• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

How sad are 'some' of our fans!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I left the OMT shortly after the game because I find the same points being repeated boring but I didn't see much moaning about the moaners when I was on there. Did it change later?

Ooof. This one hurt.
The kneejerkers shouting at Levy/Poch/Lamela are out already with full force on some of the social media sites, as sadly expected.

Bugger - we move on!
PS some of our ' follower' are bloody pathetic - some need to grow up!

How dare we lose to Leicester..... like most teams so far this season
Get a grip people

From just one minute of casual browsing of the pages 17-19 (I think) on the OMT. I think @StephenH called me out on something or the other as soon as the game ended as well, although I think his post was deleted or moved for whatever reason and I can't be bothered to find it. It actually got prominent enough that @Rorschach or @Robspur12 (I think) requested that the aforementioned happy clappers just back off and let people vent for a while, that being what forums were for.

And today, we have this delightful, self-righteous, nauseatingly hypocritical thread, filled with equivalent moaning about 'entitlement tossers' needing to *ck off to Old Trafford and the like.

I've been calling out this sort of behaviour for a long time now, and I won't stop doing it. If you immediately attack your fellow supporters for being depressed after a game or having negative views on our fragility as a side, you're a self-aggrandizing c*nt who seeks to arbitrarily place yourself above other fans, and you're no better than you think the 'moaners' are. Does that mean that all sorts of behaviour when being angry after a game is acceptable? Of course not, and I've argued just as strongly that people who tweet Carroll and our other lads disgusting stuff after a game are just as macaronic and hypocritical. But turning on your own fellow fans, minutes or hours after a stupidly predictable defeat, just because you want to feel superior for some stupid reason....I will never see that as anything other than being a sneering, self-righteous so-and-so.

From just one minute of casual browsing of the pages 17-19 (I think) on the OMT. I think @StephenH called me out on something or the other as soon as the game ended as well, although I think his post was deleted or moved for whatever reason and I can't be bothered to find it. It actually got prominent enough that @Rorschach or @Robspur12 (I think) requested that the aforementioned happy clappers just back off and let people vent for a while, that being what forums were for.

And today, we have this delightful, self-righteous, nauseatingly hypocritical thread, filled with equivalent moaning about 'entitlement tossers' needing to *ck off to Old Trafford and the like.

I've been calling out this sort of behaviour for a long time now, and I won't stop doing it. If you immediately attack your fellow supporters for being depressed after a game or having negative views on our fragility as a side, you're a self-aggrandizing c*nt who seeks to arbitrarily place yourself above other fans, and you're no better than you think the 'moaners' are. Does that mean that all sorts of behaviour when being angry after a game is acceptable? Of course not, and I've argued just as strongly that people who tweet Carroll and our other lads disgusting stuff after a game are just as macaronic and hypocritical. But turning on your own fellow fans, minutes or hours after a stupidly predictable defeat, just because you want to feel superior for some stupid reason....I will never see that as anything other than being a sneering, self-righteous so-and-so.

I posted last night in response to @Rorschach that posters of all persuasions need to be considerate and moderate their behaviour. I stand by that.

I don't see the need for fans to turn on other fans after a defeat but similarly, if you are losing your sense of perspective or just being repetitive then a bit of self moderation is needed.

I posted last night in response to @Rorschach that posters of all persuasions need to be considerate and moderate their behaviour. I stand by that.

I don't see the need for fans to turn on other fans after a defeat but similarly, if you are losing your sense of perspective or just being repetitive then a bit of self moderation is needed.

Fair enough, but the equivalence you're drawing between venting miserably after a defeat and rounding on other supporters for daring to be unhappy isn't one the posters on this thread share: for them, there's no comparison between the two, which is why they're able to start hilariously hypocritical threads like this one day after a sodding defeat calling on the 'entitlement tossers' to f*ck off.

Fair enough, but the equivalence you're drawing between venting miserably after a defeat and rounding on other supporters for daring to be unhappy isn't one the posters on this thread share: for them, there's no comparison between the two, which is why they're able to start hilariously hypocritical threads like this one day after a sodding defeat calling on the 'entitlement tossers' to f*ck off.

I do not agree that this thread is hypocritical. People who go overboard after a defeat are forcing their behaviour onto other users, I can see why some posters want to push back at that. I think that people forget that this is a public space and that we should give similar consideration for other people here, as I would hope we would in other public places. I get that some posters are disappointed and want to express that, I think that they should be given a little space to do that but I think in return they need to be considerate of posters who feel differently.

Everything in moderation

(pun intended)

FFS look at West Ham, a few weeks ago they were way off the pace now they are 1 point from 4th. It can change so quickly - we need to turn our dominance into goals and wins.
Stop fudging whinging, two seasons ago we were watching AVB's brand of brick and then listening to Dim Tim talking absolute bollx! Poch is doing a great job, it's only been 18 months ffs

As I said wallowing in their own misery , Wah, Moan, Bitch, cry etc etc.

upload_2016-1-14_21-6-10.jpeg

I actually work with a couple of Spurs fans who rarely seem happy unless we have lost or Levy has done something to irritate them. They seem to find more hapiness in our failings

I actually work with a couple of Spurs fans who rarely seem happy unless we have lost or Levy has done something to irritate them. They seem to find more hapiness in our failings

Sadly I think they are part of very noisy and irritating minority - but thier attitude totally baffles me. If I was them I'd get a hobby like an allotment or take up knitting ;)

I do not agree that this thread is hypocritical. People who go overboard after a defeat are forcing their behaviour onto other users, I can see why some posters want to push back at that. I think that people forget that this is a public space and that we should give similar consideration for other people here, as I would hope we would in other public places. I get that some posters are disappointed and want to express that, I think that they should be given a little space to do that but I think in return they need to be considerate of posters who feel differently.

