• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

How sad are 'some' of our fans!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at the game yesterday and that Robert Huth goal sucked the life out of me and the stadium, the guys that I sit with and I were literally silent for the last minutes, gobsmacked.

The issue is that we get so close and have it in our grasp, and then we have unfortunate games like yesterday.

It genuinely felt like such a massive sucker punch

But this season is so open, onwards and upwards - hopefully we are having a mini blip now and we can push on for the rest of the season!

As games as tight as this go on we lack maturity, we start to rush things, lose shape a little and make hurried decisions. They will learn and hopeful if we can keep the bulk of this team together reap the benefits over the course of the next few seasons.

Such a shame, fans get on players backs over one side ways pass, one slip...if a stadium full of fans replicated the support our away fans give us we'd have some heck of an intimidating atmosphere and there's no telling what that does to a players confidence.

I feel "sexy" is something that we as fans are letting become part of our club, bullied into it almost. Our players have ended the perception of them being a "soft touch", about time we did the same.

We lost! Yes it hurts!
But why do some of our so called "fans" sounds like they almost relish being able to trot out this "Spurs will always let you down" "its in our DNA" and "its all very sexy" rubbish comments.

I think it about time some grew up and got behind 'their' team.

I have to agree, I suppose expectations differ based on where we are as a club now and what's expected, but for me I remember the 90's and 00's and watching us play under Gross, Pleat and GG and basically become fodder for top teams, so I am in dreamland personally to see our Spurs in the upper reaches of the league. Yeh the result at the time yesterday would suck the life out of you but I am not going to chuck myself off a cliff anytime soon.

Great new stadium coming, best training pitch in world, great first team, good manager building a team that looks like it knows its mission....Im happy

I think fans have the right to let out their frustrations, after all is that not one of the points of having a forum?

Obviously the scum that go on social media and attack players/staff etc need to do one but frustration is part of the game we all love and i do not see the problem with it if it is kept sensible.

Maybe there should be a thread dedicated to people who want to have a bitch and cool down? That way the people who have obviously never said a bad thing about the club don't have to view it.

I think fans have the right to let out their frustrations, after all is that not one of the points of having a forum?

Obviously the scum that go on social media and attack players/staff etc need to do one but frustration is part of the game we all love and i do not see the problem with it if it is kept sensible.

Maybe there should be a thread dedicated to people who want to have a bitch and cool down? That way the people who have obviously never said a bad thing about the club don't have to view it.

I agree to an extent but I have a Utopian view to support in that I truly believe in the 12th man theory. People don't these days because there is an argument that's thrown around of "if they are paid x we should expect y"

But I had the joy of being at an NI game for the Euro qualifications and the support there was what undoubtedly took the team to another level, and you could sense that the support would be there win, lose or draw and came from slightly lower expectations, that said I have always dreamt of a siege mentality at games, not spiteful but like the Scottish or Northern Irish, nothing left on the pitch or on the terraces at the end of the game, if you come to WHL you have to earn the win because the team and crowd are in unison. Unfortunately there is an uneasy nervous tension at Spurs and has been since the flirtation with 4th years…..

Some of us have been living with this since the 70's, so it might pay to be a little more understanding.

My first trip to WHL was 1968. We all hate losing, but of our fans go into a downward spiral, blaming players then managers and finally their favourite whinging target 'I blave Levy'......we have seen all of these after just one defeat, one! Understanding? do me a favour!

I don't think that a misery circle jerk would do anyone any good.

I'm not talking about just having moan. I was distraught when that goal went in last night. Gave my dogs a foul mouth tirade and told them they must be Leicester fans! But then I sucked it up and moved on. It's the Yin and Yang of the game, it why I love sport/football and Spurs in particular.
I can think nothing more boring than being a PSG or Bayern fan, for example, in 2015.

I was gutted last night but now I'm over it. These kids are doing us proud and we should never forget that. I think any chance we had at the title may have slipped away last night but top 4 is very much on. Compartmentalise your goals and expectations people.

I will echo comments made and register my distaste for the 'sexy' tag. It is a label of weakness and inevitability that annoys me every time I read it. I propose we don't use it on this forum. You have to start somewhere!! Maybe the mods could organise a text substitution into something more positive when someone types it.

its a long season, its a rally not a sprint, no point worrying about results elsewhere, we hit sections of the course at different times, we get an easy game at anfield when the nomads have to play a side like leicester later in the season

no result in isolation determines anything, and its never about one season

I will echo comments made and register my distaste for the 'sexy' tag. It is a label of weakness and inevitability that annoys me every time I read it. I propose we don't use it on this forum. You have to start somewhere!! Maybe the mods could organise a text substitution into something more positive when someone types it.

Careful, we don't need a lot of encouragement ;)

If you're gonna blame anyone/anything then blame our luck. Once again we had more possession & plenty of shots at goal. It's not for lack of trying. If it was a lazy performance then yes - get on their backs!
After games like this where we flirt with a higher position, I first want to punch myself in the head, I then go quiet about it. Today I actually wanted to listen to Talkbrick to see what their opinion was (sadistic I know).

All fans have a right to moan... That's normal and acceptable

Fans however don't have the right yo main about players who aren't playing for example... That's completely clamish and makes them look like mugs

Something I've noticed is the moany whiny owns I see at the ground are the same ones who when we're playing well never shut up about how great we are ... They want the good but can't accept the bad (or the minor niggles)

I am however seeing a more tolerant view now but it can quickly turn knowing our fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back