• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Tottenham snub AC Milan bid for Erik Lamela

The Premier League outfit are reluctant to part with the Argentina international and have knocked back a formal offer from the Rossoneri

Tottenham Hotspur have turned down a big-money bid from AC Milan for Argentine forward Erik Lamela, according to TuttoMercatoWeb.

It is claimed that a €20 million (£17.8m) offer was lodged by the Rossoneri, but that was dismissed out of hand by their English counterparts.

The Evening Standard has previously suggested that an interested party would need to come up with at least €35 million (£31.2m) in order to tempt Spurs to the negotiating table.

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/1...s-tottenham-snub-ac-milan-bid-for-erik-lamela

-----------------------------------------------------

If this is true, it is really stupid of AC Milan to bid 17m for a player we bought for 30m ! This after he has become one of our key players since last season ! Remember, we paid 30m for Sissoko. So, in today's transfer market, Lamela should be worth atleast 50m now !

Not sure about £50m but he is certainly proving to be worth the fee we paid for him

I still expect him to step up more this season and so far he has been ok, but I get the feeling there is more to come

One thing now is he doesn't look out of place which he did 2 years ago and that says a lot about how much he has moved onwards and upwards and is now actually very integral to the team

Last edited:
Not sure about £50m but he is certainly proving to be worth the fee we paid for him

I still expect him to step up mo ethos season and so far he has been ok, but I get the feeling there is more to come

On ethnic now is he doesn't look out of place which he did 2 years ago and that asa a lot about how much he has moved onwards and upwards and is now actually very integral to the team

Not sure about your auto-correct, either, mate ;)

The Premier League outfit are reluctant to part with the Argentina international and have knocked back a formal offer from the Rossoneri

Tottenham Hotspur have turned down a big-money bid from AC Milan for Argentine forward Erik Lamela, according to TuttoMercatoWeb.

It is claimed that a €20 million (£17.8m) offer was lodged by the Rossoneri, but that was dismissed out of hand by their English counterparts.

The Evening Standard has previously suggested that an interested party would need to come up with at least €35 million (£31.2m) in order to tempt Spurs to the negotiating table.

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/1...s-tottenham-snub-ac-milan-bid-for-erik-lamela

If this is true, it is really stupid of AC Milan to bid 17m for a player we bought for 30m ! This after he has become one of our key players since last season ! Remember, we paid 30m for Sissoko. So, in today's transfer market, Lamela should be worth atleast 50m now !

:eek:

Last edited:

That article title should read Daniel Levy Hospitalised Due To Uncontrollable Fit Of Laughter

I would have taken it.

When he plays well he's sort of okay, without ever dominating. I want more from a player than just running around and pressing hard. All the players are expected to do this. Lamela has to score and assist more...Eriksen too. I would take 30 million quid for him in a heart beat.

When he plays well he's sort of okay, without ever dominating. I want more from a player than just running around and pressing hard. All the players are expected to do this. Lamela has to score and assist more...Eriksen too. I would take 30 million quid for him in a heart beat.

I agree - he also does nothing for my blood pressure...........players tend to survive in our team on sheer hard work which is OK but we must want more, if we want to progress as a team.

For such a good player it is frustrating the number of times he leans back when shooting which does make it difficult to get a good shot away. Part of his game he could definitely improve. If only we could have combined his work rate with Chadli's finishing we would have had an awesome player.

The slack Lamela gets compared to Eriksen is comical. Posters froth at the mouth whenever Eriksen doesn't score or assist in a game even if he plays well. But most are fine with Lamela's similar mediocre performances because "he runs around" when the starts show Eriksen works just as hard, if not harder! The cynic in me thinks it might be something to do with the initial price tag and the fact that he was seen rightly or wrongly as Bale's direct replacement (in terms of the S Club 7 we signed from Bale's sale anyway).

Him and Eriksen have been below par and seriously need to up their game despite spurs7891 telling us on a daily basis that we should build the club around him as he's our most creative player.

