• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Football Trivia Question of the Day

Are you sure about that, pretty sure Rattin got sent off for Argies v England in '66.

EDIT: my bad the question says "RED CARD" not "sent off".

The first player to be sent off at a World Cup was Peru's Mario de Las Casas against Romania in 1930, but the yellow and red cards were introduced at the WC in 1970.

I think THFC6061 posts these questions all over the place so expecting him to give feedback on every answer is a stretch TBF.

Not every answer no. However if you look back a few pages you can see a few people have asked questions back with their answers. Like Greaves for West Ham, Chelsea and Spurs? - No, he didn't do it for West Ham.

Are we including Scotland '86 does that count? How do you define a winning goal? i.e. Just clarifying the question in this case.

A lot of questions are straightforward so don't need replies, just the ones that do.

Anyway, that's my take on it - at the end of the day it's his quiz and it's helping his site get hits which I'm sure is a key aim here. I'm just putting a suggestion forward, if I want it to happen I should look at doing my own quiz at the end of the day!

the question doesnt say in the world cup - just who was first to be sent off (with a red card), or did I miss something?

Last edited:
Red cards were introduced at the 1970 WC, but were not made mandatory at all levels until 1982.

Red cards were introduced at the 1970 WC, but were not made mandatory at all levels until 1982.

Yes, red (and yellow) cards were introduced for the 1970 Mexico World Cup Finals, but no-one was sent off during the tournament.

Carlos Caszely of Chile was the first player to receive a red card against West Germany on 14th June 1974 during the World Cup Finals.

FIFA World Cup Finals 1974 West Germany

Wednesday 14th March 2012:

Which two Queens Park Rangers players were the UEFA Cup highest goalscorers for the season?

Going back a couple of days, Mario Gomez last night scored his third CL hat trick. 3 Nov 2010 vs Cluj, 2 Nov 2011 vs Napoli and 13 Mar 2012 vs Basel.

Back