• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Great shot of Gareth Bale before last night's match...

A4380_zps46b6168c.jpg

I would agree, the 80m is a bit of a false price in my mind. Ronaldo had to perform brilliantly for multiple seasons to gain that kind of price tag, Bale has only done it once.

I think it comes down to basic economics. Clubs are desperate to have him, the demand is there. I think we are happy to push a club like real's limits with regard to an asset which is one of the if not the most sought after in world football right now.

And even if Real decided against splashing 80mil, one of the sugar daddies would happily deal at that price Im sure....

It's not about them, it's about us.
The club genuinely feel we can do something this season.
It's why Bale is here.
Sometimes money is just money...

Manchester United launch £60m Gareth Bale transfer raid on Tottenham

Champions looking to make transfer-market splash that would overshadow the negative publicity of Rooney's looming sale

Premier League champions United want Tottenham star Bale to be the first major signing of new manager David Moyes' reign.

The move for the Welshman is thought to be one of the reasons why United's vice chairman Ed Woodward is returning early from their pre-season tour of the Far East and Australia.

Spurs are desperate not to lose Bale, last year’s Footballer of the Year, and have so far resisted United’s approach.

But the Old Trafford giants are keen to put the damaging publicity surrounding the future of Wayne Rooney behind them.

They know that buying Bale - who has been linked with Real Madrid throughout the off-season - would give Moyes, his players and the United supporters a huge boost.

And his arrival, as well as continued interest in Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas and at least one other high-profile signing, would soften the blow of Rooney's expected move to Chelsea.

United have been quiet in the transfer market so far this summer, but sources close to the club say that is about to change.

There is also continuing speculation about a mega-bid to bring former favourite Cristiano Ronaldo back to Old Trafford from Real Madrid.

But the attempt to prise Bale away from Tottenham is top of the agenda, and United are prepared to smash their £30.8m transfer record to get him.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is famous for driving a hard bargain and his brinkmanship, but United are keen to seal a deal to prise Bale out of the White Hart Lane club before the start of the season on August 17.

They are aware that neighbours Emirates Marketing Project have already bolstered their squad with the signings of midfielders Fernandinho and Jesus Navas and are close to recruiting forwards Stevan Jovetic and Alvaro Negredo.

And United are desperate to ensure that they give Moyes complete backing as he attempts to carry on the phenomenal success his predecessor Sir Alex Ferguson delivered.

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...nsfer-manchester-united-2060737#ixzz2ZLLs3VQY

£60m :ross::ross::ross:

Seems like Utd have lost the plot this summer. Thiago turns them down, Roo wants out, leaked bids for players they have no chance in hell of signing. Under Fergie they'd usually have most of their shopping done by now.

Despite having won Premier League player of the year two times now.
I still don't think he's had a really good season for us.
Or should I say a full season.
People saying he might not score as many this season,
I reckon this is the season he'll score the most in his Spurs career,
back him to keep his form up and score close to 1-1 the entire season.
Bale's in for a 30-40 goal season which will prove once and for all that he's pushing the big two.

:ross::ross: :ross:

if we don't get a striker I'd be happy to let Bale play up there with Dembele Dempsey Lennon supporting and Sandro and Paulinho in control.

I wish someone, a former player or manager, will come and point out that Moyes has not won any trophy yet and it took Ferguson 4 years to win his first trophy under ManU. So, ManU under Moyes cannot expect to attract top players until he win his first trophy for them.

Oliver Holt, last time he was making up stories about racism at England matches. Should have been fired for that

£60m wouldn't buy an English club Bales right peg, absolute dogbrick journalism.

This is Man Utd trying to sweep up the Rooney affair with BS stuff to keep the fans sweet.

Bale is not leaving this summer. However he might be tempted if Utd push hard. Levy will resist all offers though

Bale is not leaving this summer. However he might be tempted if Utd push hard. Levy will resist all offers though

As big a club as Man Utd are, as tempting they must be to a pro footballer who wants to win it all, if it was SAF still in the dressing room I would be a little worried, Moyes? not at all.

Especially when you see that Bale and AVB are BFF's.

Back