• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Stellini - Acting Head Coach for a small part of the season

Sherwood was never in charge of the academy. John McDermott was between 2005-20, then Rastrick took over when McDermott went to the FA. Sherwood was just the "loans to Swindon" guy, who hung on to Chris Ramsey's coattails for a while.
Sherwood is an absolute joker and parody of himself. He is suited to Talksport TBH, there he can stay

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Doesn’t quite work like that though…. We are 5th/6th best resourced team in the PL. Achieving a top 4 finish is beating the odds.
What if Brighton finish above us? They could potentially be 4th after they play their games in hand. We could be 7th if Liverpool and Saudi Sportswashing Machine win their games in hand. It's very tight at the top but those are the margins this season.
Teams underachieving and overachieving are all part of the league dynamic. The aim should always be to win as many matches as possible.

Doesn’t quite work like that though…. We are 5th/6th best resourced team in the PL. Achieving a top 4 finish is beating the odds.
When you're paying a manager 15 mil it's to have you performing at least a couple of positions better than where you rank in the resource table. Not to have you performing where you would logically be.

When you're paying a manager 15 mil it's to have you performing at least a couple of positions better than where you rank in the resource table. Not to have you performing where you would logically be.
Well we’ve just sacked the guy who had us doing so last season and also doing so until point of sacking this season. What should paying a guy less than £1m a year (as I suspect Stellini earns) get us?

Well we’ve just sacked the guy who had us doing so last season and also doing so until point of sacking this season. What should paying a guy less than £1m a year (as I suspect Stellini earns) get us?

We should probably just give him a 20 million deal immediately. Guaranteed top 3.

You've cracked it! If we pay our manager £30m a year then we should win the league. Is that right @alekaras
What does how much we pay a manager have to do with where we finish in the table? I was just indicating what finish would warrant a bonus given we're paying a top manager £15 mil a year. Finishing 4th should not warrant a bonus.

Could the players liking Stellini be a potential double-edged sword?
Something that Conte said was the players didn't like being challenged by pressure and essentially liked to be comfortable...hmmm....

Back