• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Djed Spence

Two had to miss out because we are that many over our limit of non-club trained players. But Forster and Regulion seemed the obvious two.
Regulion isn't included so it's an extra keeper instead of Spence. It makes no sense unless something has again happened with Spence.

4 keepers but only 2 full backs for the EL then!

Whatever are these photos Forster has of Ange?

As I put on another thread, this really tells us that Ange doesn't trust Austin and Whiteman to be real backups to Venom. Numerically, it would have been so much easier to have Venom, Austin and Whiteman on the A-List and Gunter and Maguire in reserve as 4th and 5th choice goalies in the B-list. Austin and Whiteman are club trained so nobody could take their places in the UEFA squad anyway.

I sort of feel sorry for Spence.

As I put on another thread, this really tells us that Ange doesn't trust Austin and Whiteman to be real backups to Venom. Numerically, it would have been so much easier to have Venom, Austin and Whiteman on the A-List and Gunter and Maguire in reserve as 4th and 5th choice goalies in the B-list. Austin and Whiteman are club trained so nobody could take their places in the UEFA squad anyway.

If he keeps his head down and continues to prove his change in attitude then there's always the chance he'll get in for the knockout phase (assuming we make it!)

If he keeps his head down and continues to prove his change in attitude then there's always the chance he'll get in for the knockout phase (assuming we make it!)

Yeah, and Gray covers RB as well.

The more I think about it, Ange probably thinks he's too useful to the league squad. It feels like Dragu and him are the 2 primary backups for the 1st choice backline.

We should have a guess how many games this season Spence ends up on the pitch. 20-25 would be my guess.

if he gets a chance to play! so far not much time even with an unfit udogie

Austin looks streets ahead of Forster. The last time we saw FF he'd got so decrepit he needed assistance getting off the ground

Its not just Spence. Its Porro and Udogie who we're going to be burning out into exhaustion and injuries.

Austin looks streets ahead of Forster. The last time we saw FF he'd got so decrepit he needed assistance getting off the ground

Its not just Spence. Its Porro and Udogie who we're going to be burning out into exhaustion and injuries.

Yet, as soon as FF was fit he was back on the bench and Austin was back to 3rd choice. He's now in possession again.

I don't get the Austin and Whiteman thing. They're both 25 and have not made a competitive senior appearance for the club. They've not even had an English loan between them. If they rate their own abilities, why do they keep signing contract extensions and not go and get a first team shirt somewhere? It all feels a little wrong to me. I'm guessing Ange has no frame of reference as their capabilities so can't take a chance on them.

I'm guessing we'll see another keeper in, perhaps as early as Jan.

Yet, as soon as FF was fit he was back on the bench and Austin was back to 3rd choice. He's now in possession again.

I don't get the Austin and Whiteman thing. They're both 25 and have not made a competitive senior appearance for the club. They've not even had an English loan between them. If they rate their own abilities, why do they keep signing contract extensions and not go and get a first team shirt somewhere? It all feels a little wrong to me. I'm guessing Ange has no frame of reference as their capabilities so can't take a chance on them.

I'm guessing we'll see another keeper in, perhaps as early as Jan.
I'd say if Keely has a good loan at Orient he'll be on the bench next season.

I'd say if Keely has a good load at Orient he'll be on the bench next season.

Yeah, perhaps. We have been here a few times over the years though. It does appear that the club have really been focusing on the ball at his feet and trying to get him to have that modern keeper feel about him.

I'd say if Keely has a good loan at Orient he'll be on the bench next season.
I thought Gunter had crept ahead of him in the pecking order a bit? Both are supposed to be pretty promising though. Maybe sweep out all 3 of the poor ones and promote those two to #2 and #3?

I thought Gunter had crept ahead of him in the pecking order a bit? Both are supposed to be pretty promising though. Maybe sweep out all 3 of the poor ones and promote those two to #2 and #3?
I'm not sure how you figure that? Keely went out on loan to Barnet for the second half of the season, it was only then that Gunter was first choice for the PL2 squad.

I don't pretend to know anything about squad rules but thought perhaps Spence is not in Euro list in case a club might want to loan him.

Back