• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Clinton Njie

Am I the only one who thought he was pretty decent, at least to begin with, yesterday?

He looked like exactly what he was

- A young promising player with very little playing time this season under his belt.

Really hard to judge what his final ceiling is, I would say the play that defined what he could do was a long throw out to the left direct to NJie, and very quickly we were in their third. End product didn't play out, but the ability to counter very quickly was shown.

I think he could end up being a decent player for us. However I don't think he is a center forward. It looks to me as though he is a wide forward who can operate on either the left or the right.

As I stated in the summer clearly not a centre forward but shh don't dare criticize Daniel for not supplying our manager with the tools needed

I was always unlikely to listen to the opinion of a person who wrote off a new signing they had never heard of but I am certain to ignore the opinion of someone who comes back to crow about it after one start.

I'm not writing him off in the slightest. I like him from his cameo against City and playing against liverpool looks raw but promising hopefully playing off the left/right cutting in. he however is 100% not a centre forward as is the case with son. All I'm stating is we are a premier league football club with one recognised striker. Not good enough.

I'm not writing him off in the slightest. I like him from his cameo against City and playing against liverpool looks raw but promising hopefully playing off the left/right cutting in. he however is 100% not a centre forward as is the case with son. All I'm stating is we are a premier league football club with one recognised striker. Not good enough.

All the noises coming out of the club say that Poch wanted players this summer who could play a number of positions. The fact that we weren't linked with any out and out strikers supports this. I think that it is a bit early to start saying what they can and cannot do.

I think he could end up being a decent player for us. However I don't think he is a center forward. It looks to me as though he is a wide forward who can operate on either the left or the right.
Agreed. And way to early to write him off as a few others are doing.

Am I the only one who thought he was pretty decent, at least to begin with, yesterday?

Agreed. I've said before, and still believe, that he will need time to settle in. But that was an encouraging display for sure.

Writing him off in a particular position on limited evidence is not really all that different. And it's something we've seen people have to backtrack on again and again.

But I suppose you have to maintain the "not good enough" narrative...

He looks to me to be a great impact sub at the moment and that's a handy thing to have

Pace is horrendous to deal with and more so late in the game. He is direct and he seems to know how to link up with his team mates. It's the kind of option that wins games and it puts the opposition in the back foot again

Cant believe people have made up their minds on a young player who has yet to get a decent run in the team.

Not saying he is Bale but please a bit of patience

I'm surprised some people are saying he's more of a wide man than CF. I think completely the opposite! Reason being that he has genuine pace but limited footballing skills (relative to a PL player), by which I mean control, passing, crossing, dribbling skills.

Therefore if he's out wide and beats his man he still needs to either put over a decent cross, play a decent pass or cut in and probably beat another player, which he isn't well set up to do. Whereas if he's playing through the middle and he beats his man for pace then he's through and doesn't need other skills - the CB wont catch him and he has scoring chance.

I really cant see him making it as a wide man - there's been some top class CF who had pace but little else, Samuel Etoo being a prime example

Completely on the fence with him.. He is very raw, almost too much so for the league at the moment, and would benefit from a loan.

He looks like a central player however thats mainly as he is so raw playing wide he shown up technically. There is something there and i can see why we got him, just a 50/50 bet on where he will end up (both positionally and club)

Completely on the fence with him.. He is very raw, almost too much so for the league at the moment, and would benefit from a loan.

He looks like a central player however thats mainly as he is so raw playing wide he shown up technically. There is something there and i can see why we got him, just a 50/50 bet on where he will end up (both positionally and club)

Agree with that assessment and the loan comment - catch 22 situation as he looks too raw for us to have to rely on him in the league (i.e. if Kane got a long-term injury he doesn't look ready to step in) however the only way to get around the raw-ness is for him to play games. In this way, whilst its a completely different position and I think he has more potential than Yedlin, NJie would benefit from a season playing regularly in the PL similar to how Yedlin will hopefully get this year at Sunderland

I'm surprised some people are saying he's more of a wide man than CF. I think completely the opposite! Reason being that he has genuine pace but limited footballing skills (relative to a PL player), by which I mean control, passing, crossing, dribbling skills.

Therefore if he's out wide and beats his man he still needs to either put over a decent cross, play a decent pass or cut in and probably beat another player, which he isn't well set up to do. Whereas if he's playing through the middle and he beats his man for pace then he's through and doesn't need other skills - the CB wont catch him and he has scoring chance.

I really cant see him making it as a wide man - there's been some top class CF who had pace but little else, Samuel Etoo being a prime example
Is that a serious statement about Eto'o having pace but little else?

Agree with that assessment and the loan comment - catch 22 situation as he looks too raw for us to have to rely on him in the league (i.e. if Kane got a long-term injury he doesn't look ready to step in) however the only way to get around the raw-ness is for him to play games. In this way, whilst its a completely different position and I think he has more potential than Yedlin, NJie would benefit from a season playing regularly in the PL similar to how Yedlin will hopefully get this year at Sunderland

Agree i actually think that him playing europa wont help either as he needs to learn how to make runs with quality players behind him. Was a bit disappointed poch didnt pull off Harry straight after his hatrick and play Njie up front so he got that experience

Back