• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Former Player Appreciation Thread

Awesome article by Jonathan Liew. Perceptive, articulate writer. And he's bang on about how these two players are winding down their careers.

One is going out ennobled by his humble stance. The other is a self-obsessed showpony who's become a parody of himself.

I know which one I'm glad to have seen with Spurs.

I loved him unconditionally. Thought he was going to be a consistent world class player, and I believe if Poch had remained our manager he'd have found a way through what took him down. I cherish the many memories I have of him in our shiort and really hoope he gets one more crack at it all...

Even in his prime I though one of the things with Dele was the game was (at times) too easy for him (weird thing to say at this level)

I don't think Poch could have helped (not a reflection on Poch in anyway), Dele (lot more complicated obviously) & Eriksen to me fell out of love with the game, players who rely on the brilliance/moments seem to need to love it more, Eriksen had a moment back after his heart issues where he found it for just a little bit, but has lost it again.

Unfortunately outside of some life changing event or major personal change, don't think we will ever see that Dele again.

Even in his prime I though one of the things with Dele was the game was (at times) too easy for him (weird thing to say at this level)

I don't think Poch could have helped (not a reflection on Poch in anyway), Dele (lot more complicated obviously) & Eriksen to me fell out of love with the game, players who rely on the brilliance/moments seem to need to love it more, Eriksen had a moment back after his heart issues where he found it for just a little bit, but has lost it again.

Unfortunately outside of some life changing event or major personal change, don't think we will ever see that Dele again.

I remember you saying that, and hindsight certainly tells me you were right/more measured in your appraisals whereas I was blinded by the light and lustre of what I was seeing (hopeless romantic hahahaha)...I wholly agree with Eriksen, it was strange back then, and yes, I think now he is just playing...and yes (again!) I agree that Dele has 'been' and the best we can hope for is that he enjoys a restart to his career and finds some traction simply being a good player. It all adds up to something I have forever felt and known, which is performance and talent are only as good as the emotions which drive/regulate them, and how important the psychological aspect of the game is...

Just scored in the 100th game, 67 goals ..
Make that 68. With Kane stating he wants to keep playing until his late 30s, and still performing at such a high level, it will take an exeptional talent to match his England goal tally. He will likely end up the most capped England player too. I won’t be surprised if he gets closer to 100 England goals.

Make that 68. With Kane stating he wants to keep playing until his late 30s, and still performing at such a high level, it will take an exeptional talent to match his England goal tally. He will likely end up the most capped England player too. I won’t be surprised if he gets closer to 100 England goals.

he might be the first ever player to retire from club football to focus on his international career :D

Back