• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Huddlestone

I think that every Spurs fan owes him a debt of gratitude for his performance in the Young Boys away game. We were a shambles before he came on and without him we might never have tasted Champions League football.

really good point that and two players who also contributed who are no longer with us Bassong & super Pav.

yep Big thanks tom & good luck.

I feel for him if he joins Sunderland. They've got an impossibly tough start to the season and I can see them imploding under Di Canio.

I think Di Canio is going to be an excellent manager, and Sunderland made a great appointment. I just think he proper 'gets it' in terms of tactics and coaching and he takes no brick from players. He's bringing a lot in because he wants players that will listen to his methods and agree with them, as opposed to the Bardsleys and the Brambles that are likely to have a moan. And they've let him do that.

I think he really can drive Sunderland to a top half finish this season without any trouble. 8th place is a fair target.

Ahhhhhh, the league is so competitive though! Everton under Martinez, Swansea have gotten Bony, Sunderland, West Brom could potentially repeat the trick...gonna be very interesting to see how it all shapes up. Coming by points won't be easy.

I think Di Canio is going to be an excellent manager, and Sunderland made a great appointment. I just think he proper 'gets it' in terms of tactics and coaching and he takes no brick from players. He's bringing a lot in because he wants players that will listen to his methods and agree with them, as opposed to the Bardsleys and the Brambles that are likely to have a moan. And they've let him do that.

I think he really can drive Sunderland to a top half finish this season without any trouble. 8th place is a fair target.

Ahhhhhh, the league is so competitive though! Everton under Martinez, Swansea have gotten Bony, Sunderland, West Brom could potentially repeat the trick...gonna be very interesting to see how it all shapes up. Coming by points won't be easy.

I think that his style of management and personality will grate on players over a longer period of time and will become progressively less effective. Can you imagine having to go into work every day and face working for a boss like that?

I also think that his singling out and bully of players will be less effective at a higher level and will breed resentment.

It is possible that he will adapt his style but I think that it is more likely that he will prove to be a divisive manager and he will end up getting sacked. Their very tough run of fixtures up until December makes this more likely.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was the first Premier League manager to be sacked this season.

I will miss Thudd if he goes. Have a lot of time for him as a player. Lovely in possession, amazing pass and shot on him. A lot to his game that i love is just like Hoddle's, but Glenn had some more mobility and could beat players. I still think that in a 4-3-3 he should stay. He would have the running power around him, if he goes ill always give him a warm welcome on his return.

Huddlestone would boost numbers at Sunderland

By Martin Laurence, WhoScored.com | Jul 12, 2013 3:19 AM
If it adorned any other frame, Tom Huddlestone may well be more hair than body right now, but the giant midfielder continues to stick to his promise of not lopping off his locks until he scores again.

You have to look back to a memorable 3-3 draw against fierce North London rivals Arsenal for his last strike, back in April 2011, with the goal itself one of his trademark drives from the edge of the box. However, the 26-year-old's injury woes in recent years become clear when noticing that he has started just 14 league games since that day, making a further 11 substitute appearances.

It is his injury proneness that is undoubtedly the key detractor when it comes to prospective buyers' points of view, with Huddlestone's stint at White Hart Lane expected to come to an end following the signing of Paulinho. This week, however, interest has re-emerged from Sunderland and a £5 million bid seems to have been made as Paolo Di Canio looks to reshape a squad that struggled through the tail end of last season.

In this piece WhoScored shows us that stats that prove the former Forest midfielder and England international would be an excellent addition on Wearside providing he can stay fit, having started five of the last six Premier League games under Villas-Boas last season. Huddlestone is somewhat of a unique prospect in midfield. He is, for want of a better word, massive, with many claiming that he's always been somewhat of a lump.

It's true that he isn't the most mobile of midfielders, but with the right players alongside him in the middle (runners or battlers in the Lee Cattermole, Craig Gardner and Alfred N'Diaye ilk), Huddlestone can get on with what he does best: passing.

