• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dominic Solanke

We saw hold up play form him I haven’t seen since berbatov
His pressing is brilliant too
The rest will click with service

I agree except wouldn’t go ad overboard over hold up play, would just say that he’s good at it. I’d say that he needs to find the connections in attacking play which will come with time, as will his sharpness and match condition. Often takes players a few matches to get going. How many years did Kane fail to score in his first few matches of the season?!

You saw better holdup play from him on Saturday than you saw from Kane in 8 years?

Are you sure about that? I mean be positive but that's hyperbole.
Kane wasn’t great at gold up imo
He lost a lot of headers
He was a master of winning free kicks by falling from them
He regularly got owned by the CBs we played on Sunday
So yeah I did
Kanes class but holding the ball up I’ve seen Better

I agree except wouldn’t go ad overboard over hold up play, would just say that he’s good at it. I’d say that he needs to find the connections in attacking play which will come with time, as will his sharpness and match condition. Often takes players a few matches to get going. How many years did Kane fail to score in his first few matches of the season?!
Lots
And I agree
He has had about 5 days I think with the team in training
That’s gonna need time, rhythm and luck
Be nice to see us pass to him quicker too

The looping header was excellent improvisation, nearly a goal out of nothing, and very unlucky.

Hopefully he just gets a bit quicker at getting a shot off.

I would like to have seen him be a bit nastier yesterday. Be a pain in the arse. Disrupt the CBs. If Richy had been fit I guarantee he'd have made life very uncomfortable for them by just being a pest.

Good overall performance, but against one of the best defensive setups around and them sitting back quite a lot his service was obviously limited.

My impression is still the same. Looks a very well rounded player, time will tell if he can replicate his scoring form from last season. That will probably also depend on the chances we can create for him.

I would like to have seen him be a bit nastier yesterday. Be a pain in the arse. Disrupt the CBs. If Richy had been fit I guarantee he'd have made life very uncomfortable for them by just being a pest.
Someone on a pod claimed their Goon friends thought Solanke gave the CBs a hard game and was fairly impressive. I can't really remember that tbh. The whole display just felt a bit second-gear for a derby.

its also got to be said that coming in for your second start and first at home against the goon squad is quite a lot of pressure. He may need a bit of time to settle down, as opposed to settle in.

its also got to be said that coming in for your second start and first at home against the goon squad is quite a lot of pressure. He may need a bit of time to settle down, as opposed to settle in.
Perhaps both settle in and settle down.

In addition to the pressure they're one of the best defensive teams around.

I thought he did well. Add a goal to that performance and it would have been great.

Someone on a pod claimed their Goon friends thought Solanke gave the CBs a hard game and was fairly impressive. I can't really remember that tbh. The whole display just felt a bit second-gear for a derby.

I thought this too. A bit of frustration on their part i think led to Saliba's booking IIRC

Back