• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
That is fudging outstanding.

Any wait for his chancer to fudge off to England and get ripped to pieces.

fudging joke dinosaur.

and when the next Christian Villas Ramos is mismanaging us to finishes around 13-16th what will you say then?

Silly me, you'll be blaming Redknapp, for something..........anything..............

If it had to be an ex-Spurs man the Hughton is doing as good a job as most

Otherwise AVB or Rodgers if we cant get someone who has won plenty before (eg Mourinho, Hiddink etc)

Just as Redknapp deserves criticism and scorn so will they.

You act like he isn't fudging off to the England job!!

since when?

I'd rather he didn't, I would rather he had done what you suggested - and stated plainly that he wasn't interested, as I doubt the club would have had this run of results.

But he hasn't, he said before Capello resigned that he saw the job as the pinnacle of any English managers career. I'd say that he has been totally honest and upfront from the outset.

In hindsight, it might have been better if he had gone immediately, given the slide in performance levels, but its only you gifted seers that knew that

You and the rest of the Harry bashers persue your agenda of hatred and persecution no matter what he does or says, and are irrational to deal with (why are you on a thread aimed at supporting him and yes, I know, even that was a lie as well) - despite the fact that overall, in his tenure he has proven you all wrong and hopelessly inadequate at predicting his worth to the club.

In short he has been the best manager we have had in decades, but your prejudice will never allow you to see that

You cant discount the arguement unfortuntely, that he is operating our best squad for more than 20 years. To compare his tenure to that of Hoddle, Gross or even Ramos is wide of the mark. THe tools Redknapp has at his disposal are not of comparable quality.

There is no hiding the fact that the team is less than the sum of its parts, and Harry's behaviour of the past months has had a massive destabilising effect on the squad. It's undeniable.

His performance was par for the course and is now verging on disaster. If you make short term purchases, you need to achieve your short term aims; if you dont your left with the shell of a squad without the required clout to patch it up. Which is where we will find ourselves this summer, imv.

Who should we hold responsible?

You cant discount the arguement unfortuntely, that he is operating our best squad for more than 20 years. To compare his tenure to that of Hoddle, Gross or even Ramos is wide of the mark. THe tools Redknapp has at his disposal are not of comparable quality.

There is no hiding the fact that the team is less than the sum of its parts, and Harry's behaviour of the past months has had a massive destabilising effect on the squad. It's undeniable.

His performance was par for the course and is now verging on disaster. If you make short term purchases, you need to achieve your short term aims; if you dont your left with the shell of a squad without the required clout to patch it up. Which is where we will find ourselves this summer, imv.

Exactly this armchair; the squad was incomparable to the squads that Jol and Hoddle had. If we were told two seasons ago that we would have VDV, Modric, Adebayor and a Potentially world class bale in our team 4th would have been the minimum that we would have been aiming for. We have a wealth of talent in our first team and there are no excuses for us underperforming.

Excellent post - very well summed up

There are no excuses left for this buffoon and the sooner he leaves the sooner we can begin the inevitable (and quite painful) transition.

We need someone to bring in a fresh outlook, discipline, a new tactical dynamic, advanced nutritional and fitness plans, and above all - implement a strong system of play.

The irony is - he'd leave us in the exact same position form/confidence-wise, and a hefty pension to pay for players who aren't good enough to start in Championship teams.

fudging joke of the PL

Last edited:

Our of interest, does this work both ways? If we DO qualify for the Champions League, which is an excellent achievement, does the same person being slated if we don't achieve it, also get the plaudits if we do?

The list of games since the collapse is quite interesting. He would have us all believe that Norwich was the only one we didn't play well in or the only one we weren't robbed in.

I went to every one of those games bar Everton and apart from that game I think we got exactly what we deserved. At Goodison we did absolutely batter Everton in the 2nd half only and could be seen as unfortunate to not get at least an equaliser.

Against Man Utd we never created anything of note at all to my mind, certainly not to warrant it being described as us battering them. We had alot of possession which they allowed us to have, Adebayor's disallowed goal aside, I don't recall us doing anything much to hurt them at all during the game so to my mind at best we deserved a point.

QPR was a joke, so narrow it was untrue on the smallest pitch in the league yet when both wingers were on neither of them were made to stay wide. Hardly created a bean here either.

Arsenal? We well and truly got what we deserved there and it could/should have been more.

Chelsea? Once the 3rd went in we just collapsed which is probably a symptom of the previous results/performances but again we didn't really deserve anything on our 90 minute showing.

I think though that maybe I was watching completely different games to Redknapp and Im also probably an idiot too going by his criteria to call someone that.

Hi (new here)

I'm no big Harry fan. But Harry really could not win once the 'Harry for England' campaign got up to full speed, which took all of 24 hours after Cappello resigned.
Once all the hoo-hah started Harry was out of his depth and might as well left then for all the good he's done since. But we need the dosh from the FA and this is now where we all find our selves. His fault, no, not really for me.

Levy is no fool. Why hand 50-odd million to a man who will (most likely) be off in July when the targets that man has are mostly older players who's appeal is selective and resale value nil especially at the wages they would want? No, Levy quite reasonably expected Redknapp to deliver 3rd place this season in January; I did. He has the tools, he has the squad...in Levy's eyes, CL football AND 50 mill for the incoming manager? Mustard. How was he to know how miserably Harry would fudge things up?

Redknapp would have wasted the 50 million on over aged; over the top players. With the squad we have and especially where we were in Jan we should have been safe. The reason we are not is down to Redknapp and his excuses will not cover that up.

Excellent post - very well summed up

There are no excuses left for this buffoon and the sooner he leaves the sooner we can begin the inevitable (and quite painful) transition.

We need someone to bring in a fresh outlook, discipline, a new tactical dynamic, advanced nutritional and fitness plans, and above all - implement a strong system of play.

The irony is - he'd leave us in the exact same position form/confidence-wise, and a hefty pension to pay for players who aren't good enough to start in Championship teams.

fudging joke of the PL

and you know this, how?

joke of a post, make believe land

if you are embarassed, don't support the club anymore, its not like the club needs you.

Redknapp would have wasted the 50 million on over aged; over the top players. With the squad we have and especially where we were in Jan we should have been safe. The reason we are not is down to Redknapp and his excuses will not cover that up.

So the way forward is:

1. Lose Redknapp, one way or another. Preferably with large compo, but how long will that take, if at all.

2. Hire The Right Man as manager. The most important cog in any football club 'machine' Him being experienced in the CL, experienced in the Premiership, experience of solidly competing and qualifying for the CL and competing in it, a good man manager and tactician, shrewd with it, a good communicator (no non-English speaking) and much experience with dealing with big bucks signings and big egos. All roads point to Mourhino. Levy needs to bust the bank, if necessary, to get this man. That is what we should initially splash the cash on.

3. Moyes? Rodgers? They don't tick many of those boxes.

4. Spend big on the right players. With Mourhino in charge, it would be the right time. Without that, he wouldn't join us anyway. With Mourhino in charge, we would dine at the top table for attracting the best players.

5. Buy before the deadline. It should be wrapped up before the start of the window.

If you want the best for Spurs, and I mean be the best, then anything less won't do it. We are kidding ourselves if we think otherwise. We have been fudging about with lesser staff for a very long time, and it gets us nowhere except the usual crash and burn, like now, and the laughing stock yet again. If CL qualification and solidly competing in it is the aim, you won't do it with Redknapp and Saha.

Last edited:
Back