• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Re: Official - Adebayor

Hopefully Sherwood (or whomever our manager is for the rest of the season) proves able to get him playing like today on a regular basis again, as Adebayor has the most ability of our strikers but clearly needs more man management than Andre seemed willing / able to provide.

For what it's worth, Adebayor' goal scoring in the Premier League:

2005-09 (managed by Wenger): 46 goals in 104 games at a rate of 179 minutes per goal
2009-11 (managed by Mancini): 15 goals in 34 games at a rate of 163 minutes per goal
2011-12 (managed by Redknapp): 17 goals in 33 games at a rate of 166 minutes per goal
2012-13 (managed by Villas-Boas): 5 goals in 26 games at a rate of 328 minutes per goal

:-k

That was exactly the right way to manage Ade. For all his talent Ade is a confidence player and needs an arm round the shoulder approach. You have to trust your players at this level. Apart from the odd word about remembering to cover back, what else would you say to Ade... I think he knows how to score goals, he just needs motivating to do it.

Not many on here have ever doubted the lads ability.......

my word when he's in a certain mood he is damn near unplayable!!!!!

all round he is prob the best cf we have at the club....I said earlier in this thread I wanted a post adebyaor spurs squad.....but if managed in a way where he can produce that on a regular basis.....then my view seems foolhardy!!!!

today ade earnt his wages & then some..........hope he can continue doing so.

We could play a Emirates Marketing Project style 442.

Lloris
Walker Kab/Vlad Vertonghen Rose
Sandro Dembele
Lamela ------ Eriksen
Ade Soldado​

Franco-Baldini_2773040b.jpg

"Tim, what do you think about this lineup?"

"By GHod, Franco, I think it could just work"

So if AVB had not been so stubborn and had actually given Ade a chance maybe he would still be in charge today

This guy. Seriously, what a player when he's up for it. Motivation is key, i think the manager's got a job on to keep him motivated. AVB can take credit for ****ing him off enough.

He seriously looks like Chris Tucker right now too

Adebayor was poor last season, but it was a bit stop-start. Injury, suspension, Nations Cup. He didn't help himself by acting like a *** and not getting home on time. That was unacceptable.

But...once it all calmed down and he got fit and played a few games at the back end of the season, he looked pretty good. Now he's fit again and being played, he looks pretty good again. I think people go over-board when they talk about his attitude. He's made mistakes, but when he is fit and backed by his manager, he works bloody hard imo. And he is a pretty handy player to go with it.

We certainly need him at the minute.

Good performance today, but needs to back it up with more like that. Great to see him smiling though, he really looked like he enjoyed that today, almost like he had had a hefty weight lifted off his shoulders :-k

Could we see a return of BAE in 10 days time maybe??

Did you miss him being given a chance all last season?

To be fair I think this board massively underrated his contribution to Bale's 31 goals. He created the space for Bale to attack by dropping deep and moving to the flanks. There is definitely a tactical element to his lack of goals last year.

To be fair I think this board massively underrated his contribution to Bale's 31 goals. He created the space for Bale to attack by dropping deep and moving to the flanks. There is definitely a tactical element to his lack of goals last year.

I think some massively overrated his contribution to Bale's goals but each to their own.

I think it makes a big difference being fresh - mentally physically. See Suarez. All bottled up and then unleashed. Hopefully Paulinho comes back a little fresher. Though 3 games isn't a big rest.

Did you miss him being given a chance all last season?

Yep i remember him given a chance last season and him playing poorly. He then plays very well at the end of the season and then is dropped for the new season and not given a chance. He then gets a 45 minute 'chance' against city (personally i think the manager had ulterior motives in that game but thats another story) and then dropped from the squad again.

At least now it looks like he'll get a proper chance.

He's totally bonkers. Completely nuts. But despite all his antics. Just love him. His interviews likewise. Totally bonkers. If I could edit his post match interview, there is a Shaggy moment in there. Glad bad ade is back.

Yep i remember him given a chance last season and him playing poorly. He then plays very well at the end of the season and then is dropped for the new season and not given a chance. He then gets a 45 minute 'chance' against city (personally i think the manager had ulterior motives in that game but thats another story) and then dropped from the squad again.

At least now it looks like he'll get a proper chance.

I think AVB was right to freeze him out for the start of this season tbh, maybe not to the extent that he did, but I've seen enough and I'm sure AVB saw enough of him last season to realise that he isn't the answer for us in the long term.

Oh and did anyone understand a word he said during the interview after the game? Me neither.

Back