• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
Harry also said we could've had Rossi for ?ú18m. A few months later we were supposedly bidding ?ú30m-?ú35m for him.

Could that not also mean that we could have had him for 18m but it was Levy that dithered? The thing is Levy has history of this type of negotiation.

By the same token, Harry also has history of buying bad. So does Fergie. So does Wenger. So does Chelscum.

There is only one way to find out - that is if we do get in a new Manger - what happens in our transfer window.

No no no - how the fudge is that ina nutshell.

How many are thankful we didnt spend 25m on Suarez?

How about Forlan at high wages and at 32? - the same criticism is aimed at Harry for getting in LOANS on "high" wages and these are just loans. GHod forbid if he got in a 32 yr old on such high wages who failed.

Huntelaar? ill give you that one but what the fudge are we saying when we say Redknapp could have had huntelaar? Maybe harry did go for Huntelaar but Levy was the one who didnt make the deal?

We do not know what Harrys transfer targets were but what I can guarantee (a fudgein fair assumption) Saha was not on that list.

come on, Redknapp loves Crouch, made money off Crouch transfers in the past, he wanted Crouch at Spurs and forced Levy into buying him

and why wasnt Saha on his list? did you not hear Redknapp saying he listened to Rio Ferdinand about Saha

ÔÇ£I can remember speaking to Rio Ferdinand and he said Louis was the best forward heÔÇÖd ever played against.ÔÇØ

our chief scout Rio also recommended Adebayor......Redknapp again

ÔÇ£I spoke to Rio Ferdinand the other day and he said himself and Vidic thought Adebayor was the most difficult opponent they had played against.

ÔÇ£I said I might be taking Adebayor and he said he was always their toughest opponent, caused them more problems than anyone else.ÔÇØ

Redknapp has made a career out of buying past it strikers at the wrong end of their career.....Ian Wright, Paolo Futre and Davor Suker at West ham, Andy Cole, Kanu at Portsmouth

so in a nutshell, Redknapp has completely fcuked up 4 years and countless windows in trying to solve our striking problems

If you are right, then obviously Ramos

15-Mar-08 FA Prem 40,188 A Emirates Marketing Project L 1 - 2 Keane
18-Mar-08 FA Prem 36,178 H Chelsea D 4 - 4 Woodgate, Berbatov, Huddlestone, Keane
22-Mar-08 FA Prem 35,998 H Portsmouth W 2 - 0 Bent, O'Hara
30-Mar-08 FA Prem 36,067 H Saudi Sportswashing Machine L 1 - 4 Bent
05-Apr-08 FA Prem 24,592 A Blackburn Rovers D 1 - 1 Berbatov
12-Apr-08 FA Prem 36,092 H Middlesbrough D 1 - 1 Grounds (OG)
19-Apr-08 FA Prem 18,673 A Wigan Athletic D 1 - 1 Berbatov
26-Apr-08 FA Prem 36,176 H Bolton Wanderers D 1 - 1 Malbranque
03-May-08 FA Prem 24,125 A Reading W 1 - 0 Keane
11-May-08 FA Prem 36,063 H Liverpool L 0 - 2

16-Aug-08 FA Prem 32,623 A Middlesbrough L 1 - 2 Huth (OG)
23-Aug-08 FA Prem 36,064 H Sunderland L 1 - 2 Jenas
31-Aug-08 FA Prem 41,790 A Chelsea D 1 - 1 Bent
15-Sep-08 FA Prem 36,075 H Aston Villa L 1 - 2 Bent
21-Sep-08 FA Prem 35,808 H Wigan Athletic D 0 - 0
28-Sep-08 FA Prem 20,352 A Portsmouth L 0 - 2
05-Oct-08 FA Prem 36,062 H Hull City L 0 - 1
19-Oct-08 FA Prem 27,500 A Stoke City L 1 - 2 Bent

Shocking Shocking run.

