• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Re: Official - Adebayor

Personally I think the loss of a close family member is more important than playing football. Ade said it was the brother he was closest to and that he had left a little boy behind and it sounds like Ade sorted out care, money etc for his young nephew.

That's admirable that he's done that, but I don't believe for a second it was something he did in person. Footballers of his wage bracket barely even tie their own shoelaces - I don't buy that he was doing all of that himself.

The task could behave been completed equally well from London whilst keeping a basic level of fitness up.

[video]http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25486946[/video]

Adebayor critical of Spurs

Recalled striker Emmanuel Adebayor says Tottenham's treatment of him this season has been "disrespectful", as he scores twice in a 3-2 win at Southampton.

The former Togo forward says he was excluded from the team photo and forced to train with the youth players, but responded as a "professional".

Adebayor also praises "the players and the new staff" at Tottenham for giving him back "confidence" and thanks his team-mates for their support during his time on the sidelines.

Last edited:

Ade was doing something today that he has rarely done since Harry left, and that's running with the ball. When he's at full pace he's very quick, and to have someone of his size and strength burst past you it's very difficult to defend against especially if you are playing with a high line like Southampton were for big spells of the game today.

He will never have the Drogba levels of technical ability. But, when he's up for it, he is an outstanding player. Let's not forget, this is somebody who was once the subject of a £30m bid from AC Milan...which Arsenal refused, before he joined Emirates Marketing Project for a full £25m the year after and secured a £170k a week contract. This is somebody who was taken on loan by Jose Mourinho's Real Madrid. This is somebody who's form propelled us into the title race after getting spanked in our first two games of the 2011-12 season. This is somebody who won us a point last season at Stamford Bridge against an in-form Chelsea side at a crucial stage of the season almost single-handedly.

His ego was hurt by AVB. And I think that City will stop paying the extra on his wages after this season. So he certainly has a point to prove and a motivation to do well. And when he has that motivation, he is a top class forward. Welcome back Ade.

Weird isn't it, how history is written by the winners? Memories of AVB will fade but what will be remembered is that he was the guy who wouldn't play Adebayor!

I guess the lesson is "Don't burn your bridges", and AVB well and truly burned his with Adebayor.

[video]http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25486946[/video]

You couldn't make it up!

Thanks his team mates? The same ones he let down at the start of this season? Or just the ones he let down when he couldn't be bothered to come back from the ACN?

I understand the whole "new boss, clean slate" argument, and I can accept it. But have some ****ing humility and the good grace to realise that you weren't left out because your manager had an irrational dislike of you, but because you acted like a ****.

You couldn't make it up!

Thanks his team mates? The same ones he let down at the start of this season? Or just the ones he let down when he couldn't be bothered to come back from the ACN?

I understand the whole "new boss, clean slate" argument, and I can accept it. But have some ****ing humility and the good grace to realise that you weren't left out because your manager had an irrational dislike of you, but because you acted like a ****.

You couldn't make what up?

I'm pretty sure his teammates are compassionate and didn't mind as much as you seem to. Didn't AVB say he could have as long as he needed? fancy that...telling someone they can "have as long as they needed" and then proceed to punish them anyway.

For whatever reason AVB froze him out, Ade is showing us that it was the wrong decision to do so.

And if Adebayor is only playing well coz of wanting a move/new contract, then so be it. Let's ride that wave til the end of the season, coz when he's on it he is an excellent player.

Published: 17 September 2013 Updated: 12:31, 17 September 2013
Jermain Defoe says Tottenham coach Andre Villas-Boas is making a big mistake by forcing Emmanuel Adebayor to train with the reserves.

Villas-Boas revealed last week that the striker would not be working with the first-team squad after his return from compassionate leave yesterday, which was granted following the death of his brother.

The Spurs boss wanted to sell Adebayor in the summer but the 29-year-old ignored interest from several clubs to stay in north London. He is still being linked with a loan move to Queens Park Rangers, although his wages remain a major issue.

Adebayor, who joined from Emirates Marketing Project for £5million last year after impressing on loan the season before, is confident he will soon be the first- choice forward despite the presence of Defoe, as well as the arrival of £56m duo Roberto Soldado and Erik Lamela this summer.

Defoe insists Adebyaor still has a major role to play at the club and should not be in exile with the development squad.

He said: “I don’t think it helps the team because someone like Manu is a great player and played for some of the top clubs in the world.

“He is someone that we’re going to need, we’re going to need his goals and what he can bring to the team. He is keeping himself fit. He is a happy guy and loves his football. Hopefully he will be back soon with the team.”

Does that sound like the players were felt 'let down' by Adebayor at the time?

For whatever reason AVB froze him out, Ade is showing us that it was the wrong decision to do so.

And if Adebayor is only playing well coz of wanting a move/new contract, then so be it. Let's ride that wave til the end of the season, coz when he's on it he is an excellent player.

This.

Welcome back "contract season" Ade or as I like to call him Ade Mk1.

