• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
that'll be you exercising your profound intellect, that you would have us all believe you possess.

Nice

I've never professed to having a great intellect. If you've detected one in our other interactions then thanks for the compliment.

I'll repeat. Harry is a cu*t and I'd love to ask him just one difficult question the way his media chums never will.

I've never professed to having a great intellect. If you've detected one in our other interactions then thanks for the compliment.

I'll repeat. Harry is a cu*t and I'd love to ask him just one difficult question the way his media chums never will.

To explain L'hopitals rule?

Let's start a little easier shall we? Maybe why did you slag our squad when you've been in charge of the club for nearly 4 seasons. Why talk about tiredness when you haven't rotated the squad? Why haven't you played Defoe? Why have you indulged Bale on the right? Why have you played 442 and then slagged it off like you're not the one on charge of the team. Why are you moving the goalposts about 3rd/4th/5th now having stated 3rd is where we will finish all year. Why don't you EVER take responsibly for your mistakes? Why didn't you kill the England rumours on day one? Why why why.

Let's start a little easier shall we? Maybe why did you slag our squad when you've been in charge of the club for nearly 4 seasons. Why talk about tiredness when you haven't rotated the squad? Why haven't you played Defoe? Why have you indulged Bale on the right? Why have you played 442 and then slagged it off like you're not the one on charge of the team. Why are you moving the goalposts about 3rd/4th/5th now having stated 3rd is where we will finish all year. Why don't you EVER take responsibly for your mistakes? Why didn't you kill the England rumours on day one? Why why why.

Unfortuatly you would be wasting you breath, he would just call you another idiot fan for having the nerve to question his decisions.

Disappointment is set by expectation. When expectation is raised, but not achieved, it's natural to be disappointed.

Players and Harry and perhaps Levy need to accept the blame for this horrific slide. Them and the idiot who started the "mind the gap" flimflam.

I HOLD HIM SOLELY TO BLAME... we've been paying for it ever since... what a taco!

I remember people moaning at Chich on this forum because he believed Harry was a mediocre manager and wanted him out.

Harry has always had basic tactical ability. Look at his past clubs and look at the team he had taken over at Spurs. He had Modric, Bale, Lennon, Dawson, King, Ekotto from day one, many of whom have had a couple of seasons under their belts and were ready to shine in the PL.

Ramos was simply that bad with the team that anyone could have taken over (especially a fan pleasing, delboy impersonating Englishman).

He has had a good run but he just lacks in too many areas for my liking. We have needed strikers for many seasons now and the money lost for not achieving CL would have cost around the same.

No team and I mean NO team should be in our position from leading the scum by 10 points, especially with hardly any injuries.

It comes down to poor mangement and poor preperation. A single good striker can make all the difference, look what RVP has done for the scum.

I would have gone as far as putting the stadium build on hold to provide a winning team for seasons to come. Now we are looking not to get CL and our best players will go and we will be right back to square one.

Seen it all before.

Actually I'm glad that **** doesn't play for us. I agree with the overall point though.

Mmmm.... Suarez would have been a top signing for Spurs, IMHO. If Redknapp thought he was a VdV clone, I doubt Redknapps credentials even more. Suarez is much pacier and skillfull. But then again I think Morientes would have been a great Spurs player, all those years ago.

We really have made a mess of signing the right type and calibre of striker, and that has cost us dearly over the years. Rebrov. Keane..... and then re-signing him! Crouch...... and again having him back. Ditto defoe (a luxury player and striker). We really have needed a Ruud Van Nistelroy type of striker for eons. Berbatov came closest to being our new Martin Chivers. But we have still largely failed in that department. ?ú31m for Berbatov was spent on what, exactly?

It is here that the Chairman has not really helped the manager. How much was due to disagreement. I don't know. But I do believe that being a plc was a severe restriction. Maybe now we will see if that is correct. We were de-listed in Januart I think. I don't think we could have ever made a real marquee signing with that emcumbent.

but we dont have to or didnt have to make a marquee signing. Imagine what a difference signing a P Cisse or Jelavic in Jan could have made to our fortunes

I think Plc or not, we could have afforded to sign those strikers

but we dont have to or didnt have to make a marquee signing. Imagine what a difference signing a P Cisse or Jelavic in Jan could have made to our fortunes

Of course we could have afforded to sign those strikers we are a rich club and we haven't been afraid of spunking 4-6 mil on Parker when we know we wouldn't get a return on an investment. So I see no reason why Levy wouldn't have sanctioned a deal for either one of Jelavic or Cisse when they are both relatively young and we could still get a decent return on them. The real question one needs to ask is if the management missed out on identifying them correctly as transfer targets.

did he?

the players looked tired, whats he supposed to do, say they were all hung over

you can rotate when you have the strength in depth

Bale will leave - I believe, unless he is given opportunity to express himself. He is getting bogged down on the left with two players double teaming him - would you rather that every game?

