• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Won't happen. It's from the Daily Star and that berk commentator running his mouth.

Same bloke who came out with "My dad told me a big good player is better than a small good player"

All of the above is fair point but in my view Levy is a money man and if the price is right he would sell. Spurs is a business. Football is a business sadly so until the window is shut I will never say never.

All of the above is fair point but in my view Levy is a money man and if the price is right he would sell. Spurs is a business. Football is a business sadly so until the window is shut I will never say never.

Levy has never pushed a player ... all he has done is ensure the club has received the maximum funds for players who already decided to leave.

Indeed.

And Levy, as an astute businessman, isn't interested in cashing in on player values for short term gain. His aim is to improve the club, on and off the pitch, and thereby to increase its value massively. He knows perfectly well that he can only do that if, as far as possible, the club keeps its best players.

Kane is on record numerous times this summer saying that he has no interest in leaving Spurs. He is a Spurs fan. He loves playing for the club and knows that he is loved in return. We are at a perfect level for him right now. And we can hopefully grow with him over the coming years.

If he does eventually outgrow us and wishes to move elsewhere, it is far more likely that he will move abroad than be allowed to join a Premier League rival.

I'm probably about to make myself very unpopular here but I don't believe all that crap for a second. He's an Arsenal fan who died his hair red and celebrated Arsenals title win at some parade. He's a nice lad but I think he plays up to this he's one of our own thing as he doesn't want to say he's a gooner. I know that when I was his age (I'm the same age as him actually) I never went about in an Arsenal shirt celebrating their title win. I would've been disowned!

What I do agree with is that he is happy here for the time being, realises that at this moment in time moving anywhere would be a poor choice and won't leave this summer. But unless we make some sort of remarkable improvement in the next 5 years the time will come when he knows he won't win anything or earn as much here and he won't think twice about letting Levy know it.

Can you give an example of where Levy has cashed in on a key player who did not want to leave?

Can you give an example of where Levy has cashed in on a key player who did not want to leave?
I've said that it's an opinion that if the price was right I believe he would sell. Not arguing your points I've simply said what I feel. 48 m for a young striker who's only had 1 good season would be hard not to think about by any chairman.

I'm probably about to make myself very unpopular here but I don't believe all that crap for a second. He's an Ar5ena1 fan who died his hair red and celebrated Arsenals title win at some parade. He's a nice lad but I think he plays up to this he's one of our own thing as he doesn't want to say he's a gooner. I know that when I was his age (I'm the same age as him actually) I never went about in an Ar5ena1 shirt celebrating their title win. I would've been disowned!

What I do agree with is that he is happy here for the time being, realises that at this moment in time moving anywhere would be a poor choice and won't leave this summer. But unless we make some sort of remarkable improvement in the next 5 years the time will come when he knows he won't win anything or earn as much here and he won't think twice about letting Levy know it.

He went to one of their parades because he played for their Under 9 team at the time. Many, if not most, kids at that age don't get the whole rivalry thing. I remember cheering Arsenal to some trophy or other when I was young. Didn't make me any less a Spurs fan. It was only years later that I fully grasped the concept of the North London derby. So I wouldn't read anything into it.

Of course that doesn't mean that he won't eventually outgrow us and wish to leave. But, right now, there is no place he'd rather be. Rightly so.

I've said that it's an opinion that if the price was right I believe he would sell. Not arguing your points I've simply said what I feel. 48 m for a young striker who's only had 1 good season would be hard not to think about by any chairman.

He's been running the club long enough that, if it was a possibility, I would have thought that you could give an example of him doing something similar before.

Once again, Levy isn't interested in cashing in for short term gain. He is all about the long term goal of improving the club on and off the pitch and thereby increasing its value. He will only sell our best players if he feels he has no other choice.

Not least because he already knows from bitter experience that even selling a player for a vastly inflated sum does not necessarily pay off..............think Elvis and Beatles.

It's just the usual brick from some clam commentator who follows Man UTD. Those clams are all obsessed to an extent where they don't understand that not everyone wants to play for them.

He's been running the club long enough that, if it was a possibility, I would have thought that you could give an example of him doing something similar before.

It's an opinion and Carrick never forced a move if I remember correct

It's an opinion and Carrick never forced a move if I remember correct
He didn't act like a taco in the media, but it was clear he wouldn't sign a new contract.

Levy had been burnt by Campbell and Carrick was the first one since then to want out.

He didn't act like a **** in the media, but it was clear he wouldn't sign a new contract.

Levy had been burnt by Campbell and Carrick was the first one since then to want out.

Indeed. Only had two years remaining on his contract. Made it abundantly clear that he wanted to join Man Utd (hardly surprising back then) and was adamant that he would not sign a new contract.

The fallacy in your reasoning is that Levy has never sold a key player who wanted to stay at Spurs.

Carrick, Berbatov, Keane, Modric and Bale all have something in common, Levy wanted to keep them but they wanted to leave for CL football. Kane has intimated on a number of occasions that we are a big club and he is happy here. So for now anyway, I see no scenario whereby Levy sells Kane. To think otherwise is just ridiculous as far as I am concerned

The fallacy in your reasoning is that Levy has never sold a key player who wanted to stay at Spurs.

Carrick, Berbatov, Keane, Modric and Bale all have something in common, Levy wanted to keep them but they wanted to leave for CL football. Kane has intimated on a number of occasions that we are a big club and he is happy here. So for now anyway, I see no scenario whereby Levy sells Kane. To think otherwise is just ridiculous as far as I am concerned

Wanted to stay or not plenty of key players have been sold.
And It's my opioin that
If a serious bid came in of 40 m I feel Levy would consider it. Never said he'd 100% sell him. apologies if that's ridiculous to you but until the window is shut who's to say a big bid would not test the resolve of the club.

Wanted to stay or not plenty of key players have been sold.
And It's my opioin that
If a serious bid came in of 40 m I feel Levy would consider it. Never said he'd 100% sell him. apologies if that's ridiculous to you but until the window is shut who's to say a big bid would not test the resolve of the club.

Plenty?

Four key players have been sold.

In fourteen years.

All of them after having acted up over an extended period.

And, once again, I repeat that Levy is not in the business of seeking short term gain by selling the club's most valuable players. He wants to grow the club (and thereby its value) and he can only do that if the club holds on to its best players if at all possible. So....no.....Levy would not be tempted by a £40m bid for Kane. It would be entirely counterproductive to his aim.

Plenty?

Four key players have been sold.

In fourteen years.

All of them after having acted up over an extended period.

And, once again, I repeat that Levy is not in the business of seeking short term gain by selling the club's most valuable players. He wants to grow the club (and thereby its value) and he can only do that if the club holds on to its best players if at all possible. So....no.....Levy would not be tempted by a £40m bid for Kane. It would be entirely counterproductive to his aim.

It's all a matter of opinion I say I think he'd be tempted you say no he would not could go round in circles all night.

It's all a matter of opinion I say I think he'd be tempted you say no he would not could go round in circles all night.

It's my opinion that Levy will perform the complete works of Lady Gaga on the pitch before the first game of the season. It doesn't mean that it is right though and I would not expect to be able to convince others that my opinion is right unless I could point to similar behaviour before.

Back