• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Stellini - Acting Head Coach for a small part of the season

I am quite optimistic Spence and Udogie could become a new Walker and Rose in a 4-2-3-1. We've got the midfielders for the 2 too in Bentancur, Skipp and Bissouma (and in time hopefully Sarr).

Hope so. Pedro Porro is looking like one of our big money waste of time signings. Can’t defend and so no good as a right back in a 4 defender formation.

Hope so. Pedro Porro is looking like one of our big money waste of time signings. Can’t defend and so no good as a right back in a 4 defender formation.

Need to judge him once he's settled in and one a new manager is in. He might be a waste of money as you say, but I think has potential in a similar way to Royal. One needs to get better going forwards if we play with a back 3, one needs to get better defensively if we play a back 4.

Need to judge him once he's settled in and one a new manager is in. He might be a waste of money as you say, but I think has potential in a similar way to Royal. One needs to get better going forwards if we play with a back 3, one needs to get better defensively if we play a back 4.
He is a classic example though of our lack of joined up thinking from top to bottom

We get a capable comparable player in, in the summer who is equally talented and equally raw in same areas, shipped him out and got ourselves in a complicated agreement with Sporting for a 50m replacement...it beggars belief TBH especially with the clearing of house we needed to make it happen.

He then comes in and needs the same development that the original but regarded cheap version needed.

You couldn't make it up TBH

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Can we just get a permanent manager in? Ryan Mason coming in instead won’t help. I think some of what happens is players know that they won’t be playing for the interim manager next season so the effort is less. Plus if we actually got a new manager then they get time to evaluate the squad without worrying about results so that in the summer we start making forward progress.

While they'd prefer the right, they're pro footballers. Between them, Dier and Romero, they should be able to perform to a reasonable level on the left. We managed to shore it up when Sanchez came on (albeit I accept the game was gone at that point and Saudi Sportswashing Machine probably eased off a bit).

we have a keeper who chat use his hands
We have had players who can’t or won’t use their other foot
You cant assume a player can just do something different at this club I’m afraid

Last edited:
we have a keeper who chat use his hands
We have had players who can’t or won’t use their other foot
You chat assume a player can just do something different at this club I’m afraid

Haha I'm roaring laughing at the absurdity of it. F**k me. We're apparently a $3bn organisation and we have the above, no manager, no DoF and were just on the end of a 1-6 scoreline. I know it's a particular low at the moment and things can swing around but it's some effort to get a football club to this point. Well done Daniel...

He is a classic example though of our lack of joined up thinking from top to bottom

We get a capable comparable player in, in the summer who is equally talented and equally raw in same areas, shipped him out and got ourselves in a complicated agreement with Sporting for a 50m replacement...it beggars belief TBH especially with the clearing of house we needed to make it happen.

He then comes in and needs the same development that the original but regarded cheap version needed.

You couldn't make it up TBH

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Porro may come good but it was an absolutely daft signing, and that's not just with hindsight. The conversations between the club and Conte should have happened during the World Cup; sign a contract extension and we'll back you in January. Otherwise, thanks very much for 4th but we need some stability, see you later.

Can we just get a permanent manager in? Ryan Mason coming in instead won’t help. I think some of what happens is players know that they won’t be playing for the interim manager next season so the effort is less. Plus if we actually got a new manager then they get time to evaluate the squad without worrying about results so that in the summer we start making forward progress.

Permanent man in would make the most sense, the question is can you do it in time for next game? (if it's Nagelsmann the answer is no, he's still on Bayern payroll)

Porro may come good but it was an absolutely daft signing, and that's not just with hindsight. The conversations between the club and Conte should have happened during the World Cup; sign a contract extension and we'll back you in January. Otherwise, thanks very much for 4th but we need some stability, see you later.

Yep, right answer, yet there are people who think we were trigger happy on Conte

The World Cup did seem to be a complete waste of 2 months for us.

the players that didn’t go look just as unfit and clueless about what they were supposed to be doing.

the transfer window was very un-imaginative.

the coach didn’t seem anymore engaged with the project than before.

Its like no one talked to each other the whole time.

The World Cup did seem to be a complete waste of 2 months for us.

the players that didn’t go look just as unfit and clueless about what they were supposed to be doing.

the transfer window was very un-imaginative.

the coach didn’t seem anymore engaged with the project than before.

It’s like no one talked to each other the whole time.

I agree with that. Conte might be a very good coach, but there’s absolutely no way he bought into Spurs and I would argue everything you say is as a result of his lack of commitment.

We are currently considering sacking the interim manager, who is currently considering his own position.. meanwhile Poch is on the verge of joining Chelsea... sigh

Definitely, seems we've spent 45m on a RB who may or may not come good - I'd expect them to be a higher standard for that price. Levy must have known there was a fair chance Conte would go if not then in the summer. We've now spent a good chunk of our budget on a player we potentially already had (Spence).

I agree, but evidently on whatever list we have, all the managers are currently in jobs or those which are out of jobs are sufficiently far down the list.

It is remarkable the mess which we're in and most of it (Paratici court cases, Conte contract) were known

I agree with that. Conte might be a very good coach, but there’s absolutely no way he bought into Spurs and I would argue everything you say is as a result of his lack of commitment.

Just not the right fit from the start. Conte wants finished articles players. That isn't Spurs. His arrogance and the way he looked down on the club was always going to be a problem too

Back