• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cristian Romero

Feverish
That means he was unwell
And you can’t blame that on levy/enic/ange
But I don’t think he had anything wrong with him other than what’s between his ears that makes the decisions. Some good, some bad
I thought his defending outside of the corner was great. His passing was so slow

If he was feverish then Ange should've started Dragusin.
I think the travel details are actually really massive details. Sonny looked tired too, and I have to wonder if we adopt the same approach with him.

Welcome to the modern game mate. You can complain about it, or you can meet the players where they are, because they now expect these things as standard.

Mourinho complained about modern players and their demands and needs for constant support and validation. Got him nowhere. The game has changed from the days when you expected players to handle themselves.

I think these details are vital in an era where players are already grossly over-played and travel more in a season than any previous generation to fulfil various confederations needs. Unfortunately it is seen as excessive, when I personally think that the extra day is often vital in rest and recovery. Works the same in other entertainment professions too. NOT environmentally friendly I will concede!!!

I think these details are vital in an era where players are already grossly over-played and travel more in a season than any previous generation to fulfil various confederations needs. Unfortunately it is seen as excessive, when I personally think that the extra day is often vital in rest and recovery. Works the same in other entertainment professions too. NOT environmentally friendly I will concede!!!
He did have an extra day as it was a rest day anyway

That's the point, he didn't, he spent it traveling.
So he rested the other side in Argentina
It’s not the reason he switched off
We need to stop making excuses for repeat offenders because we know their good players. We need to be making them more accountable because there good players

You mentioned Sonny and he has a decal on to make IMO. He is super proud to play for Korea. We have his fans at every game. But if it’s breaking him he needs to think about his priorities. He did look tired on Sunday but he also looks like a guy who doesn’t know how to play this game. He needs to weigh up what he does now to end his career and maybe sacrificing some things along the way, like he has done all his career to get here. Could be the international football is going to break his club form …

This guy is on what, £100k a week?
He can't organise /afford a private jet once a month?
His agent can't wangle him a net jets sponsorship?
This is probably about the worst excuse I've heard.

Get a grip or gettae.

So he rested the other side in Argentina
It’s not the reason he switched off
We need to stop making excuses for repeat offenders because we know their good players. We need to be making them more accountable because there good players

You mentioned Sonny and he has a decal on to make IMO. He is super proud to play for Korea. We have his fans at every game. But if it’s breaking him he needs to think about his priorities. He did look tired on Sunday but he also looks like a guy who doesn’t know how to play this game. He needs to weigh up what he does now to end his career and maybe sacrificing some things along the way, like he has done all his career to get here. Could be the international football is going to break his club form …

I disagree re: travel.
It makes all the difference if that extra day/those extra hours are back where you're going to be training the following day. It also (like it or not) sends a clear message if others from the region are going back with special club arrangements.
We have no idea why he switched/has switched off this season, but we need to do everything we can to ensure there are no excuses IMO.

Regarding Sonny, absolutely looked tired, but again, we did nothing to help whatsoever with our slow laborious build. I think we're in overall agreement on the general stuff, tis the details.

This guy is on what, £100k a week?
He can't organise /afford a private jet once a month?
His agent can't wangle him a net jets sponsorship?
This is probably about the worst excuse I've heard.

Get a grip or gettae.

As is the case, whatever is necessary. I think again though whether we like it/agree or not, there is a perception that is set, as well as the very physical reality that half his 'day off' is spent traveling. In order to actually get the full day off, he should've been out of there late Tuesday night. IMO.

The only reason Romero should be on the bench is if he needs a rest or Ange wants to prioritise giving Dragusin minutes in a cup game.

Even if accepting every defensive moment he gets the blame for this season that's still a handful of moments across four games. After having been a very good defender for us for quite a while now.

He is by far our best ball playing centre back and is really important to how we play. If Ange didn't want him to take time on the ball surely by now Romero would have gotten that message...

People complain about other players just playing safe passes. Romero mostly takes time on the ball when opponents are settled, when quick passes aren't particularly useful to our style of play. He plays with risk, invites pressure and more often than not finds a purposeful pass rather than just shifting it quickly to a teammate and shift the responsibility to make something happen to someone else.

There were several situations even in just the Arsenal game where him taking time on the ball helped us bypass lines of their defence. If only others would similarly take responsibility, believe in themselves and try to make something useful happen we'd be a better team.

The only reason Romero should be on the bench is if he needs a rest or Ange wants to prioritise giving Dragusin minutes in a cup game.

Even if accepting every defensive moment he gets the blame for this season that's still a handful of moments across four games. After having been a very good defender for us for quite a while now.

He is by far our best ball playing centre back and is really important to how we play. If Ange didn't want him to take time on the ball surely by now Romero would have gotten that message...

People complain about other players just playing safe passes. Romero mostly takes time on the ball when opponents are settled, when quick passes aren't particularly useful to our style of play. He plays with risk, invites pressure and more often than not finds a purposeful pass rather than just shifting it quickly to a teammate and shift the responsibility to make something happen to someone else.

There were several situations even in just the Arsenal game where him taking time on the ball helped us bypass lines of their defence. If only others would similarly take responsibility, believe in themselves and try to make something useful happen we'd be a better team.

Top post, I can not really understand why some fans have decided that Romero is not a very good player. i know its all about o pinions but i really can not understand why this is the case. ALL players make mistakes even the best ones but he is top class IMO.

Back