• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cristian Romero

Not too concerned for this summer. The vibes are good, he seems happy, would take a ridiculous offer before anything would happen.

But we need to push on to keep him happy and at the club. He could play at any club and probably improve almost any club in the world. There will be interest and he will want to fulfil his ambitions.

Sell Romero, sign Braithwaite - what do you reckon @Bishop ?
Hmmm..I'd rather not and I think looking at the figures Braithwaite would be too expensive relative to what Romero would cost. Braithwaite at 20m-30m less and a heavy premium for Romero (80m+) then yes I would consider, especially as we do already have Dragusin, so we wouldn't neccesairly be depleting our stock of defenders.

Obviously won't be happening this summer....but not surprised if this is just Real being Real....lay the groundwork knowing the pull you have is massive.

The advantage it's gives them (like Mbappe) is they can manipulate the time they sign you relative to your contract expiration. Won't happen every time but if you get the odd world elite player for nothing or knocked down fee it helps their finances no end.

Oh good, is this the next installment of our 'special relationship' with Real Madrid? :D

Romero or any other of our big players being happy here doesn't really equate to much when Real Madrid come calling for you, especially the South Americans.....

Oh good, is this the next installment of our 'special relationship' with Real Madrid? :D

Romero or any other of our big players being happy here doesn't really equate to much when Real Madrid come calling for you, especially the South Americans.....

If Real want a player they invariably get them sooner or later - though i wouldn't want to lose Romero, i think he could standalone as captain next season tbh and has the right drive to lead the team onwards and upwards, but if Real are interested then likelihood is he is going to leave at some point and if a player like Braithwaite is available now then we have a decision to make - Romero out at a premium and Braithwaite in would give us even more wiggle room in the market in relation to ffp (or whatever it's called these days)

If Real want a player they invariably get them sooner or later - though i wouldn't want to lose Romero, i think he could standalone as captain next season tbh and has the right drive to lead the team onwards and upwards, but if Real are interested then likelihood is he is going to leave at some point and if a player like Braithwaite is available now then we have a decision to make - Romero out at a premium and Braithwaite in would give us even more wiggle room in the market in relation to ffp (or whatever it's called these days)
Don't think the availability of Braithwaite changes things. Talented youngish centre backs that are unproven at the highest level will always be available.

Still fairly young centre backs that are close to or actual world class, proven at the highest level, good both defensively and on the ball with the right attitude are gold dust. Romero is one and should only be sold this summer if the offer is ridiculous. And Real won't offer ridiculous money for a CB. (All imo of course)

Oh nooo 🫣 i mean, who do real madrid have in CD? Cuti would be ahead of them. Can we get £200 m for him? Id still prefer to keep him as long as possible
They do actually have good CBs (Militao, Rudiger, Nacho,) so wouldn't be desperate for him (good for us), but if they really want him they need to pay a premium but he would fit in quality wise for them.

Back