The man is an enigma! He has talent but seems to have trouble with relationships with any club he goes to. If he were to hit a purple patch he could drive us into the top 4 but equally he could revert the complete waste of space we saw last season. Unfortunately you cannot rely on him.

Just watching his third goal again and his celebration

Wow - Foys reaction gets me every time. Im unsure if he is thinking 'what a ****' or admiring his celebration

[video]https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/E15B21125F1026556194502156288_13a3cf241e0.3.4_PbaG sTC2Mhx6tpTS3vPjYaLKTTRNjqJl5R8yzszDEvmOG7WOtkttSM CbFRzj5aAY.mp4?versionId=AgeeKgU4f.PNeRBFtG7XhVffZ 2ptTywy[/video]

Ade was absolutely fantastic today as he was against West Ham and for the last few games last season.

It was really heart warming to see JD clapping Soldado coming off today. He was great, too. Ade gave him a great big hug after the game.

Absolutely great to see the love between all our 3 strikers. Ade was busting a gut to set up JD in the later stages. Fantastic sub Soldado for JD that no way would our last manager have made.

Man management not really AVB's forte. And some here want Hoddle back?

You couldn't make what up?

I'm pretty sure his teammates are compassionate and didn't mind as much as you seem to.

I'm sure even they have the intelligence to work out that we have a better chance of winning matches with a fit and motivated Ade in the team. In which case, missing preseason reduces our chances of winning matches.

Didn't AVB say he could have as long as he needed? fancy that...telling someone they can "have as long as they needed" and then proceed to punish them anyway.

So there's no limit at which the time he takes is taking the ****?

I can't imagine AVB would expect Ade to need more than two months and neither would he expect Ade to come back in anything other than peak fitness.

If I got a bit sad and didn't want to go to work I wouldn't insult my employers by having a lobotomy whilst off work, despite knowing that my brain would be required when I returned.

Published: 17 September 2013 Updated: 12:31, 17 September 2013
Jermain Defoe says Tottenham coach Andre Villas-Boas is making a big mistake by forcing Emmanuel Adebayor to train with the reserves.

Villas-Boas revealed last week that the striker would not be working with the first-team squad after his return from compassionate leave yesterday, which was granted following the death of his brother.

The Spurs boss wanted to sell Adebayor in the summer but the 29-year-old ignored interest from several clubs to stay in north London. He is still being linked with a loan move to Queens Park Rangers, although his wages remain a major issue.

Adebayor, who joined from Emirates Marketing Project for £5million last year after impressing on loan the season before, is confident he will soon be the first- choice forward despite the presence of Defoe, as well as the arrival of £56m duo Roberto Soldado and Erik Lamela this summer.

Defoe insists Adebyaor still has a major role to play at the club and should not be in exile with the development squad.

He said: “I don’t think it helps the team because someone like Manu is a great player and played for some of the top clubs in the world.

“He is someone that we’re going to need, we’re going to need his goals and what he can bring to the team. He is keeping himself fit. He is a happy guy and loves his football. Hopefully he will be back soon with the team.”

TLDR.

But what do you expect players to say? My teammate (who at some point will probably return to the team, and who I'll have to work with when he bothers to turn up for work) is a **** and should never play again?

If you cut out the framing of the quote that the journalist puts on the quote and just take the quote themselves then it puts it in a slightly different context

“I don’t think it helps the team because someone like Manu is a great player and played for some of the top clubs in the world.

JD could easily have been answering a question about the impact of Ade missing pre-season and being behind the rest of the team in terms of fitness.

I'm pleased to see Ade doing so well today, I hope he keeps it up.

Garth Crooks's Team of the Week

FORWARD - EMMANUEL ADEBAYOR (Tottenham)

Along with many pundits I have taken a bite out of Emmanuel Adebayor, partly due to his obvious ability but all-too-often poor attitude. Against Southampton he looked immense, but what made the performance so incredible was that he would have had to work so hard to return to that form after so little first-team football. Top class.

Did you know?

After his brace at Southampton, Adebayor has 85 Premier League goals; only two Africans, Didier Drogba on 100 and Yakubu on 95, have scored more.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25488518?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I'm sure even they have the intelligence to work out that we have a better chance of winning matches with a fit and motivated Ade in the team. In which case, missing preseason reduces our chances of winning matches.

So there's no limit at which the time he takes is taking the ****?

I can't imagine AVB would expect Ade to need more than two months and neither would he expect Ade to come back in anything other than peak fitness.

If I got a bit sad and didn't want to go to work I wouldn't insult my employers by having a lobotomy whilst off work, despite knowing that my brain would be required when I returned.

It seems AVB gave him until mid September to return...and he returned mid September.

If your boss gave you a deadline to hand in an assignment and then proceeded to punish you after you met the deadline....would you feel hard done by? what if his reasoning was 'well i gave you a generous deadline and in reality you should have handed it a few weeks earlier'..would you accept that?

Back