• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League 2012-13 - QF: Basel (SUI)

Re: Europa League 2012-13 - Round of 16: Inter (ITA)

If we get past Inter then I want the ties to continue to reflect the stage of the competition we are at. Anyone from Fenerbahce, Chelsea, Zenit and Benfica as the quarter final and semi final opponents for me.

It would be awful to get draws like Rubin, Lazio or Anzhi to be honest - the Russians for how obscure the places are to get to (by comparison to St Petersburg) and we have also played Rubin/Lazio recently.

Rather get to the final without meeting the bigger teams. This will be our 4th European trophy if we win thats what its about for me.

Though can you imagine the shananigans of the pitch were we to meet chelsea in the Amsterdam final. At least the locals will support us..

Rather get to the final without meeting the bigger teams. This will be our 4th European trophy if we win thats what its about for me.

Though can you imagine the shananigans of the pitch were we to meet chelsea in the Amsterdam final. At least the locals will support us..

Ive actually got tickets for the final after I applied in the ballot that UEFA initiated in December. Got an email at the end of January to confirm I had two category 2 tickets at £70 a pop. Would be amazing if we got there but I would like us to get there by beating the best and actually having some real glamour ties. If I was to pick one team left in it for us to play in the final then I would say it has to be Benfica.

Any chance of away tickets going to members or do the STs usually take all of them on occasions like this?

Any chance of away tickets going to members or do the STs usually take all of them on occasions like this?

When I was there for the CL, spoke to people who were going to the stadium earlier on matchday to buy tickets for the 'neutral'[?] area. Don't know whether they were successful or not, but there was alot trying for this.
Was really looking forward to the San Siro, but what a let down. Up in the gods, behind a scratched perspex screen and netting, like watching ants (i.e. the players were that far away) run about, and one small toilet to serve 5000. The long walk up the spiral ramps to the gods had people tinkling against the wall all the way up it, and tinkle trickling all the way down it.
If you can get in the neutral area I think it would be a better view (from memory the away end is the only side of the ground that's really high up) and maybe you don't have to be locked in for 45mins after the game, but I don't know for sure. Anyone here do that or know about it?

EDIT - Just checked photos and there are other sides of the stadium with a third tier, but no-one sitting in them (for good bloody reason)

Last edited:

I would think we will have an allocation of around 5000 so would think it will go to members as well.

Results from 1st leg:

Anji Makhachkala 0 - 0 Saudi Sportswashing Machine U.

Steaua Bucuresti 1 - 0 Chelsea

Stuttgart 0 - 2 Lazio

Viktoria Plzen 0 - 1 Fenerbahce

Basel 2 - 0 Zenit St. Petersburg

Benfica 1 - 0 Bordeaux

Levante 0 - 0 Rubin Kazan

Tottenham H. 3 - 0 Inter Milan

Newcastles result maybe not as good as at first appears, Chelsea should be ok but can't risk conceding

Newcastles result maybe not as good as at first appears, Chelsea should be ok but can't risk conceding

Agree, as mentioned last night. If you are goiung to draw at home then 0-0 is the best scenario. Think Anzi will score at SJP so Toon will have to win to progress

Results from 1st leg:

Stuttgart 0 - 2 Lazio

Benfica 1 - 0 Bordeaux

How would you rank the top 3 sides left? (excluding us)

How would you rank the top 3 sides left? (excluding us)

Personally I would say:
1) chelsea
2) lazio
3) probably anzhi, zenit or maybe benfica?

Levante and Stuttgart are having poor seasons. I would imagine that chelsea are favourites but we should only be narrowly behind as second favs

Results from 1st leg:

Stuttgart 0 - 2 Lazio

Benfica 1 - 0 Bordeaux

F*ck me......we're gonna win this

Amsterdam is going to consume me....what a way to go:)

Benfica
Chelsea
Lazio
Anzhi
Fenerbache
Levante/Rubin
Basel

These are the ones I think will go through

Tottenham - Basel
Benfica - Chelsea
Lazio - Anzhi
Levante - Fenerbache

Tottenham - Benfica final? [-o<

As much as it would be better to avoid Chelsea, I would actually love to knock them out!

Finish above them in the league and knock them out the UEFA Cup would be epic

All the Russians are dangerous for me, wouldnt mind all 3 going out

The win over Inter took us above Ajax and PSV Eindhoven into 26th place in the UEFA coefficient rankings. That would normally be high enough to be in Pot 2 for the Champions League group stage but only 8 of the teams ranked above us are currently not in a position to qualify for next season's CL. So, as things stand, we would effectively be in 18th place (2nd in Pot 3) if we reach the CL group stage - but there's time for that to change.

uefarank.jpg

Valencia although currently 5th would qualify for the CL play-off because Malaga in 4th have been suspended from European competition by UEFA.

So if we were to go further in the EL would that be enough to guarantee Pot 2 or is it all still up in the air at the minute?

City can't have many points? They have done nothing in Europe last few years!

Last edited:
Back