Although he tends to operate from a relatively deep position, the Spurs man has the vision to pick out a ball unlike many other Englishmen, as well as being able to keep possession ticking over with short, five-yard passes. His creativity is evidenced by the fact that Huddlestone picked up six assists in his 24 appearances in the Premier League and Europa League combined in the previous campaign, with only 14 of those coming as starts. His league tally, of four, in this respect s equal to that of Gareth Bale - who played 1896 more minutes, or the equivalent of just over 21 games - and only less than Aaron Lennon (7) last season.

Further highlighting the playmaking side to his play, Huddlestone averaged 1.1 key passes per game last season, which may seem modest but improves greatly when taking the limited minutes he played into account. Indeed, at Spurs only Bale, Moussa Dembele and Lennon boasted a better 'minutes per key pass' figure, with Huddlestone's 46.7 well in advance of the likes of Antonio Valencia, Theo Walcott, Frank Lampard and Yaya Toure at Tottenham's top-table rivals.

His passing game isn't limited to balls that can unlock defences. He is capable of switching play with long passes out wide or over the top. With five accurate long balls per game he ranks among the league's top 30 players despite playing a restricted role due to injury last season. In fact, when it comes to 'minutes per accurate long ball' of all players to make at least ten Premier League appearances last season, Tom Huddlestone (10.4) is at the top of the pile, just ahead of Steven Gerrard (10.6).

Despite his ability in possession, the 6'2" midfielder can also put in a shift defensively too, with an apparent lack of mobility often overplayed. He can read the game well, with an average of 51.4 minutes per interception only just behind the more combative types of Gardner (47.2) and N'Diaye (49.9) on Wearside, while an average of 42.8 minutes per tackle is not to be scoffed at.

A career hampered by injuries may also have been bad news for England, with such impressive stats backing up his bid to return to the international fold in time for next summer's World Cup. There's no doubt that a move away from Spurs in order to secure regular first team football would aid in bringing Huddlestone's potential to Roy Hodgson's attention, and the that may well be playing on the mind beneath the hairdo.

All statistics courtesy of WhoScored.com, where you can find yet more stats, including live in-game data and unique player and team ratings.

Huddlestone would boost numbers at Sunderland

By Martin Laurence, WhoScored.com | Jul 12, 2013 3:19 AM
If it adorned any other frame, Tom Huddlestone may well be more hair than body right now, but the giant midfielder continues to stick to his promise of not lopping off his locks until he scores again.

You have to look back to a memorable 3-3 draw against fierce North London rivals Arsenal for his last strike, back in April 2011, with the goal itself one of his trademark drives from the edge of the box. However, the 26-year-old's injury woes in recent years become clear when noticing that he has started just 14 league games since that day, making a further 11 substitute appearances.

It is his injury proneness that is undoubtedly the key detractor when it comes to prospective buyers' points of view, with Huddlestone's stint at White Hart Lane expected to come to an end following the signing of Paulinho. This week, however, interest has re-emerged from Sunderland and a £5 million bid seems to have been made as Paolo Di Canio looks to reshape a squad that struggled through the tail end of last season.

In this piece WhoScored shows us that stats that prove the former Forest midfielder and England international would be an excellent addition on Wearside providing he can stay fit, having started five of the last six Premier League games under Villas-Boas last season. Huddlestone is somewhat of a unique prospect in midfield. He is, for want of a better word, massive, with many claiming that he's always been somewhat of a lump.

It's true that he isn't the most mobile of midfielders, but with the right players alongside him in the middle (runners or battlers in the Lee Cattermole, Craig Gardner and Alfred N'Diaye ilk), Huddlestone can get on with what he does best: passing.

Although he tends to operate from a relatively deep position, the Spurs man has the vision to pick out a ball unlike many other Englishmen, as well as being able to keep possession ticking over with short, five-yard passes. His creativity is evidenced by the fact that Huddlestone picked up six assists in his 24 appearances in the Premier League and Europa League combined in the previous campaign, with only 14 of those coming as starts. His league tally, of four, in this respect s equal to that of Gareth Bale - who played 1896 more minutes, or the equivalent of just over 21 games - and only less than Aaron Lennon (7) last season.

