• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dominic Solanke

Why do we do this every time someone is linked? Get all panicky? Has it not been mentioned about a billion times that we put our fingers in multiple pies just to test the waters. He is probably 10th choice and we have enquired just for the sake of it. Romano literally says we explored it.
Please don’t take our reason for existing at this stage of pre-season away from us! :laughing:

This is when the obligatory phrase, essential for eveny transfer, comes in to play ... "Smokescreen"

Ali Gold posted about this on X this morning. Must be some truth in the links as he’d normally shut it down.

Two weeks to the season starts and this is where we are not good.

See links to Mctominay from Duncan Castles yesterday to. Awful.

If it was Solanke and I would hope its not, if it is, it cannot just be Solanke it has to be him and at least one other OTHERWISE as positive as I generally am about where we are, its marginal gains on last season personnel wise

He got 19 goals in the league last season, is 2 years younger than Watkins.

Was a pain in the butt for many a defense last season. Real presence up top. I wouldn't mind him at all, but don't think we should splash sixty mill on him.

I'd be happy if it's Solanke. I think he fits what we need. I'd be worried if we spent too much on him, in that it might limit other things we need to do. But we've got a great record in the last 12-18 months and most importantly we now have a plan. If he's identified as someone who fits that plan, I think we have to trust Ange, Lange and co.

Back