• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emirates Marketing Project

OK.
I’ll settle for top 4, FA Cup and them finishing second or third. And that is a very, very real possibility!!!

It would be a hard pill to swallow if City finally facing the consequences of their actions led to Arsenal winning the league.

I still want City to receive the appropriate punishment, whatever that will be. Would prefer it to not lead to Arsenal winning the league. But even if it did I want there to be consequences for City.

See a lot of people saying that they should get a points deduction. What is the point of that? They miss cl for one season, then are back again. Most clubs that don't cheat go through that. Even uefa were sentenced them to 2 years without cl. Although that was overturned by cas.

Has to be at least relegation for me.

See a lot of people saying that they should get a points deduction. What is the point of that? They miss cl for one season, then are back again. Most clubs that don't cheat go through that. Even uefa were sentenced them to 2 years without cl. Although that was overturned by cas.

Punishment for cheating is often not proportional to the benefits gained from that cheating.

At this point both the extent of the benefit they've had and what the punishment will be is up in the air and everyone's just speculating.

A point deduction may very well end up looking like a lighter punishment than most people think would be fair. Though City are also contesting the allegations, so not much to be known at this point.

should be a points deduction every season for each year they cheated

I feel my suggestion of 3 yr transfer ban and 30 pts would have a major impact on them. Their team need replacements in that time to remain competitive and a 30 pt penalty would make it virtually impossible to qualify for CL. I would expect a massive effect on team morale as they would be bottom of the league probably until Christmas.

I feel my suggestion of 3 yr transfer ban and 30 pts would have a major impact on them. Their team need replacements in that time to remain competitive and a 30 pt penalty would make it virtually impossible to qualify for CL. I would expect a massive effect on team morale as they would be bottom of the league probably until Christmas.

Uefa's original punishment was a ban from the cl for 2 seasons and a €30m fine. For less breaches than the pl has charged them, as they were time barred. Swindon for a much smaller breach were relegated 2 divisons, reduced to 1 on appeal. A 30 point deduction last season would still have seen city get europa league.

Do people think this possibility hanging over the club has effected Pep and their team form in general this season?
We know Pep is a spoilt manager in general but he usually has the team focused and sharper than what we've seen so far this season...maybe generating funds was more priority than normal hence the sales of Jesus, Zinchenko and Sterling plus more 'attitude' from the likes of Cancelo..?

Do people think this possibility hanging over the club has effected Pep and their team form in general this season?
We know Pep is a spoilt manager in general but he usually has the team focused and sharper than what we've seen so far this season...maybe generating funds was more priority than normal hence the sales of Jesus, Zinchenko and Sterling plus more 'attitude' from the likes of Cancelo..?

It's been hanging over them for 4 years. City were in the high court about it 18 months ago. Uefa banned them in feb 2020.

They're just not performing.

Uefa's original punishment was a ban from the cl for 2 seasons and a €30m fine. For less breaches than the pl has charged them, as they were time barred. Swindon for a much smaller breach were relegated 2 divisons, reduced to 1 on appeal. A 30 point deduction last season would still have seen city get europa league.

Lot safer to kick a little dog.

Yes they would but the landscape would have changed, big buzz trying to win league very different trying to play catch up with the likes of Leeds, Everton and others fighting it out at the bottom, particularly if you've not had to do it before.

Yes they would but the landscape would have changed, big buzz trying to win league very different trying to play catch up with the likes of Leeds, Everton and others fighting it out at the bottom, particularly if you've not had to do it before.

If they are found guilty that means they have robbed other teams (and their fans) of trophies. Of cl spaces and money (possibly £1bn that should have gone to other clubs). Managers have lost their jobs. For a decade. They then tried blocking the investigation. They have to have the most serious of punishments. If it were up to me i'd put them in the national league and make them work their way back up again. This time without cheating.

As i said it shouldn't be. Laws shouldn't be about control. They should be about fairness and justice.

People should be free to do what they want. Laws should be there to stop your freedom impeding or harming someone elses. That's it.
@monkeybarry is correct on this. They are two very different things. Remember that what is considered to be just and fair to one person will not necessarily be considered just and fair to another.

Back