Further highlighting the playmaking side to his play, Huddlestone averaged 1.1 key passes per game last season, which may seem modest but improves greatly when taking the limited minutes he played into account. Indeed, at Spurs only Bale, Moussa Dembele and Lennon boasted a better 'minutes per key pass' figure, with Huddlestone's 46.7 well in advance of the likes of Antonio Valencia, Theo Walcott, Frank Lampard and Yaya Toure at Tottenham's top-table rivals.

His passing game isn't limited to balls that can unlock defences. He is capable of switching play with long passes out wide or over the top. With five accurate long balls per game he ranks among the league's top 30 players despite playing a restricted role due to injury last season. In fact, when it comes to 'minutes per accurate long ball' of all players to make at least ten Premier League appearances last season, Tom Huddlestone (10.4) is at the top of the pile, just ahead of Steven Gerrard (10.6).

Despite his ability in possession, the 6'2" midfielder can also put in a shift defensively too, with an apparent lack of mobility often overplayed. He can read the game well, with an average of 51.4 minutes per interception only just behind the more combative types of Gardner (47.2) and N'Diaye (49.9) on Wearside, while an average of 42.8 minutes per tackle is not to be scoffed at.

A career hampered by injuries may also have been bad news for England, with such impressive stats backing up his bid to return to the international fold in time for next summer's World Cup. There's no doubt that a move away from Spurs in order to secure regular first team football would aid in bringing Huddlestone's potential to Roy Hodgson's attention, and the that may well be playing on the mind beneath the hairdo.

All statistics courtesy of WhoScored.com, where you can find yet more stats, including live in-game data and unique player and team ratings.

Lets keep him

I will miss Thudd if he goes. Have a lot of time for him as a player. Lovely in possession, amazing pass and shot on him. A lot to his game that i love is just like Hoddle's, but Glenn had some more mobility and could beat players. I still think that in a 4-3-3 he should stay. He would have the running power around him, if he goes ill always give him a warm welcome on his return.

Sorry but Hudd could not lace Hodds boots, it always makes me laugh when anyone trys to compere him to the best player i have seen in a Spurs shirt. It makes me wonder if they ever saw Hodd play.

Sorry but Hudd could not lace Hodds boots, it always makes me laugh when anyone trys to compere him to the best player i have seen in a Spurs shirt. It makes me wonder if they ever saw Hodd play.

i agree. hoddle was something else. much closer to berbs than thudd to me.

Why are people saying young Tom's going to replace Big Tom? how many games did young Tom start? I'd rather keep Thudd and sell Parker but if Thudd believes he can force his way into the England team with regular first team football at the mackems then fair do's.

If you read what I said I stated that he has a a lot in his game that i love that was like Hoddle's. Hoddle is my all time favourite spurs player and I also believe that he is the best player to wear a spurs shirt. I grew up with him in the side, and was gutted when it did not work out as a manager for him at Tottenham. Saying someone has tendencies like a certain player is not comparing them.

I think that every Spurs fan owes him a debt of gratitude for his performance in the Young Boys away game. We were a shambles before he came on and without him we might never have tasted Champions League football.

Absolutely correct. No Hudd that day and we were out of the competition. And of course City last term.

I rate him and £5 mill is a steal IMO. Absolute pleasure to watch.

I know he is northern but I think a Fulham move is more likely although I remember him (was it tweeting?) saying he was keen on the move to Stoke that fell through last term.

If you read what I said I stated that he has a a lot in his game that i love that was like Hoddle's. Hoddle is my all time favourite spurs player and I also believe that he is the best player to wear a spurs shirt. I grew up with him in the side, and was gutted when it did not work out as a manager for him at Tottenham. Saying someone has tendencies like a certain player is not comparing them.

I was not having a go at you mate, however i see nothing in Hudds game that comes anywhere near what Hoddle gave us.

I was not having a go at you mate, however i see nothing in Hudds game that comes anywhere near what Hoddle gave us.
Obviously not in overall contribution. But with that said he is the best long range pin point passer I have seen since Hoddle. And he can hit a volley or half volley like Hoddle could too. Also he us great in possession. But that's it. He us more defensive.

Hoddle could dribble like Gazza, create chances and hit a sweet free kick. When you think about it Hoddle was bloody amazing. Better than Ronaldo. He would be worth 100m these days.

Back