• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Is it all that bad? (im quite excited for 2014/2015

What left backs are actually out there? Ricardo Rodriguez is very good but he'd cost a lot and there's probably a bunch of teams wanting hiim. Shaw is obviously a no go. Everyone seems to be mentioning this Daley Blind guy but personally I have no idea who he is and I question just how much those who are suggesting him have actually seen of him. I don't think Ben Davies is good enough, I could be wrong. Erm ... Ashley Cole 8-[

As for CBs, Garay looks solid, I like van Dijk as well. Again I can't think of many current PL players who would fit the bill and please, no one suggest Ashley Williams.

What left backs are actually out there? Ricardo Rodriguez is very good but he'd cost a lot and there's probably a bunch of teams wanting hiim. Shaw is obviously a no go. Everyone seems to be mentioning this Daley Blind guy but personally I have no idea who he is and I question just how much those who are suggesting him have actually seen of him. I don't think Ben Davies is good enough, I could be wrong. Erm ... Ashley Cole 8-[

As for CBs, Garay looks solid, I like van Dijk as well. Again I can't think of many current PL players who would fit the bill and please, no one suggest Ashley Williams.

what is wrong with Ashley Williams???

Blind and Dodo are the two obvious two due to their links with LVG and Baldini respectively.

At CB, I guess the smart money would be on Bruno Martins Indi. He's LVG's new favourite for Holland.

I don't know how in demand Garay would be but other than looking like a very good CB, he'd also perhaps help Lamela.

I'm a big fan of Ben Davies although he hasn't performed as well this season as he did last.

Nothing apart from the fact that he's pretty bad.

Richards or Lescott from City would be good options imo.

i wouldnt go anywhere near Richards......Lescott would be a smart and cheap choice

[video=youtube;zSIjm_qo4nM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSIjm_qo4nM[/video]

Umtiti can play cb as well as lb.....this year he has been playing cb and Bendino has been Lyons left back. Bendino has been at a few clubs, is nearly 30 i think but has been superb this season

Jetro Willems at PSV is another left back we should be looking at

I don't know how in demand Garay would be but other than looking like a very good CB, he'd also perhaps help Lamela.

Ditto with Dodo - he's old teammate from Roma. I suppose in terms of Spanish speakers, we do already have Soldado.

I don't like Umtiti myself - I think he's a bit clumsy/poor on the ball. Power over finesse is not what he really need at the moment considering the balance of our squad.

and Van Dijk is??

Yes. Let's see where he's playing in a few months time as I'd be very surprised if Celtic manage to keep hold of him. I know you have this anti-GB British is good thing going on but Ashley Williams really isn't very good, I've seen Adebayor practically jog past him on a few occasions.

Umtiti can play cb as well as lb.....this year he has been playing cb and Bendino has been Lyons left back. Bendino has been at a few clubs, is nearly 30 i think but has been superb this season

I'm not claiming to have extensive knowledge of the guy but for me Umtiti for CB is a decent shout, but as a LB he's like Vertoghen can do a job but looks more comfortable in the centre.

Yes. Let's see where he's playing in a few months time as I'd be very surprised if Celtic manage to keep hold of him. I know you have this anti-GB British is good thing going on but Ashley Williams really isn't very good, I've seen Adebayor practically jog past him on a few occasions.

WTF are you talking about???:) just on this page ive recommended 2 young left backs and one is French and the other is Dutch:lol:........im sorry but im not on TSs PL experience bandwagon. 3 of of best ever PL signings never had any PL experience before joining us...... Berba, modric and Bale.

WTF are you talking about???:) just on this page ive recommended 2 young left backs and one is French and the other is Dutch:lol:........im sorry but im not on TSs PL experience bandwagon. 3 of of best ever PL signings never had any PL experience before joining us...... Berba, modric and Bale.

Fair enough, I'm sure I always see you coming to the rescue of English/British players though :p

Anyway, I saw this on another forum regarding Jetro Williams and Daley Blind - answered by Dutch posters:

Jetro Willems (Dutch DL) is out with a knee injury and will not make it in time for the World Cup.

Blessing in disguise that. Pieters is better

Pieters is way better. Think Blind will be the starting left back though, with Martins Indi/Kongolo as a back up.

and when someone asked about Daley Blind:

Slow build-up player, who can play DL, DR and DC but is best as a DMC. Think the playing style of Vurnon Anita or Cheick Tioté maybe even - yet less physically imposing as the latter. Essentially not really a proper defender, as he's too slow - but a good passer.

That doesn't sound too promising if that's who we're pinning our LB hopes on.

actually Erik Pieters is a very good shout. Totally forgot about him and he does have PL experience now ;)

Back