• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Take our squad at the end of last season, minus Bale.

Option A: Add Bale to that squad and starting 11.

Option B: Add Willian, Lamela, Soldado and Capoue to that squad and starting 11.

Is it really that inconceivable that option B might be stronger than option A?

Even if you don't think there's a chance the starting 11 would be stronger, remember that we would also benefit from being less dependent on one single player and thus reduce the impact of injuries, drops in form and fatigue over the season.

This was a point I made the other day and the most salient of the whole situation imo.

Tonight/ Tomorrow?

Could everything happen before the weekend?

i dont think we will conclude both the Willian and Lamela transfers before next Mon going by how long it takes for us to conclude transfers. Jeez we havent even had Lamela over for the all famous Tottenham medical yet.....my opinion, take it or leave it;)

Take our squad at the end of last season, minus Bale.

Option A: Add Bale to that squad and starting 11.

Option B: Add Willian, Lamela, Soldado and Capoue to that squad and starting 11.

Is it really that inconceivable that option B might be stronger than option A?

Even if you don't think there's a chance the starting 11 would be stronger, remember that we would also benefit from being less dependent on one single player and thus reduce the impact of injuries, drops in form and fatigue over the season.

Don't forget Chadli and Small Paul

There all waiting for the BIG GG 500 rollover............(complete with 1.25million views :eek:......no wonder the country is in the sh*t)

Hard to know what to believe right now. I think the deal now hangs on Madrid being able to prove they have the money. This might mean Arsenal strengthening with the signing of Benzema would have a direct link to our best player leaving.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23795802

Gareth Bale: Real Madrid and Spurs talks at advanced stage

By Ben Smith and David Ornstein BBC Sport

Tottenham and Real Madrid are in advanced talks over a deal that could see Gareth Bale become the world's most expensive player.

Looks like it's happening.

What does that mean exactly? The rhetoric used in these instances is nonsense. Advanced talks are still just talks. Unless someone in the conversation is writing for BBC on a laptop under the table, I'm pretty sure they don't know neither the level nor the topic of the conversation

There all waiting for the BIG GG 500 rollover............(complete with 1.25million views :eek:......no wonder the country is in the sh*t)

Levy said to Madrid you give us 100€ for every view the Bale thread gets on GG until September 2nd and somewhere in a cupboard in old spurs lodge he had Freund tucked away clicking clear cookies refresh clear cookies refresh....

One question to everyone thinks Bale is staying:

How do you think we can afford to buy all of these players if Bale is staying?

I want the guy to stay as much as anyone but he doesn't want to play for us anymore I'm afraid. Do you not think all the players combined that we signed can match Bale's output from last season?

Last edited:

I couldn't help think of what Bale's price will be when reading the following on the Willian thread:

Willian’s arrival takes Tottenham’s spending this summer to £88.8m

Real have offered £86 and Levy wants just a bit more. The similarity in the numbers makes me think the the deal is done and that any remaining discussions are essentially dotting the i's.

Back