think Moura is a good player and put him on the bench as a supersub, like most big teams have. I would start him in plenty of matches too. We need depth in attack.

I wonder if Moura can be that creative CM next to Skipp that we need? What are your thoughts on this?

-Plenty of RWB out there that can either dribble, cross or shoot. He is young but should have at least one of these 3 nailed down until now surely. Give him until the end of next season, because he is a PL rookie too. If Emerson doesnt improve heavily, show him the door.
-We shouldnt have 6 CMs for 2 spots. 5 is more than enough and I prefer Winks to not be one of them. He does that circle around the ball just outside the box, 2 out of 3 times lost the ball doing that against Southampton and left us exposed as we were rushing out of the box for the counter attack. Only thing going for him is the HG.
- I think Moura is a good player and put him on the bench as a supersub, like most big teams have. I would start him in plenty of matches too. We need depth in attack.

I wonder if Moura can be that creative CM next to Skipp that we need? What are your thoughts on this?

Jury is still out on Sessegnon, but I would be shocked and unhappy if we sold him at this point. He's still young, finally starting to perform and our current system is a great fit for him. As is our current manager. I would be entirely unsurprised if he ended up being seen as first choice within 6-12 months.

-We still don't know if the long term plan is a midfield two or a midfield three. Or possibly a mix of both. Either way, way too early to conclude on how many midfielders we need.

-We should only consider selling Davies if we have two other trusted left sided centre backs. We currently have none other than him.

As a general point, Conte has a good track record of making some previously average, inconsistent or just uninspiring players important parts of his teams. His style of play, his methods, or works really well for some players. Some patience to see how that pans out, particularly when players are already doing well under him shouldn't be too much to ask.

I dont think Moura is a CM at all. His strengths are low centre of gravity, dribbling, ability to change direction/spin around quickly etc. I wouldnt say that his passing is anything better than average

I dont think Moura is a CM at all. His strengths are low centre of gravity, dribbling, ability to change direction/spin around quickly etc. I wouldnt say that his passing is anything better than average
I loved the idea of having a CM that can actually dribble a player but he does have average passing. Hopefully we can transfer a CM now or în the summer.

Jury is still out on Sessegnon, but I would be shocked and unhappy if we sold him at this point. He's still young, finally starting to perform and our current system is a great fit for him. As is our current manager. I would be entirely unsurprised if he ended up being seen as first choice within 6-12 months.

-We still don't know if the long term plan is a midfield two or a midfield three. Or possibly a mix of both. Either way, way too early to conclude on how many midfielders we need.

-We should only consider selling Davies if we have two other trusted left sided centre backs. We currently have none other than him.

As a general point, Conte has a good track record of making some previously average, inconsistent or just uninspiring players important parts of his teams. His style of play, his methods, or works really well for some players. Some patience to see how that pans out, particularly when players are already doing well under him shouldn't be too much to ask.
Look I am not saying sell them all and especially not sell them this window. We can only do so much activity în a window and that leaves plenty of time for players that have the potential to progress to show what they can do( Sess, Emerson etc). All I am saying is that is the skeleton I think we should build on, those 9 players.
Davies isn't going anywhere soon because we don't even have a cover for him at LCB. We will probably go for a LCB this window.
Sess will stay because we have other priorities, is HG and has potential. So plenty of time for him to show.

• Tottenham could have the opportunity to sign Real Madrid midfielder Isco in a cut-price deal this month, per reports (Daily Express).
  • Arsenal are reportedly close to signing Alexander Isak after Real Sociedad banned him from joining Barcelona (The Sun).
  • West Ham are set to join Tottenham in a battle to sign Adama Traore in a "cut-price" deal from Wolves (Daily Mirror).
  • Thomas Tuchel will hold crisis talks with Romelu Lukaku on Monday after the Chelsea boss axed the club's record-signing for the pulsating draw against Liverpool (Daily Mail).
  • Liverpool are continuing to look into the possibility of signing Leeds striker Raphinha and Villarreal forward Arnaut Danjuma but believe deals might be too complicated for January completion (Daily Express).
  • Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp is reportedly keen on signing Real Madrid outcast Eden Hazard in January - but the Anfield board are not convinced (The Sun).
  • Real Madrid are looking to raise £50m in transfer funds by offloading Gareth Bale, Isco and Marcelo in January (The Sun).
  • Kieran Trippier was spotted 'waving goodbye' to the Atletico Madrid fans after their win on Sunday as his Saudi Sportswashing Machine transfer nears its completion (Daily Star).
  • Leeds United and Brighton are set to battle it out for the signature of in-form Blackburn Rovers striker Ben Brereton Diaz (The Sun).
  • Lionel Messi has dropped a hint that he would like to finish his playing career in the United States (Daily Mail).
  • Barcelona are unable to register new signing Ferran Torres until they manage to reduce their bloated wage bill (Daily Mail).

I know others will disagree, but Coutinho on a loan til the end of the season to me is a decent deal, particularly if we manage to offload Tubby. Bit of a no-lose situation
He would be a good signing
Would suit the middle of a 5

Back