• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 2016/17

I just feel like if the officiating was better and the (wrongful) red wasn't given we would have had a proper game on our hands. Really frustrating as a 'neutral'

I just feel like if the officiating was better and the (wrongful) red wasn't given we would have had a proper game on our hands. Really frustrating as a 'neutral'

video referees make it better for everybody

lets not forget there was a dodgy pen in the first leg which went against Madrid, both sides have reasonable complaints

the ones in the second leg will be bigger talking points but they should be weighted the same

At the time I think the second yellow from the first leg wasn't the right call either. 11v11 I felt Bayern were the better team and it would have been nice to see it pan out without the reds in particular.

Video replays correcting the mistakes of referees and curtailing the official bias towards Real Madrid. Where will it stop? We are gradually sanitising the game and losing all the tradition that made the game great.:rolleyes:

surely that's a good thing

Of course it's a good thing but I think that's why it won't happen.

Another thing that I've always never understood, why is the amount of time left in the game shrouded in secrecy? Most/all sports I watch or am at least aware of advertise how much time is left in the game. Surely they could introduce a running clock and the referee simply tells his officials via their earpiece when to start/stop the clock that way everyone is aware of how much time is left in the game? That would put a stop to conspiracy theories about Fergie time or Real Madrid/Barca time etc.

Another thing that I've always never understood, why is the amount of time left in the game shrouded in secrecy? Most/all sports I watch or am at least aware of advertise how much time is left in the game. Surely they could introduce a running clock and the referee simply tells his officials via their earpiece when to start/stop the clock that way everyone is aware of how much time is left in the game? That would put a stop to conspiracy theories about Fergie time or Real Madrid/Barca time etc.

I agree, have it as a running ticker throughout the game on the video screens, +1 min goal 67", +1 min sub 72', that kind of thing

I think its more likely that Real benefitted from incompetence than conspiracy last night

I agree, have it as a running ticker throughout the game on the video screens, +1 min goal 67", +1 min sub 72', that kind of thing

I think its more likely that Real benefitted from incompetence than conspiracy last night

Hmm, does seem to benefit Real, United, Barca and co more than anyone else though. I love watching Barca, Messi and Iniesta in particular but I've tired of them getting the rub of the green with the officials so often.

I would like Atletico, Dortmund or Monaco to go on and win the CL as it's getting boring with the same teams winning it and ending up in the semis all the time.

The dead hand of Real inspired corruption rears its head in the Champions league again. Who would have thought it? Can anyone remember when the fascists have been on the receiving end of any poor officiating. It seems to be a default situation once the knock out stages begin, for their opponents to have a player sent off and the earlier in the game the better.

Maybe Leicester will decline now they are out. Might make our game vs them easier. Im sure they will open their arses to Arsenal while they lick their wounds and be right up for our game vs them

4th official could do it. One less thing for the ref to worry about.

lets not forget there was a dodgy pen in the first leg which went against Madrid, both sides have reasonable complaints

the ones in the second leg will be bigger talking points but they should be weighted the same

Yea as bad as the offside and second yellow were, Madrid were the better team in the first game and better in the first half. Bayern were only really better for a quarter of the tie.

Monaco 1-0 up already.

Loving them this season. You get 1 we'll get 2.You get 2 we'll get 3. Would love to set them gatecrash an all-Spain final

Back