• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
Voted no.

For the reason that personally I think to demand loyalty and assurances when none were forthcoming when the shoe was on the other foot is absolutely ridiculous. And also, if we are going to bring someone in like AVB or Martinez, we might as well do it now rather than hoping there is someone good to come aboard next summer if we aren't offering him the extension. If, for example, AVB was the preferred choice of Levy, there's no point waiting around if he was available.

But on the other hand, if they do want Harry to stay, they need to offer him a contract extension, because he is a good manager and any club works better with stability. The moral stance of not offering commitment when it wasn't forthcoming the other way isn't really a good business stance to take, so if he is to stay, he should be offered an extension. That is only if Levy thinks he is the man for us, and isn't going to look for any excuse to sack him a few months later. A contract heavily tailored towards performance based remuneration so we aren't buggered by compensation if he is to be sacked would be good. But the point is for me, if he is to stay, he needs to be backed.

Personally I'd like AVB or Martinez in.

I voted no. I like Harry and want him to stay but I also want to know how it goes this season

If he gets a new contract there should be a clause in it about the England job. Im not sure exactly what but something to stop a repeat of the mess caused by the England speculation this season.

Not really. 'No' means sack him, whilst the other two options are for those that want him to stay.

How the hell does no mean sacking him? No means let his contract run its course till end of next season and lets review it then.

Sack him means sacking him now.

He didn't comitt to us back in Feb so sure as hell we shouldn't be cuckolded now into a potentially 15m pay off

Yep, and am sure this (the pay off) will be exactly how Levy will be viewing it as well. Whether that means he goes or stays as a result i think if finely balanced. Priority is that we have a sensible (non-old fart) transfer policy

That may well be, but perhaps you should've read the opening post. @DHSF

I've voted leave it be. He shouldn't be rewarded for our collapse but there's not really anyone right now that I'd 100% want in the job.

How the hell does no mean sacking him? No means let his contract run its course till end of next season and lets review it then.

Sack him means sacking him now.

It's in the OP. No means sack, leave it be means let him run out his current deal.

It's in the OP. No means sack, leave it be means let him run out his current deal.

Im gonna take this up with the OP then because thats a ludicrous question and fairly silly. Not renewing his contract doesnt mean the sack - you (not YOU) cant just invent things to suit you (not YOU)

Im gonna take this up with the OP then because thats a ludicrous question and fairly silly. Not renewing his contract doesnt mean the sack - you (not YOU) cant just invent things to suit you (not YOU)

er what ? he gives you 3 options - Yes, renew - Leave it as is - No, sack/replace him

er what ? he gives you 3 options - Yes, renew - Leave it as is - No, sack/replace him

My bad - I realised that after I posted my response to Jordi - I apologise.

As far as im concerned though 'No' and 'Leave it be' are the same thing. Leave it be = run its course. No = run its course. Dont see to much of a difference, but I will play along.

The all new Redknapp thread

Having not had much time to read or post lately, I have just read back a few pages of the previous incarnation.

I really am lost for words.

I've moved it to the mods section in the hope we can pick through it and dish out suitable punishment to the obviously many rule breakers.

In the mean time, lets see who is the first to break a forum rule in this one, shall we?

Now.....off you go again.

Having not had much time to read or post lately, I have just read back a few pages of the previous incarnation.

I really am lost for words.

I've moved it to the mods section in the hope we can pick through it and dish out suitable punishment to the obviously many rule breakers.

In the mean time, lets see who is the first to break a forum rule in this one, shall we?

Now.....off you go again.

you?

Back