• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

I find it amazing how anyone can convince themselves not just that we wouldn't miss Bale but that we'll actually be better off without him. Unbelievable.

I find it amazing how anyone can convince themselves not just that we wouldn't miss Bale but that we'll actually be better off without him. Unbelievable.

This. While our summer business means the blow of losing Bale will be substantially softened - if it does happen - there's no way a team in our position would be better off without one of the world's best players. We'll be fine. But we'll miss him. Like when we lost Modric.

Take our squad at the end of last season, minus Bale.

Option A: Add Bale to that squad and starting 11.

Option B: Add Willian, Lamela, Soldado and Capoue to that squad and starting 11.

Is it really that inconceivable that option B might be stronger than option A?

Even if you don't think there's a chance the starting 11 would be stronger, remember that we would also benefit from being less dependent on one single player and thus reduce the impact of injuries, drops in form and fatigue over the season.

This. While our summer business means the blow of losing Bale will be substantially softened - if it does happen - there's no way a team in our position would be better off without one of the world's best players. We'll be fine. But we'll miss him. Like when we lost Modric.

This. I don't think for a second that we will be better off without Bale. We are in a better position this season than last, regardless of if he goes or not, but his departure would cause a massive psychological loss for us. The fans, his team mates, everyone will feel it. We have a player that other teams genuinely fear playing against, and to lose him would be damaging to the team

I might be wrong (I often am), but my take on this is quite different.

When we lost Modric we effectively replaced him in our starting line-up with Dembele. Now, I rate Dembele highly, but he's a pretty clear step down in quality from Modric.

If reports are to be believed and the deals are completed we could see us effectively replacing Bale with Willian, Lamela and Soldado. Once again, I rate Dembele, but as far as I can understand Soldado, Willian and Lamela are at a different level to our beloved Belgian.

Option B: Add Willian, Lamela, Soldado and Capoue to that squad and starting 11.

Even if you don't think there's a chance the starting 11 would be stronger, remember that we would also benefit from being less dependent on one single player and thus reduce the impact of injuries, drops in form and fatigue over the season.

This.

People need to see the bigger picture

But is there not an option C?

Keep Bale in our already improved squad

I added players that reportedly will end up costing us a similar amount to what Bale is reported to bring in.

Both squads should have course then be strengthened over and above that.

So Madrid want bale, and are trying to offload Benzema and Di Maria to Arsenal to raise funds?

Surely if thats the case we`re in for both of them aswell...

Not that they are good, both are not good enough for us. Benzema hasnt scored a goal in 15 games for France. So overated.

As for Di Maria, hes alright. Id rather Lamela.

its simply called putting on a brave face

as fans we would love it if Bale was as excited by us by all the new signings and ambition shown by the club. However it seems he couldnt care less and wants to move to Real no matter what.

so we just have to be positive and hope we are better as a result of the changes and potential new signings. What do you want to do, cry that he is leaving and we are going to suffer?? your choice

So Madrid want bale, and are trying to offload Benzema and Di Maria to Arsenal to raise funds?

Surely if thats the case we`re in for both of them aswell...

Not that they are good, both are not good enough for us. Benzema hasnt scored a goal in 15 games for France. So overated.

As for Di Maria, hes alright. Id rather Lamela.

both want CL football i assume. Also Benz is on 140k a week at Real. Rules us out i imagine

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC 6m
Franco Baldini back at Tottenham's training ground, having been in Madrid yesterday. Told trip had 'nothing to do' with Bale ...

Must be in madrid to look at their scouting database since we have a partnership and all...

I really haven't seen anything in these latest rumours that bale is going. It all started because NBC said they had been informed to pull marketing material with bale on. Maybe he's injured for longer than originally thought and having the poster boy of your marketing campaign not playing would not exactly be good.

the club aren't going to constantly rubbish the rumours either as I'm sure we have a stats man somewhere working out how much exposure our brand and also our commercial partners are getting from this free publicity.

Must be in madrid to look at their scouting database since we have a partnership and all...

I really haven't seen anything in these latest rumours that bale is going. It all started because NBC said they had been informed to pull marketing material with bale on. Maybe he's injured for longer than originally thought and having the poster boy of your marketing campaign not playing would not exactly be good.

the club aren't going to constantly rubbish the rumours either as I'm sure we have a stats man somewhere working out how much exposure our brand and also our commercial partners are getting from this free publicity.

As I pointed out on the previous page, most of the recent speculation is fueled by Italian journalist Gianluca Di Marzio's comments.

This.

BTW it has been reported that Bale has bought a holiday home in Marbella and shops in Gib are already selling Bale 11 shirts in Real Madrid's colours!

Back