• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

iPhone 5 - to be announced today

that they are holding stuff back for future phones because they only need to try so hard to compete with apple?

hows that working out for samsung, nokia, htc et al?

Last edited:
You're making it out like every single person who buys an iPhone is a fan boy. Again, what the hell does that even mean? How do you decide who is a fan boy?

I have an iPhone 4. I've had it for 2 years now and it has served me well. But when I move back to Australia, I'll probably get the iPhone 5 on a contract. A lot of people are in similar positions - if you bought the original iPhone, then you're most likely at the end of your contract and can upgrade to the new one for free.

Your view of people who use iPhones is so simplistic and quite honestly ridiculous.

Yes, every company has it, but I don't think neither are 'the best'. What is it about iMessage that is better than every other service available? I use Skype, it works on both Android and Skype, is free and is pretty much the same as iMessage/Facetime. And there's an ocean of apps that works the same way out there, but Skype is the most popular amongst my friends (both Apple and Android people, I don't judge) so that's why I use it.

Skype is good but it requires you to setup a meeting before you even get on there. Both users need to be logged in for it to happen. The beauty of FaceTime and iMessage is that they are direct replacements for phone calls and SMS (FaceTime will be soon once it's available over cellular anyway).

You're making it out like every single person who buys an iPhone is a fan boy. Again, what the hell does that even mean? How do you decide who is a fan boy?

I have an iPhone 4. I've had it for 2 years now and it has served me well. But when I move back to Australia, I'll probably get the iPhone 5 on a contract. A lot of people are in similar positions - if you bought the original iPhone, then you're most likely at the end of your contract and can upgrade to the new one for free.

Your view of people who use iPhones is so simplistic and quite honestly ridiculous.

I am not making everyone out to be a fan boy, but it has to be said that more fan boys exist for Apple than any other company.

To answer your question a fan boy is someone who will only buy products from that one company, and will never consider others.

You go so far to defend your precious phone, maybe my attacks against fan boys are being found to be personal?

Last edited:
U3Jjw.jpg

I think it's fair to say that Micro-USB is here to stay now on all portables devices, (apart from Apple devices) and that Samsung can't really be criticised for the number of plugs they used to use.

I am not making everyone out to be a fan boy, but it has to be said that more fan boys exist for Apple than any other company.

To answer your question a fan boy is someone who will only buy products from that one company, and will never consider others.

You go so far to defend your precious phone, maybe my attacks against fan boys are being found to be personal?

Yeah, I buy a lot of Apple gear. I started with a Mac and everything has tied into it since. Does that make me a fan boy then? Sure. What does it matter?

I use Virgin for a lot of things in my life. I'm on Virgin mobile, I fly with them whenever I get the chance, I used their trains in the UK. Am I a Virgin fan boy? Does it really matter? I've had fantastic experiences with Virgin, like I have had with Apple and so I will continue to use them.

I think it's fair to say that Micro-USB is here to stay now on all portables devices, (apart from Apple devices) and that Samsung can't really be criticised for the number of plugs they used to use.

And you say I am getting defensive with Apple gear?

Yeah, I buy a lot of Apple gear. I started with a Mac and everything has tied into it since. Does that make me a fan boy then? Sure. What does it matter?

I use Virgin for a lot of things in my life. I'm on Virgin mobile, I fly with them whenever I get the chance, I used their trains in the UK. Am I a Virgin fan boy? Does it really matter? I've had fantastic experiences with Virgin, like I have had with Apple and so I will continue to use them.

My question is though would you ever consider another company? If not, then that's exactly my point. Apple can continue taking your money whilst making you think you're using the best phone in the world. You might not care, and you're probably even happy about that, but like I said it's bad for technology overall, and will lead to the iPhone getting more and more boring each year.

And you say I am getting defensive with Apple gear?

I don't really particularly like Samsung. Admittedly I have a Samsung phone, but if there was a better HTC or iPhone, I'd get that. But I don't think it's fair to criticise them because they used to change their chargers a lot during their pre-smartphone era.

My question is though would you ever consider another company? If not, then that's exactly my point. Apple can continue taking your money whilst making you think you're using the best phone in the world. You might not care, and you're probably even happy about that, but like I said it's bad for technology overall, and will lead to the iPhone getting more and more boring each year.

I don't really particularly like Samsung. Admittedly I have a Samsung phone, but if there was a better HTC or iPhone, I'd get that. But I don't think it's fair to criticise them because they used to change their chargers a lot during their pre-smartphone era.

I will always choose the best phone for me and what I do in my life. Whilst Apple are still making phones, I imagine it'll suit my needs as I use lots of Apple products. It would make no sense for me to suddenly buy a Samsung/HTC whatever because it has NFC, a taller screen or any other hardware updates when it means I have to start again with apps and everything else.

I will always choose the best phone for me and what I do in my life. Whilst Apple are still making phones, I imagine it'll suit my needs as I use lots of Apple products. It would make no sense for me to suddenly buy a Samsung/HTC whatever because it has NFC, a taller screen or any other hardware updates when it means I have to start again with apps and everything else.

It would probably make sense for you to change phones if another phone comes out that suits you more, is better and has a cheaper price, but I guess you still wouldn't consider such a thing.

Until last month I had an iPod Touch which I had owned for a couple of years. The iPod Touch is the closest thing you can ever get to an iPhone and because I had it before my current phone it had the majority of the games and stuff which would have otherwise been on my phone. After 6 months the whole device got boring and it ended up just becoming my MP3 player. Now I've lost that I've had no troubles doing everything I could on their on my phone plus more. The iPhone isn't the only phone for apps and I don't like it when people feel the need to only ever consider Apple

i think that when people say they only consider apple, its not because of the logo, its just that they don't finish the sentence to reference their existing setup

when i next upgrade my phone (which will, i admit be next friday) i'm only considering apple as well, i'm only considering apple because i talk to my wife and daughter daily via facetime, i have a large number of purchased ios apps which make my life and job easier, all of my contact and calendar info is in icloud already, all of my music/movies/tv shows/podcasts are in iTunes and when i move to a new phone it will be easy to move all this across

i know i could cobble together all of that on windows phone 8 or android with a bit of playing about, but i don't have the time or inclination when i can take the easy option

however, i would move over in a heart beat if a new phone came out that had a new feature i was desperate for that apple didn't provide, same way i binned my once beloved sony-erricsson (and ipod and blackberry) as soon as the iphone was released

The day will come, do not worry. It used to be Walkman phones that were the most popular, then Blackberrys, and iPhones will not stay at the top forever (even though they technically aren't now anyway)

Sorry but no one has to switch numbers any more ever. You can always get a pak code when exiting contract (needed to transfer number) and in fact asking for one increases your chances of negotiating a better deal with existing provider. When you say pak code you go through to the people with real deal making clout.

You do if you switch network.

This thread has been about as useful as a poopy-flavored lollipop.

For someone that's never owned an iPhone, I think I can justify buying the 5.
Galaxy III 16gb is $200, same price as a similar iPhone 5, so there isn't a price premium. It's simply a matter of picking which phone would better suit my needs.

This thread has been about as useful as a poopy-flavored lollipop.

For someone that's never owned an iPhone, I think I can justify buying the 5.
Galaxy III 16gb is $200, same price as a similar iPhone 5, so there isn't a price premium. It's simply a matter of picking which phone would better suit my needs.

In the UK the 16 GB iPhone 5 is free for £46 a month, whereas the 16 GB Samsung Galaxy S3 is free for £28 a month.

Back