People slate Eriksen for his tendency to bottle tackles, Lamela is reckless and doesn't use his head at times.

The slack Lamela gets compared to Eriksen is comical. Posters froth at the mouth whenever Eriksen doesn't score or assist in a game even if he plays well. But most are fine with Lamela's similar mediocre performances because "he runs around" when the starts show Eriksen works just as hard, if not harder! The cynic in me thinks it might be something to do with the initial price tag and the fact that he was seen rightly or wrongly as Bale's direct replacement (in terms of the S Club 7 we signed from Bale's sale anyway).

Him and Eriksen have been below par and seriously need to up their game despite spurs7891 telling us on a daily basis that we should build the club around him as he's our most creative player.

People slate Eriksen for his tendency to bottle tackles, Lamela is reckless and doesn't use his head at times.
I can see where Spurs7891 is coming from. Lamella is the only play who seems to consistently cut defences open with through balls for forwards to run onto. Alli is awful when he tries to do this, and haven't noticed much of this from Eriksen either this season. Poch probably recognised this which was why he took the risk of keeping him on and taking Son off even though he'd been booked.

Your point about Lamella being reckless is correct and I hope this will be worked to be stamped out because it will cost us at some point....

I do agree I would like to see more from Lamela, he needs to play with more conviction imo. Btw I felt he was unlucky to have conceded a free kick for the tackle after his yellow as he clearly got the ball. Felt the referee was being fussy there.

I do agree I would like to see more from Lamela, he needs to play with more conviction imo. Btw I felt he was unlucky to have conceded a free kick for the tackle after his yellow as he clearly got the ball. Felt the referee was being fussy there.

Agree re the second "foul", thought he got just enough of the ball.

However, he could do with not diving in so much, stay on your feet a bit more.

You can run all you want, it doesn't mean jack if it's not effective, and recently that's been eriksen. Don't believe me, ask danny rose.

I thought he was a lot more involved today than in recent games where he was stuck out on the right in a 4141.

There was a huge overreaction on here on on social media with people in hysterics thinking he was going to get a second yellow. But no reaction with Alli, Vertonghen or Rose's yellows. In the end Danny Rose was way closer to getting a second yellow. The Lamela tackle wasn't even a foul.

How is Lamela's running more effective than Eriksen? Eriksen stays on his feet at least
Where in that post did I say that Lamela's running was effective? I never even mentioned Lamela.
In your original post you claimed eriksen runs a lot, I don't disagree but the last couple of weeks it been to no effect.
None of them were effective today from midfield.

Paul Merson says he always thought Erik Lamela was a good player

Former Arsenal attacker Paul Merson said on the Sky Sports Now show on Sky Sports News HQ on Friday morning (broadcast from 10am, October 21, 2016) that he always thought that Tottenham Hotspur star Erik Lamela is a good player.

Merson made the comment while discussing his decision to include Lamela in his six-a-side team for Sky Sports’ Fantasy Six-A-Side.

The 24-year-old, who can play as an attacking midfielder or as a winger, is one of three Spurs players to be included in the team by the former England international.

“I have gone for Lamela, who I have always thought he was a good player even when he was struggling,” said Merson on Sky Sports News HQ on Friday morning (broadcast from 10am, October 21, 2016).

Lamela is one of the best and most important players for Tottenham and will be key for the team as the season progresses.

The Argentina international is likely to start for Spurs against Bournemouth away from home at the Vitality Stadium in the Premier League on Saturday afternoon.

Spurs will head into the match with confidence and will fancy their chances of picking up all three points.

Tottenham are third in the Premier League table at the moment with 18 points from eight matches, just a point behind leaders Emirates Marketing Project.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/10/2...always-thought-erik-lamela-was-a-good-player/

--------------------------------------------------

It is clear people outside Spurs, including those from Arsenal, appreciate Lamela more than some Spurs fans ! Thought Lamela had a good game against Bournemouth and was unlucky not to score a goal of the season contender. But strangely some Spurs fans are still not happy with him !

Back