• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Crossrail Piccies

Have you tried to commute in london during rush hour? The eu has laws prohibiting animals being transported as crowded. It's about need. Not fairness of north and south.
But if you had infrustracture outside London, people would be able to live elsewhere, and hence reduce that pressure. Its really unhealthy that 1/5th of our population are condemned to live so unhealthily packed into a 10 mile square radius.

But if you had infrustracture outside London, people would be able to live elsewhere, and hence reduce that pressure. Its really unhealthy that 1/5th of our population are condemned to live so unhealthily packed into a 10 mile square radius.

So you're saying build infrastructure in areas that don't need it. In the hopes that people living in an area that does need it might move?

I'm all for leveling up the north. I'm in favour of hs2 (the full version). But lets face it. The money is in london. If we fudge that up, the country would become a 3rd world country in no time.

There's not a country in the world that doesn't moan that too much money is spent on the Capital City.
Look at Scotland, all that money spent on London and Westminster, yeah well look at the endless sums spent on Edinburgh since devolution.

So you're saying build infrastructure in areas that don't need it. In the hopes that people living in an area that does need it might move?

I'm all for leveling up the north. I'm in favour of hs2 (the full version). But lets face it. The money is in london. If we fudge that up, the country would become a 3rd world country in no time.
Manchester, Sheffield and Leeds have a combined population of about £5m (so half of London). The northern powerhouse could really be a thing, there is so much potential. The 3 cities are with a 30 mile triangle, yet you cant get from one to another in under an hour (by road or rail). Fix that and its a massive kickstart to the national economy. It would also balance the economy away from just banking, and that diversification would make the country much more resilient.

Manchester, Sheffield and Leeds have a combined population of about £5m (so half of London). The northern powerhouse could really be a thing, there is so much potential. The 3 cities are with a 30 mile triangle, yet you cant get from one to another in under an hour (by road or rail). Fix that and its a massive kickstart to the national economy. It would also balance the economy away from just banking, and that diversification would make the country much more resilient.

Doing one doesn't mean you can't do the other.

Doing one doesn't mean you can't do the other.

Agree. But the northern cities have to be the first priority.

This is the main road between Manchester and Sheffield at the moment (I drove it yesterday). It's down to single file in 4 places because the road has literally fallen away.

_123891019_snakepasscompdcc.jpg.webp

Northerners often underestimate the scale of London. The area inside the m25 orbit is 1100 square miles.

During the working week it is esimated the population inside this area is over 20 million.

Hooking up Leeds with Manchester will accelerate the growth of Manchester but what will it do for Leeds and Sheffield? - cities in the wrong location?

Yeah but the train between Manchester and Sheffield - England's 3rd and 4th cities - is an old bus welded onto train wheels, and takes 1hr 20 mins to travel 30 miles.
Uh it’s two busses
It’s only that big because of people using it to get to the airport
It’s a shambles of a line

Whose money is in London?
It’s ain’t the normal British folk
It’s the new rich investors who have brought a pad
I know tonnes of people form London in who have had to live out to buy a sensible home
The investment has to be out of London and let London do what it needs to do with its own money

The theory of mega city’s ruling the world is very real and is something that’s happening more and more now with mass migration

Whose money is in London?
It’s ain’t the normal British folk
It’s the new rich investors who have brought a pad
I know tonnes of people form London in who have had to live out to buy a sensible home
The investment has to be out of London and let London do what it needs to do with its own money

The theory of mega city’s ruling the world is very real and is something that’s happening more and more now with mass migration

London subsidises the rest of the country.

Agree. But the northern cities have to be the first priority.

This is the main road between Manchester and Sheffield at the moment (I drove it yesterday). It's down to single file in 4 places because the road has literally fallen away.

_123891019_snakepasscompdcc.jpg.webp

I always use to drive back that way to London after visiting our Manchester office, providing the weather was good enough.

London subsidises the rest of the country.
Because we have fudged up and made it what it is

I travel the world and all I hear about is London… London… London…
Not England, UK, Great Britain or anywhere else
London has been made into a world of its own and I think it’s a bit crap myself but I’ve done it to death
Worked there on and off
Travel there weekly for work or pleasure
It’s a Megatropolis
It has great transport and a huge huge variety of people which creates good and bad vibes
The foreign investment that’s changed London over the last 20 years has been unreal.

Back