• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

How much will we spend this summer?

How much will we spend this summer

• £0m - £20m

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • £20m - £50m

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • £50m - £75m

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • £75 - £100m

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • £100m+

Votes: 24 45.3%

• Total voters
Transfermarkt says that we've spent a net amount of 110 million euros so far this summer. That does not include Royale's transfer and only shows us as having received a fee for Rodon so far with every other departure bringing in zero funds.

Assuming Royale's sale brings in about 15m euros that would put us on 95m euros net. Without further departures I don't think I see us having any more than another 35 to 50m euros to spend.

The only player who might end up being sold that I see bringing in a modicum of funds is Skip, as I don't see anyone paying anything more than token amounts for either Lo Celso or Solomon.

As things stand I think we'll sign one more player this summer.
Parrott brought in a fee.
After Odobert, I still reckon the team will look to pick up someone else. Central midfielder and/or left-back cover.

I think we'll still get another couple in

The "educated" rumours was it was 3 before Solanke, and they were broadly -> CF/Winger/Midfield, so leave 1 left likely

That's pretty much panned out, I think anything beyond that will be future buys like Yang, Vuskovic, etc.

The "educated" rumours was it was 3 before Solanke, and they were broadly -> CF/Winger/Midfield, so leave 1 left likely

That's pretty much panned out, I think anything beyond that will be future buys like Yang, Vuskovic, etc.

I think we're leaving ourselves light at CB if we don't add one more

Fair, but I think just keeping Dragusin happy is going to be an ask

Yeah, IMO there's zero chance we add another senior CB to the mix when we have three really good ones already plus Davies. If anything happens in defense it'll be someone who can cover several positions, but primarily left or right wing back. A 4th choice CB won't even make the bench unless we have multiple injuries/suspensions.

Vdv, romero, dragusin, davies, gray, dorrington and vuskovic joining in jan. Phillips hasn't gone on loan yet either.

First 3 good, Davies at a push then we're looking at youngsters - one of whom is out on loan, 2 will likely follow and Gray is a CM/RB - so fair to say we're light there imv

Last edited:
I thought Vuskovic wasn't coming until next summer?

We definitely need someone else would could cover LB and/or LCB. Would take a loan if someone is available.

First 3 good, Davies at a push then we're looking at youngsters - one of whom is out on loan, 2 will likely follow and Gray is a CM/RB - so fair to say we're light there imv
Agreed. But think it's a difficult one to solve.

Perfect signing imo would be a LB/LCB hybrid, but not a ton of them around. Would have to be significantly better than Davies to be worth it. Who would be happy probably being 4th choice.

Agreed. But think it's a difficult one to solve.

Perfect signing imo would be a LB/LCB hybrid, but not a ton of them around. Would have to be significantly better than Davies to be worth it. Who would be happy probably being 4th choice.
We have been linked with one

Hincapie

Back