• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cristian Romero

You don't mark zonal in that situation. Porro wasn't near to getting back to cover that area. All other areas were already covered and he should've stayed on Vardey, no excuse for it.

very probably, but our manager is a maverick, we do a lot of things that "you don't do in that situation"

Romero definitely poor for the goal but Porro needs to do more to get back to try to help him too. He was jogging.

There’s loads of issues. Romero is picking up a player. If that’s Sarr’s player, why is he not goal side? Why is Porro slowly jogging back to cover the back post, where he should be? Where he is often not? Why is Romero so much deeper than VDV and Porro?

View attachment 17539
Sarr was goalside until Romero came across and he moved because of that. It's Cuti's fault plain and simple.
And the question should be why did Romero Vardy unmarked, not why is he deeper than VdV.

Sarr was goalside until Romero came across and he moved because of that. It's Cuti's fault plain and simple.
And the question should be why did Romero Vardy unmarked, not why is he deeper than VdV.

That’s fine, if Sarr is going to pick up the player in the middle then Romero is at fault — as I’ve said a number of times already. Just that, like most goals, there’s more than one thing wrong.

There’s loads of issues. Romero is picking up a player. If that’s Sarr’s player, why is he not goal side? Why is Porro slowly jogging back to cover the back post, where he should be? Where he is often not? Why is Romero so much deeper than VDV and Porro?

View attachment 17539
Romero literally walked past vardy, why does he not step up and play offside, everyone else is in a line and vardy is off.
That goal is on Romero, worst thing for me isn't actually the defending, it's his reaction to it, starts a running slagging match with vardy, plays Bergvall into trouble and offers no help, he's the senior CB, he should be better than that.

If Romero done his job properly, Vardy would have been offside. The guy constantly gives the ball to players in dangerous positions, he doesn’t think a step a head of what could happen after he passes the ball.

It's more how we set up when under attack. We struggle tp score when other teams have 5 men on the 6 yard line. We need the fullbacks and cms have more urgency returning ...this positional discipline is what u seeing other teams . All I can think is that ange prioritizes attack way more than most. Unfortunately, it won't work in the epl as it did in the japan/aussie league and Asian international Cup. Give them an opening , most epl teams are going to score.

It's more how we set up when under attack. We struggle tp score when other teams have 5 men on the 6 yard line. We need the fullbacks and cms have more urgency returning ...this positional discipline is what u seeing other teams . All I can think is that ange prioritizes attack way more than most. Unfortunately, it won't work in the epl as it did in the japan/aussie league and Asian international Cup. Give them an opening , most epl teams are going to score.
This is essentially why Sarr is so important. And why we've been linked with more high energy midfielders with Ange saying that Bergvall and Gray need to work on their physical profile.

We ask a lot physically from our full backs. Having real options in Spence and probably Gray probably will help.

I think we looked some way off our physical peak against Leicester. We tired despite dominating and I wouldn't be surprised if the players were pushed really hard in preseason and not expected to be near their peak physically yet.

I think we looked some way off our physical peak against Leicester. We tired despite dominating and I wouldn't be surprised if the players were pushed really hard in preseason and not expected to be near their peak physically yet.
Which is why Ange should have made more subs at 55-60 mins; we know players are going to tire in these first few games.

Of course he will its only kneejerking by some to say he needs moving on. He made a mistake its not as he does it that often.
On the contrary, a manager that wins things wouldn't keep praising him after what he did against Chelsea last season and would look to replace him with better. Basically he is making mistakes in part because Ange cannot replace him.

Keep that knee jerking going. :rolleyes:
Hardly a knee-jerk comment when I am referring to him letting Ange down last season, not to mention Conte the season before. Bloke has lapses in concentration that costs Champions League places never mind Premier League titles. No idea why Ange thinks he can win with Spurs.

Back