• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Football Trivia Question of the Day

Yes, England beat Spain 4-2 on penalties during the 1996 UEFA European Championships, 22nd June 1996 at Wembley.

European Football Championships Match Details 1960-2012

Wednesday 27th June 2012:

Where will the 2020 UEFA European Football Championship Finals (Euros) take place?

Istanbul - although that is open to debate as Turkey have also bid for the 2020 Olympics. Should they be successful then they have intimated that they will forfeit the right to host the Euros with the rumour being England will be asked to take over the hosting of the tournament at short notice with zero infrastructure preparation required.

Hasn't been decided yet, has it?

You might be right there actually although if it hasn't been decided then I am pretty sure Istanbul is the only place in the running for it. I think Spain were interested but with their financial situation I doubt they would be able to commit.

it'll be either Turkey, Republic of Ireland + Scotland + Wales or Georgia + Azerbaijan. if i remember correctly.

it'll be either Turkey, Republic of Ireland + Scotland + Wales or Georgia + Azerbaijan. if i remember correctly.

Yes, three bids are still being considered: Turkey, a joint Republic of Ireland, Scotland & Wales bid and a joint Georgia & Azerbaijan bid. The hosts will be announced in late 2013 or early 2014.

France has been awarded the Euro 2016 Finals, when 24 countries will compete for the first time.

Thursday 28th June 2012:

Which current League clubs have never played in the third or fourth flights of English Football?

Didn't they play Thailand when Monkey-face Reid was in charge?

Japan, South Korea, Thailand, Indonesia, China, Saudi Arabia & North Korea

Japan and South Korea surely.

I think the Arab countries compete in Asia (I'm pretty sure Iraq do but I don't know if we have played them), so Saudi Arabia perhaps.

Sunday 1st July 2012:

Who was the only player to be sent-off in the Final match of a European Football Championship tournament?

Weirdly enough this came up in a pub quiz a few nights ago. I didn't know the answer at the time (but obviously do now). It was Yvon Le Roux, playing for France in the 1984 final against Spain (France won 2-0).

Back