• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Circus ManUnitus - Erik's At The Wheel

Fair enough you think Southgate is a good manager because he took England to the final at home.

Personally I look at the setup and way he motivates and manages for clues as to how good he is.
I’ve said nothing like that. I said “I find it funny the hate that Southgate gets.”

Meaning he should get far more respect for taking England to the semis of the World Cup and the Final of the Euros. More than any other manager has done in 60 odd years.

I’ve said nothing like that. I said “I find it funny the hate that Southgate gets.”

Meaning he should get far more respect for taking England to the semis of the World Cup and the Final of the Euros. More than any other manager has done in 60 odd years.
But he has players at his disposal who are elite
And in both those competitions as soon as we played well coached sides we had nothing

You give coach the best attacking player in the country who won POTY
The top scorer in Europe
The top scorer from Spain
They would create an attacking side
Add in that you have genuine quality like rice, stones, walker, Pickford (who hasn’t never let England down).
It’s a hell of a group to start with
That’s what’s helped him, not his management

And in both those competitions as soon as we played well coached sides we had nothing

The top scorer in Europe
Add in that you have genuine quality like rice, stones, walker, Pickford (who hasn’t never let England down).

The only elite player he’s had is Kane.

Bellingham getting there, Foden maybe.

The top scorer in Europe
He took them to the World Cup semi finals (so close to the final) just 2 years after the Iceland embarrassment. He redefined the English national team for the 2010s/2020s. The vibe around the team is so different to what it used to be. You were all singing "you still turn me on" just a couple of years ago.

Again, I'm not arguing he's the best manager in the world or that he can't do better. Just that he deserves a lot more respect.

I’m as guilty as anyone over the last couple of days, but we’ve hijacked the United thread with England chat, we should probably take it back over there.

He took them to the World Cup semi finals (so close to the final) just 2 years after the Iceland embarrassment. He redefined the English national team for the 2010s/2020s. The vibe around the team is so different to what it used to be. You were all singing "you still turn me on" just a couple of years ago.

Again, I'm not arguing he's the best manager in the world or that he can't do better. Just that he deserves a lot more respect.

I wasnt singing it
Your Getty g the plebs mixed up with this’d that know that game I think
I quite like him as a guy …. As a manager or coach he is weak and that shows constantly
We just lost to Iceland in a tepid affair again under this guy
If he is a vibes guy with no tactical nous we may as well get in redknappn

I’m as guilty as anyone over the last couple of days, but we’ve hijacked the United thread with England chat, we should probably take it back over there.

Bloomin holigans !

—-

Ever wondered the etymology of Hooligan?

late 19th century: perhaps from Hooligan, the surname of a fictional rowdy Irish family in a music-hall song of the 1890s, also of a cartoon character.

So you don’t think he’s a great manager, but we should respect him?

If Southgate ends up Uniteds manager, Baleforce will sleep easy again that the thread is back on track. Here’s hoping.

Go and look at the fixtures in the last 2 major tournaments, England couldn’t have picked an easier run in if they done it themselves. The only “big” team we beat in any of those tournaments was an under achieving German team and even then we needed a bit of luck in that. Southgate has won the games we have been big favourites in and bottled the ones against the big boys.

I just find england boring to watch. No excitement for any of the games or this tournament really. Which is sad. The 90s used to love watching us play.

those great Graham Taylor sides?

Carlton Palmer, Alan Smith, Geoff Thomas

boys own stuff ;)

I just find england boring to watch. No excitement for any of the games or this tournament really. Which is sad. The 90s used to love watching us play.
I agree. I used to be 'all-in' on following England but the day McClaren was appointed it was like flipping a switch. Disengaged, indifferent, no emotional connection anymore. The 180 pivot is quite weird in some ways, but I've had zero temptation to be drawn back in.

Still love international tournament football though...but the whole thing as a competition and spectacle.

So apparently ETH was on Dutch TV for the Euros and he confirmed he was staying. He also confirmed they interviewed Tuchel for the Ten Hag’s job and they actually told ETH! That’s incredible! I would have walked away from the job if they admitted that to me.

So apparently ETH was on Dutch TV for the Euros and he confirmed he was staying. He also confirmed they interviewed Tuchel for the Ten Hag’s job and they actually told ETH! That’s incredible! I would have walked away from the job if they admitted that to me.
Some state of affairs going into the summer... I know Levy isn't perfect either but this is impressive.

And this is the new owner Manchester United fans really wanted.

Back