15-Mar-08 FA Prem 40,188 A Emirates Marketing Project L 1 - 2 Keane
18-Mar-08 FA Prem 36,178 H Chelsea D 4 - 4 Woodgate, Berbatov, Huddlestone, Keane
22-Mar-08 FA Prem 35,998 H Portsmouth W 2 - 0 Bent, O'Hara
30-Mar-08 FA Prem 36,067 H Saudi Sportswashing Machine L 1 - 4 Bent
05-Apr-08 FA Prem 24,592 A Blackburn Rovers D 1 - 1 Berbatov
12-Apr-08 FA Prem 36,092 H Middlesbrough D 1 - 1 Grounds (OG)
19-Apr-08 FA Prem 18,673 A Wigan Athletic D 1 - 1 Berbatov
26-Apr-08 FA Prem 36,176 H Bolton Wanderers D 1 - 1 Malbranque
03-May-08 FA Prem 24,125 A Reading W 1 - 0 Keane
11-May-08 FA Prem 36,063 H Liverpool L 0 - 2

16-Aug-08 FA Prem 32,623 A Middlesbrough L 1 - 2 Huth (OG)
23-Aug-08 FA Prem 36,064 H Sunderland L 1 - 2 Jenas
31-Aug-08 FA Prem 41,790 A Chelsea D 1 - 1 Bent
15-Sep-08 FA Prem 36,075 H Aston Villa L 1 - 2 Bent
21-Sep-08 FA Prem 35,808 H Wigan Athletic D 0 - 0
28-Sep-08 FA Prem 20,352 A Portsmouth L 0 - 2
05-Oct-08 FA Prem 36,062 H Hull City L 0 - 1
19-Oct-08 FA Prem 27,500 A Stoke City L 1 - 2 Bent

Shocking Shocking run.

Although our spring games we're all dead rubbers, as after Jol's terrible start, Ramos had dragged us right back up the table, confortably clear of danger.

As I've said, it's also about the comparative teams - vdV vs Fraser Campbell etc.

Understandable hence why you cant have your cake and eat it. You cant blame Harry for not bringing in the quality of players if Levy is not buying the players Harry wants because "he is trying to get the best deal" This is a high risk high reards strategy and unfortunately we aint getting any rewards i.e. quality players. THATS WHY Harry is getting in Saha and Nielsen and a 40 yr old Friedel. This is why I cannot fathom why everyone is totally blaming Harry

I think the reason why Harry is getting the blame is because we were at one stage, not too long ago, absolutely nailed on to finish not just 4th but 3rd. With the same squad we have right at this moment. The question is, why has this form managed to carry on so far? And for the second season in a row when all we needed to do was to a degree maintain the momentum of the previous 5 months. I personally feel the players have heard all the soundbytes that Harry can ever produce and they have lost their impact. Nothing he can say or do now will inspire them and in so far as being our manager, he has run his course.

Now, that might seem a bit ott and I certainly didn't feel like that neccessarily before easter but the complete capitualtion at Wembley against one of our biggest rivals and the pathetic nature of our performance against Norwich demonstrate in my mind that he is unable to actually get the players going anymore. If you cannot raise your players to perform to an acceptable level in those 2 fixtures given the prize(s) on offer and the recent lengthy poor run we had been on to that point, then well I think really your time is up.

I also accept that Harry will have been working within tightish constraints but do you blame Levy? Unless it was to sign an absolute worldy who any incoming manager would want, why would you let him blow all our budget on people who potentially might be out the door 6 months later.

The final straw is the complete nonsense he spouted with regards Chelsea and the Champions League. Regardless of impact on us, why would you so blatantly advocate our bitter rivals, who have just served us up 1-5, winning the Champions League? It is just absolute clownlike behaviour. Thats before you get to the point of how it can impact us if we finished 4th. I did hear someone say maybe its family support for Lampard and all that..........what a load of gonads. Do you think Fat Frank would ever say in public he wanted us to win anything, even out of family loyalty? Not a chance.

That there should tell you all you need to know about our current situation and where Redknapp's priorities lie. He is coming out with the right soundbytes to distance himself from our collapse and subtley (to those that can't see through it) shift blame to elsewhere. He is also attempting to sound like a patriotic englander when he says its about time an English team win the Champions League. Coming more and more across like a right tool. His response to losing to QPR? We have 4 games that are winnable, no reason we can't win all 4. Sounds just like his soundbyte prior to yesterday where we had 5 winnable games with no reason why we can't win all 5.

In relation to the title, Levy will most definitely be noticing and will be serving Harry his P45 should England decide that he is not the preferred option because his position at the club to my mind is now untenable.

