• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

How are your nerves holding up?

StephenH

David Ginola
Mine are shot after every game. Never known such tention from a season.
Squeaky bum time and then some.

Yes from our current position in mid Feb, the EL would be a terrific achievement.

We're at the start of big things. There's no point getting ahead of ourselves. City, Arsenal and United are much more established, used to winning, and will come back at us very hard. This team won't peak for another couple of years.

Yes from our current position in mid Feb, the EL would be a terrific achievement.

I posted a thread at the start of the season called The Power of Expectation or some brick like that. But basically I was trying to point out that we need to be careful of the above i.e people coming away off the back of a very successful season unhappy due to a shift in their expectations mid season (assuming you are being sarcastic with your post)

If we end up 5th in May, having worked out a system, brought through young players, playing enjoyable football and regularly competing with the 'big boys', it's been a successful season. It's been a very successful season if you take into account how early we are in the plan.

I'd hate to start next season off on a negative note because we were in with a shout of winning the league in Feb and that has skewed fans expectations to something that they should not be.

Enjoying the matches with the mindset my expectations are kept firmly in check. If we are still in the hunt to win the league at the end of March, and we can somehow navigate April without dropping many points, I'm going to start to believe we could get top 4 this season or even better.

I dont think you can look at it like that. Expectations will always rise during a season. We couldnt have imagine players like Dier, Alli, Alderwereld being as good as they are. Even the likes of Walker, Davies, Lamela & Trippier have been excellent. Are these guys playing out their skin or are they playing at the level that they can?

Anything but a top for finish will be a failure in my opinion at this stage. At the start of the season i didnt think any of the above would play like they have been.

This is the best chance we will have in a long time to finish high up.

next season City, Utd and Chelsea will be much MUCH stronger.

I dont think you can look at it like that. Expectations will always rise during a season. We couldnt have imagine players like Dier, Alli, Alderwereld being as good as they are. Even the likes of Walker, Davies, Lamela & Trippier have been excellent. Are these guys playing out their skin or are they playing at the level that they can?

Anything but a top for finish will be a failure in my opinion at this stage. At the start of the season i didnt think any of the above would play like they have been.

This is the best chance we will have in a long time to finish high up.

And the same could be said about us as well, young players who will get better.

Not going to think about where we might end up, for me it's all about where we are right now.
Times like this don't come round too often for teams outside the Sky 4 so I'm going to savour every moment.

Imagine how Chelsea and United fans must be feeling right now. :D

Disagree. The league has been steadily declining in quality for about 5 years now. The Chinese money will help that continue.

United in particular are on a spiral of decline. City and Chelsea will also spend at least 6-9 months bedding in their new managers. We'll have the same coach, the same squad and massive momentum.

My nerves are fine. I started supporting Spurs in 1990, and having lived through the crap since then, I can't do anything but enjoy this ride with a grin and a mild confusion. I am a little conflicted by the whole thing, this is brand new! Even the season we qualified for CL didn't give me this feeling. The solidness of it all, the confidence. I follow Spurs TV a lot, and they keep reinforcing that confidence every day with short videos of our players having a great time with each other. I can honestly say that while I'll be dreadfully nervous to the point of screaming at the TV during games, this season is just pure joy to me.

Back