I would have played Defoe and Ade in tandem all season

why does a manager have to play the same formation for every team we play, you obviously listen more to the press than me, as I've not caught any quotes about any formation being less value than another

you need to rethink the second highlighted question, as you would look a tit for asking it

Why don't you EVER take responsibility for the mistakes that I perceive you to have made, which despite my lack of managerial experience, acumen and proven ability are clearly ones that anyone with the gift of foresight would have predicted.

the answer to the last question is because I will accept if offered the position.

Agreed that we didn't necessarily have to make the biggest signings to make a positive difference, in the January window, and we probably would not get the creme de la creme in the January window anyway.

But equally, Saha was the way forward and the best we could get??](*,) Don't think so. Moyes must be tinkling himself laughing. So much for the North London Gangsters this time; we got well mugged in getting him off Evertons wage bill, and taking over his private medical bill. Sticking with Pav would have been preferable. We should have been capable of attracting better than Saha, as IS says, like Jelavic, and it is becoming a repetitive cycle, going on for a decade now...... back to Hoddles reign. I am really worried at this inability to get decent and relevant strikers, and even more at the circus that has been our striker dealings.

It is well known that we have a tight wages regime (partly from being a plc?), and many would applaud that in the current climate. Wish I was that 'poorly' paid, mind, ?ú60k a week must be so slumming it!:^) But they are not high enough to attract the second tier-best nowadays, let alone the finest. Adebayor on ?ú180k a week or something absurd with Emirates Marketing Project? Is he worth that superstar level of wages? Give over! I assume that I am not alone in thinking this. Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project do have a lot to answer for in how they have twisted the marketplace. The trouble is, will these wages suddely drop dramatically in the future? Will fuel prices suddenly half? Nope! Big stars like big money, and so do agents.

Spurs are never going to compete, at the moment, with ?ú200k a week wages for loads of players. But surely we can afford a couple of hot young superstars in the making, who have already shown they are the biz, like for example Eden Hazard who could be the new Maradona. That is the sort of marquee signing I mean, not Lionel Messi next week. It may be that we would have to pay maybe ?ú120-150k a week, but these sort of big names should surely be gettable in the summer window, and Spurs should be a big enough attraction. Not everyone can be at Emirates Marketing Project or Cheatski.

A couple of signings of this magnitude would be a huge boost to Spurs standing, but would this happen with Redknapp in charge? Doubt it. Would he be terrified of them failing and it reflecting on him. (Ironically, I think Saha is just as big a failing by him). But will he be here then anyway? Equally I don't think the restrictions of being a plc would allow it either. Plc's don't like big bills; they like big shareholders share dividends. Big wages eat into the latter, and plc chairmen have to act in the best interests of the shareholders (unless you are Robert Maxwell, of course).

I don't think we will really crack the CL until we have Mourhino or equivalent in charge, and a chairman with faith in him to shell out, and the ability to do so without restrictions. Within our means of course.

Been up from 2am. Can't fudging sleep for brick these day. Gonna head down stairs hoping for a press conference today.

Surely if Levy is as obsessed with the CL as he is rumoured to be, then he would have let Harry have the cash to strengthen our position even knowing that Harry was going? On the flipside, remember his quotes on how he would never let another Rebrov situation occur again...

Did Levy so blithely assume we were going to coast into the top 3 for the rest of the season? Maybe reasonable given our earlier season form, but this is Tottenham we are talking about, Kings of Chokedom.

Seems a curious shift in transfer policy when Levy's alleged remit to Comolli was to buy players whose value would increase rather than old fogies looking for one last payday.

Levy is no fool. Why hand 50-odd million to a man who will (most likely) be off in July when the targets that man has are mostly older players who's appeal is selective and resale value nil especially at the wages they would want? No, Levy quite reasonably expected Redknapp to deliver 3rd place this season in January; I did. He has the tools, he has the squad...in Levy's eyes, CL football AND 50 mill for the incoming manager? Mustard. How was he to know how miserably Harry would fudge things up?

Every single one of those are valid remarks, I wish for once he'd own up and take the fudging blame

Unfortunately he'll just put up his Wayne Rover window and drive away.

Back