• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fixture & Ticket News 2024/25

In seasons past they'd have to ban everyone. But like you say, they want you to pay a fortune for a ticket, and then tell you what you can or can't do. Fair enough, provide incentives to turn up, put punishment? That takes the tinkle.
I think in reality if you ve paid the full fee upfront for your seat for the whole season, you should be able to do what the fudge you like with it.

I do think that reads though that attending or making it available on the exchange counts as co-operating. And from the clubs pov, if there is demand for tickets it gives an opportunity for a member etc to attend. This helps fan engagement, and of course someone at the ground spending money. Plus I think there are fees within the exchange process that the club takes. (Although tickets are face value)

I wonder if they've have given fair warning before striking people off?

We have introduced the same policy for the coming season - you have to use your seat for at least 15 games. ‘Use’ includes posting your seat on the Exchange or passing on via the official Sharing route. I understand it seems unfair if you buy your ST and just choose to not go and leave your seat empty. But I assume the aim is to crack down on the touts and those who resell on non official platforms, which is fine by me.

We have introduced the same policy for the coming season - you have to use your seat for at least 15 games. ‘Use’ includes posting your seat on the Exchange or passing on via the official Sharing route. I understand it seems unfair if you buy your ST and just choose to not go and leave your seat empty. But I assume the aim is to crack down on the touts and those who resell on non official platforms, which is fine by me.

Let’s see if they put the same effort into stopping people hoarding away tickets and selling them on to their mates so they keep accumulating more loyalty points so no one can catch them. Even if we had a ballot system where just 5-10% were allocated on a lottery system that would be good.

The article I read didn't state it clearly, but I guess selling it on the exchange counts as use. Seems Arsenal have decided they actually want people filling seats.
Yeah
If you can’t go and put it for sale via official means that’s fine in their set up

Let’s see if they put the same effort into stopping people hoarding away tickets and selling them on to their mates so they keep accumulating more loyalty points so no one can catch them. Even if we had a ballot system where just 5-10% were allocated on a lottery system that would be good.
Oh I totally agree (about the principle of sorting the issue, not the ballot, as it’s fair to me that loyalty should be rewarded). I guess it’s trickier to control away tickets unless some kind of ID has to be produced.
The club say that a certain number of people are selected to pick up away tickets in person, with ID. I wonder have any of our posters on here who regularly go to away games been selected for this?

Oh I totally agree (about the principle of sorting the issue, not the ballot, as it’s fair to me that loyalty should be rewarded). I guess it’s trickier to control away tickets unless some kind of ID has to be produced.
The club say that a certain number of people are selected to pick up away tickets in person, with ID. I wonder have any of our posters on here who regularly go to away games been selected for this?
Many away games last season used the same system as home games ie digital wallet. I think once that is combined with refreshing barcodes (a technology we confirmed we had in place at WHL at the last fan group meeting), it'll stop anyone other than the legitimate ticket holder going, unless you borrow their phone.
Thee risk of not getting in is a massive deterrent at away games as you've put all the effort and cost in getting there in the first place.

I see Arsenal have banned 50 season ticket holders and 20,000 members for trying to buy tickets through illegal sources. They've also decided to continue using ballots for home games because that's the fairest way. A few hundred that have been exceptionally unlucky and applied for lots of matches and never got a ticket will be given a chance to buy a ticket this season, but it seems pretty obvious why people turn to alternatives.

They've also cancelled 24 season tickets for not attending enough matches or making their ticket available on the exchange. A ticket must be used for at least 20 out of 23 matches for this coming season.

The ballot seems a good idea, much fairer and gives those who can't get online on launch day an opportunity. Even if say 10-20% of the tickets were made available this way it would be a good option to try.

Many away games last season used the same system as home games ie digital wallet. I think once that is combined with refreshing barcodes (a technology we confirmed we had in place at WHL at the last fan group meeting), it'll stop anyone other than the legitimate ticket holder going, unless you borrow their phone.
Thee risk of not getting in is a massive deterrent at away games as you've put all the effort and cost in getting there in the first place.

Couldn't you just lend a mate your login details and they could sign in to the wallet?

Only known that in Europe and that was somewhere odd IIRC like Prague

If any season ticket holders aren’t going to make the Everton game I’d be very happy to buy two tickets…please drop me a DM if transferring across via the Exchange might work for anyone.

Cheers!

Not sure. Are wallets not tied to one phone?.

Could work but only if it was a good mate:).

It's just an app isn't it? They can't stop people installing it on another phone, what happens if you upgrade or lose it. There might be some snazzy stuff around that can stop it by now - you'd hope someone is developing something.

It’s probably going to be a long while, if ever, until there is a foolproof solution but anything that makes it more difficult to pass tickets on in the meantime - facial id; picking up tickets in person; etc - is at least a step in the right direction.

Refreshing qr codes - if they have these in place already then they don't work
They've said (the club) they have the technology for this installed/available.
It doesn't look like they're using it yet though.

You'd imagine facial recognition or fingerprint entry would be the gold standard for assuring the official ticket holder is the only person able to access a stadium. But there might be some push back on those methods?

So if i want to transfer my son's ST to an adult, they now have to pay the difference.

Does that mean when I sell my son's ST through the Exchange, they sell it as a Consessionary ticket? no. they sell it as an adult. Absolute joke.

Ideally someone would complain but unfortunately not really a mechanism to have a meaningful complaint lodged.

So if i want to transfer my son's ST to an adult, they now have to pay the difference.

Does that mean when I sell my son's ST through the Exchange, they sell it as a Consessionary ticket? no. they sell it as an adult. Absolute joke.

Ideally someone would complain but unfortunately not really a mechanism to have a meaningful complaint lodged.
Sorry but I think the clubs stance is right
What’s ti stop someone literally buying a concession ticket for someone else then?

I've been lucky enough to have a concessionary ticket for over 20 odd years and have been grateful, I see the same game as a younger person so why should I pay less, it's what it says it is I'm not entitled to it the club give it to me.

Back