• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

James Maddison

Yes. He should absolutely take responsibility and try to draw fouls if nothing else is on. He has not done that with conviction for some time. I am hopeful this performance gives him that sense of conviction. The elite find ways. Grealish looked all across the last third for City today, found his moments and took them. I believe this game will have fortified Maddison. And Ange's style requires quick incisive passing/progression.
Yes, when the quick incisive passing that is actually is progressive is on that's obviously what's required.

When that pass or move isn't on it's a different story.

Yes, when the quick incisive passing that is actually is progressive is on that's obviously what's required.

When that pass or move isn't on it's a different story.

That is precisely when you have to try and use different areas of your talent. Maddison has such good feet that I would love to see him looking to draw fouls in tight lines and pockets when the pass and move isn't on.

(This next bit is general discussion BTW and not aimed your way)

I want Maddison 10 yards further up the pitch. I understand why he drops back deep in such games to try and 'conduct' from deeper, but that is what our 6 should so. Right now, with Ange going Deki and Bentancur, he is allowing Maddison to do that. Much was said about Maddison being in a 'deeper' area against Brentford when the truth is he (and the whole team) were often playing 10 yards higher and with more aggression in the press and conviction. Bentancur repeatedly moved the ball quickly to him, and he in turn quicky looked for progression.

In games such as Arsenal, I appreciate that is harder to do (as Emirates Marketing Project found out) but I'd still like to see Maddison back his talent more in those circumstances, and if a pass isn't on, try to find gaps if only to draw fouls. I think with Deki now in alongside, plus Solanke and Johnson's movement, he will have those opportunities in those games. I think sometimes when faced with deep 'walls' like that, we could look for Maddison to take up Grealish positions wide-left and get into the box/around the back via byline.

Truth is too that early goals in those circumstances make things much easier, and we have missed some chances!

I am hopeful we will be as aggressive next weekend, where a win is on!

That is precisely when you have to try and use different areas of your talent. Maddison has such good feet that I would love to see him looking to draw fouls in tight lines and pockets when the pass and move isn't on.

I want Maddison 10 yards further up the pitch. I understand why he drops back deep in such games to try and 'conduct' from deeper, but that is what our 6 should so. Right now, with Ange going Deki and Bentancur, he is allowing Maddison to do that. Much was said about Maddison being in a 'deeper' area against Brentford when the truth is he (and the whole team) were often playing 10 yards higher and with more aggression in the press and conviction. Bentancur repeatedly moved the ball quickly to him, and he in turn quicky looked for progression.

In games such as Arsenal, I appreciate that is harder to do (as Emirates Marketing Project found out) but I'd still like to see Maddison back his talent more in those circumstances, and if a pass isn't on, try to find gaps if only to draw fouls. I think with Deki now in alongside, plus Solanke and Johnson's movement, he will have those opportunities in those games. I think sometimes when faced with deep 'walls' like that, we could look for Maddison to take up Grealish positions wide-left and get into the box/around the back via byline.

Truth is too that early goals in those circumstances make things much easier, and we have missed some chances!

Against bus Parker’s the speed of the pass is so key
Against teams more open, the accuracy makes the difference as seen with romeros ball into son for Maddison’s goal

I thought Grealish yesterday showed how it can be done against sides like that.
Grealish just does what he does
Helped him maybe that it was late
Doku made me laugh…. Could see how limited he is but also how brilliant too
He beat a man and didn’t have the ball in him or then just stopped trying
Grealish thrives off those moments

This season, I tend to agree especially at home. Last season we didn't have a passer like Bentancur in midfield. We had Biss and Sarr, meaning the only time we saw an unlocking mid range pass was from either Madds deep or perhaps Romero / Porro. At times it looked like we were trying to play 5-a-side from our goal to theirs, which made us predictable.

I think the Madds / Kulu combo leaves teams thinking more than what we saw last year.

This season, I tend to agree especially at home. Last season we didn't have a passer like Bentancur in midfield. We had Biss and Sarr, meaning the only time we saw an unlocking mid range pass was from either Madds deep or perhaps Romero / Porro. At times it looked like we were trying to play 5-a-side from our goal to theirs, which made us predictable.

I think the Madds / Kulu combo leaves teams thinking more than what we saw last year.

Deki has been great there. I hope we go to Old Trafford with the same 11 as Ten Haag cannot afford to sit deep and counter at home.

Back