• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

So we will sell him off to a new league where he will bang in the goals??

If he shows no signs of being able to do it in this league than would we be that bothered in that case?

My worry is moreso that I don't see the eye for a pass that he was trying to do earlier on in the season, it wasn't quite working out 100% obviously but I saw some real footballing intelligence and ambition in what he was trying to do. I think he'l be here next season but if he doesn't find form in that time then it'll be curtains for him. For a young lad perhaps a bit nervous in a new culture, to have a manager like Poch come in who has a reputation for working with youngsters as well as also being the same nationality, if he can't get the best out of him then it looks like a return to where he did have it going on would most likely be on the cards....

If he shows no signs of being able to do it in this league than would we be that bothered in that case?

If he were to go to another PL team and do it, then I might be bothered some. In which case, some fault may presumably then lie with the manager and coaches here. (It would then be interesting to see how such an eventuality were articulated in here, rather than just so and so ruined him, I can't blame the club, we had the best of intents, can see why we did it, oh well it didn't work out, we move on.) But yes, if he goes on to star in another league, I'd be bothered less so. Which could be applied to a few players who have waded in to PL footy, I guess.

Last edited:
If he were to go to another PL team and do it, then I might be bothered more. In which case, some fault may presumably then lie somehow somewhere with the manager and coaches here. (Right Cochise?) But yes, if he goes on to star in another league, I'd be bothered less so. Which could be applied to quite a few players who have waded in to PL footy, I guess.

I think Lamela will leave England if he leaves Spurs

Italy will be an obvious destination as potential clubs will be more confident he can replicate his earlier promise there, don't think English clubs would gamble on him.

If he were to go to another PL team and do it, then I might be bothered some.

I don;t think you need to be worried about that in the very least .. Hardly expecting a queue of EPL teams to form if we make it known he is available; especially knowing the fee that Levy would expect!

Most likely scenario would be a swap with a player in a Seria A team.

He is the new Giovani Dos Santos

The difference is Dos Santos tinkled off " rent a quote" early doors and because of that never had a real chance to show IF he could have made it here. He was given 15 games in the Prem ( mostly as a sub) in over 4 years Lamela has been given more in less time.

The difference is Dos Santos tinkleed off " rent a quote" early doors and because of that never had a real chance to show IF he could have made it here. He was given 15 games in the Prem ( mostly as a sub) in over 4 years Lamela has been given more in less time.

Because he turned up late to training and was interested in night clubs more than football according to various sources. AVB didn't seem too keen to keep hold of him when he replace HR and I don't blame him.

Because he turned up late to training and was interested in night clubs more than football according to various sources. AVB didn't seem too keen to keep hold of him when he replace HR and I don't blame him.

Funny that all the managers he has had before and since ( including those who managed him on loan) said he was no trouble, and was always first into training and one of the last to leave after practise.

Funny that all the managers he has had before and since ( including those who managed him on loan) said he was no trouble, and was always first into training and one of the last to leave after practise.

I'm sorry but there is a list a mile long of things you can blame Redknapp for which we don't really need to cover again. But blaming him for mugging off Alan Hutton and Giovani Dos Santos?? Really? So how comes AVB didn't want to keep him then?

I'm sorry but there is a list a mile long of things you can blame Redknapp for which we don't really need to cover again. But blaming him for mugging off Alan Hutton and Giovani Dos Santos?? Really? So how comes AVB didn't want to keep him then?

I have no idea if AVB wanted him or not, the fact is Dos Santos asked for a transfer ( or would let his contract run down and leave for free) in the same summer as AVB was given the job.

And IF he was a drunk as " rent a quote was insinuating how come all of his managers since have said he was no trouble. The truth is he got into " rent a quotes" bad books ( something Redknapp was good at) and was frozen out.

I have no idea if AVB wanted him or not, the fact is Dos Santos asked for a transfer ( or would let his contract run down and leave for free) in the same summer as AVB was given the job.

And IF he was a drunk as " rent a quote was insinuating how come all of his managers since have said he was no trouble. The truth is he got into " rent a quotes" bad books ( something Redknapp was good at) and was frozen out.

I thought it was the following summer that his contract ran out? Anyway, AVB could have at least asked him to stay if he really was intent on keeping him, doesn't seem like there was much effort from the club to persuade him to stay all the same.

As much as you say no other managers have bad mouthed Dos Santos, I have not heard Dos Santos himself deny the accusations despite the source like Adel Taarabt did publicly for example.

All of that aside, Dos Santos looked ineffective when he was given his chances, limited as they may have been and I don't regret selling him for a second.

I thought it was the following summer that his contract ran out? Anyway, AVB could have at least asked him to stay if he really was intent on keeping him, doesn't seem like there was much effort from the club to persuade him to stay all the same.

As much as you say no other managers have bad mouthed Dos Santos, I have not heard Dos Santos himself deny the accusations despite the source like Adel Taarabt did publicly for example.

All of that aside, Dos Santos looked ineffective when he was given his chances, limited as they may have been and I don't regret selling him for a second.

It was the following summer, but the fact is he wanted to leave and made that clear. As for Dos Santos getting into a tit for tat row with "rent a quote" what was the point? Redknapp had already been given the boot and what Redknapp had said was shown to be a load of flimflam by the other managers.

As usual old " rent a quote" was making it up as he went along.

Some young men just can't handle London. Or rather can't resist London :)

Let's be honest he simply didn't live up to the hype. He had chances with us and on loan but struggled to shine. He hasn't exactly done brilliantly in Spain either. He didn't really stand much of a chance at Spurs to be fair because the only role he plays adequately well is on the right hand side of a front three and we weren't playing that system whilst he was here. I don't think he'd fit in with Poch's style either.

Back