• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emirates Marketing Project

The graph is based on expected points, wouldn't actual points be a better measure of success? Or league finishing position season on season?

For the money they have spent, isn't the lack of a CL not meeting expectations?

Like most things the way you present data can give a different perspective, winning the league with City would be a minimum expectation imo, given the players they have, the consistency of the coaching staff and the competitive advantage they have in being the club that provide almost a guarantee of CL and winning domestic trophies. I feel the same about PSG and Bayern too.

The graph is based on expected points, wouldn't actual points be a better measure of success? Or league finishing position season on season?

Like most things the way you present data can give a different perspective, winning the league with City would be a minimum expectation imo, given the players they have, the consistency of the coaching staff and the competitive advantage they have in being the club that provide almost a guarantee of CL and winning domestic trophies. I feel the same about PSG and Bayern too.

My bad didn't see the bottom. Just the image.

20230224_125809.jpg

That's a rather strange and bold conclusion to a data set that doesn't even involve goals. Please explain!

We're 6th on expected points in that table. Yet in reality we've finished on average 4th in that time. So either we're conceding less than expected or scoring more or a mixture of both. Which do you think it is?

We're 6th on expected points in that table. Yet in reality we've finished on average 4th in that time. So either we're conceding less than expected or scoring more or a mixture of both. Which do you think it is?
Yet we're dominating games and creating chances at a better than expected rate for our wage bill.

You can't make that conclusion from that data set. It only shows our expected points is slightly "outperforming" our wage bill! Our finishing position is dependent on a whole host of other things, including other teams performance. You're just picking a random conclusion, (or one that you want, to prove a point?)

Last edited:
You can't make that conclusion from that data set. It only shows our expended points is slightly "outperforming" our wage bill! Our finishing position is dependent on a whole host of other things, including other teams performance. You're just picking a random conclusion, (or one that you want, to prove a point?)
That's not the conclusion he's made. Lookingal at our xG over time, we should be finishing 6th (still above wage costs). I'm reality were finishing higher and are therefore outperforming the xG slightly. That's partly down to the strikers and partly (depending on how sophisticated the xG model is) down to the type of chances we create.

You can't make that conclusion from that data set. It only shows our expended points is slightly "outperforming" our wage bill! Our finishing position is dependent on a whole host of other things, including other teams performance. You're just picking a random conclusion, (or one that you want, to prove a point?)

I can't make the conclusion that we are 6th on that table for expected points? That's what it shows. Behind arsenal, utd, liverpool, chelsea and utd.

Back