Last edited:
in the past, Levy has shelled out 11m for Berbatov, 16 mill for Bent, 14 mill for Pavlyuchenko, and the first two deals were done way before any transfer window was about to shut. Levy will pay big for strikers who are the right age, but he isnt going to break the bank for Redknapp style over the hill cnutish signings and maybe thats why Levy delays until the last minute before striking a deal for someone that Redknapp might want

All Redknapp wants is old experienced players. Why? because in his opinion older players have been there and done it and that makes Redknapp's job easier. He doesnt want to spend hours on the training pitch improving and bettering younger players. He wants ready made talents. Lazy fcuk!!

Ramos's was worse

Ramos lost the dressing room, had to go........Redknapp looks to have lost the faith of the players too.

Ramos's was worse

Ramos lost the dressing room, had to go........Redknapp looks to have lost the faith of the players too.

Exactly.

Which is why Inglethorpe, or even vdV and Gallas, need to take charge for the final 4 games. We're not going to get another point unless something changes.

Exactly.

Which is why Inglethorpe, or even vdV and Gallas, need to take charge for the final 4 games. We're not going to get another point unless something changes.

Almost agree, can see us getting a couple of draws, but certainly no more wins. Unfortunately I cant see Levy getting rid until the 14th May, so 6th place here we come.

GHod alone knows what this site would have looked like if it had been in existence the season we went down.

its all Harrys fault

I have to say that I'm more inclined to blame the players who failed to take advantage of their superiority over a pretty ordinary QPR team.

but then - you lot would simply transfer the blame to Harry, who at the beginning of the season was Mr Motivator, and now is simply the antichrist.

he's putting the same players and same teams on the pitch and they are playing in the same way.

yet its all Harry's fault?

Harry has shown far more loyalty to this club - than the club has shown to its previous bunch of managers going back to Venables in the late 80s, yet he is disloyal and will fudge off as soon as it suits him. He has no tactical nous, yet if we finish top 6 this season it will be the first time we have had 3 top six finishes since the early 60s. Hes the only manager in the modern era to get us CL football and we are still thought of as being one of the most entertaining football teams to watch in the EPL - isn't that the Tottenham way? Entertainers. Isn't it all we hung on to when we were consistent mid table gonads?

Knock yourselves out boys. Lash out and whine all you like. In 10 or 20 years time, you lot will probably be looking back on the Harry redknapp era as if it were a defining cornerstone of all that Spurs represent, in all likelihood.

until the next Christian Gross comes to take over the reins.

Nope. Harry is a brick cu*t

WE JUST NEED A BREAK - HARRY
Posted 22 April 00:09am

How did we all know we would just see this on the OS when we woke up this morning.

Try telling the players not to aim shots and headers straight at the goalie, might be a starting point. Granted we do get some unlucky breaks, but not every bloody match.
We got 2 lucky breaks v Norwich (turned down pen appeals) and still couldnt win

Ramos is a better manager than Redknapp - he was hindered by his poor English [ Harry's is only marginally better ]

Ramos has the better track record with other clubs.

Ramos won something, that is the key. The bad form he suffered at the end of that season, meant nothing as we were mid table.

It's about achieving your objectives. Harry did that coming 4th and getting us the the QF of the CL, but has failed more often.

Ramos had to go at the time, because we could not take the chance, but I liked the way he was unorthodox.

With this squad I think he would probably do better, don't forget Harry did not really pick things up until after the Jan window when he spent ?ú50m.

He started ok for the first 3 or so games, [ new managers boost , and a lot of luck ] , but we quickly fell back into danger.

I've not seen an implosion this bad in my 24 years watching Spurs.

Now Ramos' start to 08/09 was pretty dreadful, but to be fair we had sold all our forwards from underneath him.

Redknapp now has our best team since '87 (possibly '91), yet we're pushing Wolves hard for being the biggest pushovers in the league at the moment.

So whose failure is greatest?

yours - every time you post

you have nothing of value to offer, all you ever do is carp and moan
about players, mangers, directors

all you ever seem to want is what the club doesn't have

to me that suggests that you don't want anything to do with Tottenham Hotspur

which I think would be fine for us all

Back