• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Greg Stobart - Inside Tottenham's transfer window

If well beck turns out any better than remy then I will be surprised. 6 month ago no one was was that bothered with him. He signs for them and suddenly he's a star in the making!

Gutter boy makes a lot of good points. After city and Chelsea it's anybody's for the next 5 places. The best drilled team with a bit of determination and belief has a very good chance if either top four or trophy.
Sc25 is also right. This has been a crazy season for changes if opinion one week to the next. Look at Man U, after Leicester it was said they would be lucky to make top six. Two or three unconvincing games later they are nailed on for top three!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Prolly should cool our jets on Kane. A few weeks ago I heard he wouldn't make a Championship player, let alone much else. Ah, but as they say. a couple weeks is a long time in footy. Ask Rose.

For me the big change with Kane was that he suddenly bulked out a lot. Being weak and slow I saw no chance for him. But being strong alongside his brain and technique made me see a potential Sheringham/Berbatov/Lambert

For me the big change with Kane was that he suddenly bulked out a lot. Being weak and slow I saw no chance for him. But being strong alongside his brain and technique made me see a potential Sheringham/Berbatov/Lambert

I think those of us who watched some of the youth football at Spurs were always convinced that Kane would become a very good player. I think I stated on here that Kane had a touch of the Teddy Sherringham's about him back when he was only 17. I could see from the positions he took up, his vision, his ball control and his confidence that he would become a good player. My worry was always that he wouldn't be afforded the opportunities to realise his potential at Spurs or perhaps that he wouldn't receive the patience from the fans if he played games for the first team while developing.

IMO THFC are handling Kane perfectly at the moment. He is getting games for us in the Europa league and not yet really being exposed to starting in the higher pressure games in the PL. As the season goes on and he continues to develop I am sure we'll see more of him in PL games, but we do have to ensure that we remain patient with him as it is often the case that young players who aren't blessed with real pace and power in their game take a little longer to develop and reach their peak.

I think those of us who watched some of the youth football at Spurs were always convinced that Kane would become a very good player. I think I stated on here that Kane had a touch of the Teddy Sherringham's about him back when he was only 17. I could see from the positions he took up, his vision, his ball control and his confidence that he would become a good player. My worry was always that he wouldn't be afforded the opportunities to realise his potential at Spurs or perhaps that he wouldn't receive the patience from the fans if he played games for the first team while developing.

IMO THFC are handling Kane perfectly at the moment. He is getting games for us in the Europa league and not yet really being exposed to starting in the higher pressure games in the PL. As the season goes on and he continues to develop I am sure we'll see more of him in PL games, but we do have to ensure that we remain patient with him as it is often the case that young players who aren't blessed with real pace and power in their game take a little longer to develop and reach their peak.

I think there's one or two on here that still insist he's never going to make it.

I agree

@gstobart: Spurs have spent a couple of years hoarding 6/10 players so no surprise they've ended up with a 6/10 (generous?) squad. Terrible signings.

[tweet]526397736791588865[/tweet]

@gstobart: Spurs have spent a couple of years hoarding 6/10 players so no surprise they've ended up with a 6/10 (generous?) squad. Terrible signings.

[tweet]526397736791588865[/tweet]

It doesn't matter if they're 2 out of 10 or 10 out of ten. We have spent the last few years hoarding players our managers don't want, while cheerfully letting go of the ones that they do want to keep a hold of. That's what is now f*cking us up, not the ability of our players on an arbitrary one to ten scale (Although I would agree on that point: our squad is the definition of upper mid-table at best.

It doesn't matter if they're 2 out of 10 or 10 out of ten. We have spent the last few years hoarding players our managers don't want, while cheerfully letting go of the ones that they do want to keep a hold of. That's what is now f*cking us up, not the ability of our players on an arbitrary one to ten scale (Although I would agree on that point: our squad is the definition of upper mid-table at best.

I find yourself agreeing with you so much these days on football matters, for me the average players is not the problem if we were saving the money for the stadium I could understand. The problem is the amount we spent on the average players and for that I blame Levy and what ever patsy he puts into the Director of football position.

I find yourself agreeing with you so much these days on football matters, for me the average players is not the problem if we were saving the money for the stadium I could understand. The problem is the amount we spent on the average players and for that I blame Levy and what ever patsy he puts into the Director of football position.

:ledley:

Back