• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

How sad are 'some' of our fans!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Entitlement tossers is my favourite term for them.

Just point them in the direction of Stamford Bridge or Old Trafford.

United are now offering members the chance to buy 4 tickets at a time for Stoke. That Unheard of but show the fickle nature as more and more aren't going now

I have no problem with people being as fatalistic if they want.
Thats the way some people's minds work.
They'll feel everything in life will let them down.

But down ruin the name of our football club.
Social media tossers have developed this horrible term involving the name of our club during our most successful spell in 20 years.
And now its into the wider football world.
James Richardson on the Guardian Football Podcast 'hilariously' asked some middle class journo in his 20s if our result against Saudi Sportswashing Machine was "sexy".
It wont be long before the term comes up on MOTD.
How long before our latest signing wonders what the term means.

And our idiot fans who think we are the only team who's results ever go against them are the ones that come up with it.

Remember, not all of us believe Pochettino is a going to be great manager, or were naive enough to believe we stood any chance of winning the league and this season (more then most) if you speak negative of the team, some of the more dramatic (and sensitive) decide to question your support of the club, which is quite sad.

Come match day we all (well most of us) support the club/players, even if we dislike the manager, or believe he will get found out.

I do agree that attacking players/managers is uncalled for, regardless of your views, as that is a part I have never joined in, even going back years, when some of our "fans" would slate players returning from injury (like Chrissy Armstrong) and boo the poor lad at games, you should never turn on players, save it for forums or debates with your pals at the pub!

.......Anyway, new poster and seems like a decent spurs forum and saves me from being desperate enough to join ja606 :D

Remember, not all of us believe Pochettino is a going to be great manager, or were naive enough to believe we stood any chance of winning the league and this season (more then most) if you speak negative of the team, some of the more dramatic (and sensitive) decide to question your support of the club, which is quite sad.

Come match day we all (well most of us) support the club/players, even if we dislike the manager, or believe he will get found out.

I do agree that attacking players/managers is uncalled for, regardless of your views, as that is a part I have never joined in, even going back years, when some of our "fans" would slate players returning from injury (like Chrissy Armstrong) and boo the poor lad at games, you should never turn on players, save it for forums or debates with your pals at the pub!

.......Anyway, new poster and seems like a decent spurs forum and saves me from being desperate enough to join ja606 :D

Be aware .. there is a bit of a hazing to join the board (someone please provide), but welcome anyway.

The issue from the OP was not questioning Poch or team, or questioning people's support of the team.

To me at least, its the sky is falling (childish, entitled nonsense), sell the entire team, Levy out brick that surfaces every time we don't win 3-0

Does anyone really think a 3rd loss for season in January is something to bitch about?

nice username

Be aware .. there is a bit of a hazing to join the board (someone please provide), but welcome anyway.

The issue from the OP was not questioning Poch or team, or questioning people's support of the team.

To me at least, its the sky is falling (childish, entitled nonsense), sell the entire team, Levy out brick that surfaces every time we don't win 3-0

Does anyone really think a 3rd loss for season in January is something to bitch about?

There was a similar reaction after the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game. Do these twitters have a point? typical spurs? Not based on the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game as that was simply a defeat that was due, but if we're serious about finishing top four then we have to beat our rivals at some point. A good reaction against Sunderland and beating our rivals come the business end is needed, otherwise if we fail to finish 4th by losing the big games or drawing when we should win, that will give fans reason to role out the "sexy" comments (which is gonads).

Did you shut your pub down for a reason @The Flying Scotsman

I don't think that a misery circle jerk would do anyone any good.

I hardly think a circle-jerk of self-important, puffed-up, 'I'm a true fan' righteousness helps either, to be honest. We have both on this forum. But I'll be damned if I don't see the happy-clappers angrily rounding on their fellow fans for daring to be unhappy far more often than the other way around.

We've lost 3 games all season. This is the most resilient we've ever been

You can't win them all. Last year's champions lost 3, and the runners-up 7

And when it's pointed out that we are not likely to finish as Champions, or with anything more than 65 points based on our current PPG ratio (which has, iirc, only once been enough for CL qualification)?

I see people rushing to proclaim the death of Spursiness, and to express their displeasure at the term applied to the bottling we've undeniably done with greater ease than our rivals at key times...but understand that as long as stupidly self-inflicted setbacks like yesterday continue, that term will never disappear. It's also why I chuckle at people who bemoan AVB's 'turgid' football in 2012-2013, because as far as I'm concerned, if anyone ended Spursiness, it was him in that year, getting us to 72 points (a feat unmatched by any Spurs manager in PLhistory) and grinding out consistencyand points in a manner that Poch has so far failed to achieve (although obviously Poch has less to work with): maybe all that turgidity helped us more than some imagine.

Last edited:
Win lose or draw. Finish wherever!
Just take them all in your stride as its part of football and following 'your' team.

Have a moan and a bitch of course, it's part of a bad result like yesterday, just ask my two poor dogs!

But don't whing - we are having some good times ATM with a new 'young' team. Reasons to be optimistic!

And in fact, having a thought about it, the first reaction to a stupid result like yesterday's by the people in this thread was created to sneer at was aimed at the team, the players, the club. Par for the course following a defeat. But the first reaction of the people who do inhabit this thread, self-righteously sneering about 'entitlement tossers' and proclaiming themselves to be better fans, was actually to attack other fans who were unhappy with the result.

The 'moaners' don't think about you after a defeat, they think about the loss. The self-righteous people...no, they don't think about the loss, they immediately (with almost vicious glee) round on their fellow fans, who've been supporting the club as long as they have (in many cases), and who are just as helpless when it comes to influencing what shenanigans our lads get up to on the pitch as the pompous ones.

Have a look in the mirror, and tell me you're not what you unconvincingly (and hypocritically) sneer at yourselves.

And in fact, having a thought about it, the first reaction to a stupid result like yesterday's by the people in this thread was created to sneer at was aimed at the team, the players, the club. Par for the course following a defeat. But the first reaction of the people who do inhabit this thread, self-righteously sneering about 'entitlement tossers' and proclaiming themselves to be better fans, was actually to attack other fans who were unhappy with the result.

The 'moaners' don't think about you after a defeat, they think about the loss. The self-righteous people...no, they don't think about the loss, they immediately (with almost vicious glee) round on their fellow fans, who've been supporting the club as long as they have (in many cases), and who are just as helpless when it comes to influencing what shenanigans our lads get up to on the pitch as the pompous ones.

Have a look in the mirror, and tell me you're not what you unconvincingly (and hypocritically) sneer at yourselves.
The expression poking a hornets nest comes to mind.

The expression poking a hornets nest comes to mind.

wijcadxr3rjzpzafjdwr.gif

Bees, hornets....eh, close enough. :p

I left the OMT shortly after the game because I find the same points being repeated boring but I didn't see much moaning about the moaners when I was on there. Did it change later?

I was there last night too & echo the poster who said the life was sucked out of the crowd when the goal went in. People were silent in shock. The bloke next to me resorted to slagging off the crowd for 'not supporting the team' and then when people left (in injury time) decided he would advise them to 'stay & support the team you pricks'

I guess there's one in every block.

In the last few years I haven't been particularly impressed with our support when I've gone to be honest but felt last night was decent enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back