Well, we disagree on the nature of this thread. To me, it is hypocritical in every sense, complaining about users 'forcing' their anger after a defeat onto others (a perspective I still find somewhat dubious, but still) by crowing one's superiority to those users and asking them to go support someone else if they dare to expect more from the team than certain users have deemed it appropriate for them to expect. I'm happy that both sides of the argument are given space to express themselves, but that doesn't mean that I won't point out the rank ludicrousness of threads like these when they do pop up, since by and large the 'moaning' and self-righteous crowing occur in the same space (the post-match comments in the OMT) and it still amazes me that the same posters who sneer so self-righteously at their own fellow fans (whose anger is directed not at these self-assured ***ts, but at the team) also see no moral or logical dilemma in opening up a thread to sneer at them even more. For balance, I suppose a thread asking those self-righteous posters (or, to use @Gutter Boy 's preferred modes of communication, 'smug, arrogant happy-clapper tossers') to sod off and support someone else is in order: but doing so would, I recognize, be polarizing this board even more.

Hence, I'll just call them out when I see them. To me, it is hypocritical. It is a stunning abandonment of self-awareness. And it is as responsible for the lack of consideration of others' situations post-match as any amount of 'moaning' can be.

As I said wallowing in their own misery , Wah, Moan, Bitch, cry etc etc.

View attachment 2589

I'm not the one who needs to start a thread to complain about other posters. I'm also not the one who needs to gain self-satisfaction by (amusingly) bitching about other people apparently having a moan. But, as I said, self-awareness is in short supply with the people who turn on other fans who support the same team seconds after a defeat.

I'm not the one who needs to start a thread to complain about other posters. I'm also not the one who needs to gain self-satisfaction by (amusingly) bitching about other people apparently having a moan. But, as I said, self-awareness is in short supply with the people who turn on other fans who support the same team seconds after a defeat.

Me thinks you protest too much and if you want to be a moaning Minnie do so, but trying to suggest that you have the moral ground is making your point worthless by your overegging it.

Me thinks you protest too much and if you want to be a moaning Minnie do so, but trying to suggest that you have the moral ground is making your point worthless by your overegging it.

No one is covering themselves in glory here, is my point. Not the people moaning (of which I am absolutely usually a member), but certainly not the arrogant, hypocritical t*ats who instantly turn on them either. And, viewed from that angle, the fact that one group is angry at the team and the other is angry at the former group is telling, especially when the latter goes on to make a thread for the sole purpose of bitching at fellow fans of Tottenham Hotspur.

But, hey, what's the use. Post another picture of a buffalo, make a stupidly snarky comment and be on your way. The best part is that I personally have let go of most of my anger about yesterday's defeat, and about the club in general over the course of the past few months, believe it or not: but certain members, I suspect, will not cease to be angry about fellow supporters looooong after those supporters have stopped being angry in the aftermath of defeats. One is temporary, one is seemingly permanent. And the hypocrisy of that stance never gets through to these people.

The term "entitlement tossers" in fact this thread is out of order and actually stifles debate. Mods imo should not condone it.

Last edited:
No one is covering themselves in glory here, is my point. Not the people moaning (of which I am absolutely usually a member), but certainly not the arrogant, hypocritical t*ats who instantly turn on them either. And, viewed from that angle, the fact that one group is angry at the team and the other is angry at the former group is telling, especially when the latter goes on to make a thread for the sole purpose of bitching at fellow fans of Tottenham Hotspur.

But, hey, what's the use. Post another picture of a buffalo, make a stupidly snarky comment and be on your way. The best part is that I personally have let go of most of my anger about yesterday's defeat, and about the club in general over the course of the past few months, believe it or not: but certain members, I suspect, will not cease to be angry about fellow supporters looooong after those supporters have stopped being angry in the aftermath of defeats. One is temporary, one is seemingly permanent. And the hypocrisy of that stance never gets through to these people.

upload_2016-1-14_21-56-31.jpeg

I never want to hear the term sexy again. It was funny to start with but it has overstayed its welcome. I also think that this mindset is a self-fulfilling prophecy and we need to get over it.

It's not a dig at the current players or Poch, it's the perception of what people think of us as a club, and to be fair, it's hardly inaccurate. We do get ourselves into great positions only to stumble at the last hurdle. It doesn't bother me at all. You don't want to hear it at all? The team/club are the only ones that can change it on the pitch.

I don't think that a misery circle jerk would do anyone any good.

I like to think of myself as a realistic Spurs fan. I expect Spurs to let me down, I don't see that as being pessimistic, I've just grown up with Spurs and have come to expect the worst but hope for the best.

Some of the crap posted on here is comical after a defeat, but to me, I find it equally annoying when people come on here when we get pumped 4-0 and say things like "people are overreacting" or "we didn't play that bad". It's a bit pig headed but I accept that people have their right to this kind of opinion. If people want to say it's great to be a Spurs fan after a tonking then great, go nuts. But people should also be allowed to vent as some people do take defeats harder than others. Some people can just shrug off a defeat, I can't personally but I don't usually let it bother me anymore for more than a few hours.

I know when I come on here there will be views I disagree with, and that's part of the fun of GG. I feel that supporters in the stands have a role to play and that is to support the team. Booing, hurling abuse at players - especially the young 'uns like Tom Carroll - hurts the team. I don't give a toss what they have paid, they can (and should) get behind the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back