• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Is it all that bad? (im quite excited for 2014/2015

veron23

Banned
Wind Up Merchant
Yes, the negatives of this terrible season/situation are apparent to all of us.
If we allow ourselves to see from a positive perspective for a minute however, we might seek comfort in the following

Everton - will lose Lukaku and Delefou this summer. Distin and Barry will be a year older. Might lose a a full back or two to a bigger club.
Arsenal - didn't hit the heights expected. Didn't get Draxler. Their 2 best midfielders are always getting injured. Rely on Giroud.
Man Utd - Moyes…enough said.
Liverpool - the jury is out for me. once they have europe to contend with their small squad will be exposed, plus if Suarez leaves….

If we a) keep our core squad b) play Eriksen in the middle c) have a fit hungry Lamela, Vert and Kaboul d) add a left back plus 2 other signings and pull off LVG Im quite optimistic we could be competing for 3rd place next year.

Its a lot to ask but if things fall into place it may not be as bad as we fear.

The most frustrating thing for me is the year United and (for this week at least) Arsenal drop out of the top 4 Everton and Liverpool have gone up a level. Any other year we would be in the champions league. How ironic

Last edited:
What Liverpool have done this year gives me even more hope that with a coach like LVG (who has the CV and balls to stick two fingers to the Harry/TS-loving press when they pour scorn on any bad result) we can indeed achieve good things.

It is going to get even more competitive and some of the big oil-rich clubs will stat to try and take bites out of Liverpool, possibly neglecting us a little.

We have a better depth of squad than Liverpool and Arsenal but they just have more settled and better first 11/14.

I'm indeed looking forward to next season (provided we get a new manager, that is)

I think we'll find next season tougher. The others won't stand still and we have so much crud to sort out.

Build the team around Eriksen.

I think we'll find next season tougher. The others won't stand still and we have so much crud to sort out.

We wish!

Who else dreads that one of the big boys will come in for him and once again we'll have a nightmare summer of media manipulation, accusation and intrigue?

There is absolutely no chance that Suárez will leave this summer.

But yes, depending on which manager we bring in in the summer, I think we can do well next season.

There is absolutely no chance that Suárez will leave this summer.

But yes, depending on which manager we bring in in the summer, I think we can do well next season.

I would not be suprised one bit if he went.... Money talks, Liverpool have lost £90M over the last two seasons, they have to date over achieved (which they deserve massive credit for). If they win the league its a great time to go... He will have helped them and can leave on a high

I would not be suprised one bit if he went.... Money talks, Liverpool have lost £90M over the last two seasons, they have to date over achieved (which they deserve massive credit for). If they win the league its a great time to go... He will have helped them and can leave on a high

He wanted to leave because they weren't in the cl. Not only will they go straight into the cl group stage, they have an unbelievable chance of doing so as champions. He signed a new contract mid season even when it wasn't necessarily obvious they were going to challenge for the title.

I see no reason why he'd leave this summer, no reason why Liverpool would sell (his value to them as someone helping them finish in the cl places / win trophies is greater than his fee would be), there is perhaps only one club in the world that could currently afford that he would go to and I've seen no indication other than from fans that they are considering him.

Next summer perhaps. This summer makes no sense.

I agree.

For me our squad + LVG + a LB + minor rebalancing in midfield, and we're a top 3 side.

This for me too. We have a lot of potential in our squad, this season much of that has been unfulfilled, but the potential is still there.

And despite this being a ****ty season with managerial turmoil, players collectively underperforming, massive injury problems and 7 new players settling in we're not all that far behind where we want to be.

I do think there's something a bit more fundamentally wrong with our approach, we need some strong minds to make some strong corrections to our squad either by making changes in personnel or by somehow changing some of the existing players. But I think it can be done. The changes in fortune seen at Liverpool and Everton in the PL, at Atletico in Spain and at Dortmund in Germany gives me hope if anything. It's possible...

We've got nothing to lose. This season we'll finish 7th, which is realistically the lowest we can fall (the bottom 13 are well behind the top group). So it's everything to gain.

I disagree we have a lot of crud - I think a lot of people will be surprised how good the likes of Paulinho, Chadli, Soldado and Lamela will be in an organised system and with a top manager. Rose is about the only player in our squad who I don't rate at all.

I also disagree about building the team around Eriksen. Our last strong team was built around four players - King, Modric, vdV and Bale. If you have one player, it's easy to tactically or financially take them out of the game. I'd like to see our side for the next 3-4 years built around Verts, Sandro, Claise, Eriksen and maybe Lamela.

4 games to go then we can enjoy the World Cup and come back to the new season with renewed optimism.

A new manager, some new players in key positions - as per Levy's statement the other week - and the players signed last summer ready to go as part of the team.

We need new strikers and to fix the left back position though. I hope none of the big names leave, though. It's about time the club stopped this 2 steps forward/1 step back thing and put points ahead of pounds.

4 games to go then we can enjoy the World Cup and come back to the new season with renewed optimism.

A new manager, some new players in key positions - as per Levy's statement the other week - and the players signed last summer ready to go as part of the team.

We need new strikers and to fix the left back position though. I hope none of the big names leave, though. It's about time the club stopped this 2 steps forward/1 step back thing and put points ahead of pounds.

This is what I've been thinking too.

Been more excited in the buildup to some middle of the night preseason friendlies on laggy streams and half our youth team starting than I've been for our last couple of PL games.

Yes, the negatives of this terrible season/situation are apparent to all of us.
If we allow ourselves to see from a positive perspective for a minute however, we might seek comfort in the following

Everton - will lose Lukaku and Delefou this summer. Distin and Barry will be a year older. Might lose a a full back or two to a bigger club.
Arsenal - didn't hit the heights expected. Didn't get Draxler. Their 2 best midfielders are always getting injured. Rely on Giroud.
Man Utd - Moyes…enough said.
Liverpool - the jury is out for me. once they have europe to contend with their small squad will be exposed, plus if Suarez leaves….

If we a) keep our core squad b) play Eriksen in the middle c) have a fit hungry Lamela, Vert and Kaboul d) add a left back plus 2 other signings and pull off LVG Im quite optimistic we could be competing for 3rd place next year.

Its a lot to ask but if things fall into place it may not be as bad as we fear.

The most frustrating thing for me is the year United and (for this week at least) Arsenal drop out of the top 4 Everton and Liverpool have gone up a level. Any other year we would be in the champions league. How ironic

Good post, and despite all the gloom we are still close to reaching our record points total *despite* having such a **** season.

What makes me positive is that most of our downfall this season has been due to so many ridiculous sunday league style errors and also players acting like they don't give a S**t. If we can simply cut out the errors next season then we should do well... so add in LVG (or another manager who has actually managed before) and motivated players and it could be exciting...

We wish!

Who else dreads that one of the big boys will come in for him and once again we'll have a nightmare summer of media manipulation, accusation and intrigue?

Too early for me, he needs to prove himself at that level over a season before the big guns start sniffing around. I feel sure we'll have him for another year at the very least.

Sign ourselves a world class central defender, a LB and another creative CM and we are good to go. If Ade goes, we'll need someone in there too.

Get rid of some of the deadwood to fund the above.

Still don't think we'll get top 4 though.

It's definitely not all that bad and we have a lot to be excited about BUT a LB and striker is not enough to get us to where we want to be. If we don't bring in a playmaker we will be well and truly screwed again for another season imo.

Back