• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Franco Baldini

http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/showthread.php/5323-OMT-Tottenham-Hotspur-Vs-Man-City

You yourself said you wanted Lamela to start (granted in a different position). Team lineups announced at around page 13. I said it was a good side. Still maintain it was, we just got off to a horrible start and it was downhill from there

This is what i said:

-------------------------Llloris--------------------------

Walker------------Dawson------Chiriches---------Vertonghen

---------------------Sandro----Dembele-------------------

---Townsend-------------Lamela------------------Siggy----

-------------------------Soldado--------------------------

Will AVB play that team? not a chance in hell. Paulinho will start, Holtby will play in the hole, Lennon probably for Siggy and the big surprise (if there is one)....................DEFOE STARTS

Of course i wanted Lamela to start, i've wanted him to get games for a long time BUT not on the left.

another great appointment from Levy:rolleyes:

seriously, over 100 million spent and wtf is there to show for it.............

If we were to list out the summer signings, does anyone think they can identify who wanted who?

For instance most are certain Lamela is Baldinis choice

On the face of it, a bit of a random shopping spree. But Erikson has great potential, seems money well spent. We will recoup the Holtby money, ditto Chadli & Capoue.
Lamela is a question mark, as is Soldado. For all we know, both may play well next season.
The bizarre thing is that normally Levy is so so tight, won't budge on his valuation by a halfpenny, yet there we were, chucking money around as if there was no tomorrow.

If we were to list out the summer signings, does anyone think they can identify who wanted who?

For instance most are certain Lamela is Baldinis choice

I think some were Baldini's suggestions, as some were AVB's and some Sherwood and possibly others like Pleat or Rosenthal. I'd be very surprised if anyone was signed at one person's insistence without someone else agreeing.

And Baldini was the only one that had any say in our summer business?

i thought his biggest asset was all the great players he has brought to previous clubs..........Gutter is always listing a glittering whos who of footballing talent.

I think some were Baldini's suggestions, as some were AVB's and some Sherwood and possibly others like Pleat or Rosenthal. I'd be very surprised if anyone was signed at one person's insistence without someone else agreeing.

you forgot to mention Commoli in the spreading of blame

i thought his biggest asset was all the great players he has brought to previous clubs..........Gutter is always listing a glittering whos who of footballing talent.

From what I've seen so far he's great at schmoozing, convincing players to join, dealing with other DoFs, agents and chairmen. His talent spotting ability could possibly be somewhat exaggerated by GB.

I'd imagine that our summer spending had to change tracks once it became clear that Bale was off and also when we got gazumped by Chelsea for Willian.

Also what people are forgetting is some of them prices may not be accurate. Some may be no where near and others may have ridiculous clauses like 50 international goals etc. You see it plenty of times when a player is said to have been purchased for x amount and it ends up with them costing less.

I'm pretty sure we can get 80m back on them players if we wanted to sell.

We can probably make a profit on several of them. We've paid anywhere between £13-26 million for Soldado. Only one to have lost any value is Lamela, but he only needs a run of form to get it back. Might not happen this season though.

I'm not too sure what we payed exactly for Chadli but we should be able to get a similar fee back. I was reasonably pleased we signed him but although he hasn't had much playing time, when he has, I have been very disappointed. If that was solely a Baldini target then it is a massive mark against his judgement.

We can probably make a profit on several of them. We've paid anywhere between £13-26 million for Soldado. Only one to have lost any value is Lamela, but he only needs a run of form to get it back. Might not happen this season though.

I wouldn't pay a fiver for Soldado on his current form... I hope the Spanish clubs don't pay too much attention to the Premier league.

Eriksen's a great signing, it was obvious to anyone who knew football, not sure why it took us so long to get him - everything I've read seems to suggest that it was Tim who pushed for him, if that was the case then well done Timmy. Chiriches seems to be marmite on here, personally I love him, I think he might've been a Baldini signing as he was previously linked with Roma. Lamela again was obviously Baldini, personally I hadn't seen much of him but I knew how highly he was rated, I'd never considered him as a possibility so to get him was a bit of a coup. I think those three along with a couple of quality PL experienced players - Cabaye and Benteke for example would've been a good summer, the other four we actually did sign I never wanted, the only one I'm perhaps warming to is Paulinho but I still see a lot of flaws to his game, I'm hopeful that in time he can become a good player for us but I don't envisage him ever becoming "bigger" than us so to speak.

Back