• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emirates Marketing Project

League cup is run by the fa not the prem.
Using that logic, can the Prem say "you finished 3rd but we decided you didn't qualify for the CL, we're going to put Spurs through instead" come June?
I.e. Do the Prem say who qualifies for Europe, or does the CL or UEFA or ?

Using that logic, can the Prem say "you finished 3rd but we decided you didn't qualify for the CL, we're going to put Spurs through instead" come June?
I.e. Do the Prem say who qualifies for Europe, or does the CL or UEFA or ?

Leagues can ban clubs from qualifying for europe. Was reading about football leaks, seems the dutch did it to one of their teams for some dubious behaviour. The prem almost did it to us under sugar due to venebles sticky fingers. Was reduced on appeal. Although i don't think we qualified anyway.

It would do if we are given the three points from the fixture that we lost.

How would we be given 3 points for a game we lost? If it was cancelled out we'd be given 0 points just have played 1 less game. If both were cancelled out we'd have played 2 less games and be 3 points worse off.

The point situation is very complex, teams they beat would get an advantage over teams that beat team or drew. Woolwich who have not played them would get 6 points and we would get 0 points, the fairest solution would just be to let all results stand and deduct points from them at the end of season that only harms them.

Last edited:
Thinking about it, a transfer ban until their legitimate profit has made up for all the losses made over the years would be a suitable punishment.

Or a 1 year transfer ban for each charge they are found guilty of? Could condemn them to the Manchester Football League in a few years.

I don't think they could do anything in a season to effect that current season. It would be historic honours stripping and relegation/future point deductions.

They won't do historic because that creates it's own problems. Teams that missed out on prize money would want that. Teams that missed out on cl places, how much compo would they want. It would cause a load of legal cases. That would take years. All in the news. An even bigger embarrassment for the league.

They won't do historic because that creates it's own problems. Teams that missed out on prize money would want that. Teams that missed out on cl places, how much compo would they want. It would cause a load of legal cases. That would take years. All in the news. An even bigger embarrassment for the league.

There's a precedent with Juventus in 2005 and 2006

Back