• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 2015/16

Almost perfect. Although 1-3 or 2-4 would be better. But enough to leave a dangling carrot to make them think they have a chance. Wenger may well still send a strong team over to Spain under 3 days before a tough trip to Goodison on the Saturday morning
Yeah I think the door is just enough ajar for Wenger to think he has a chance. In reality they don't but they'll give it their best try, and fail.

Was it not the case at some point that appealing for a yellow card(waving an imaginary card) after you were tackled was a bookable offence in itself, or did I make that up?

In the EPL it is, not in Europe obviously! Should be bloody mandatory world wide!

Last edited:
Arsenal needed a goal in first 15-20 minutes, after that it was just a matter of time.

Flamini was on form.........;) Ozil throwing his arm up in the air would tinkle me off....git!

Enjoyed the Juve game.

Last edited:
Yeah I think the door is just enough ajar for Wenger to think he has a chance. In reality they don't but they'll give it their best try, and fail.

Totally. No way they would come back from 3-0. but 2-0 they do have an outside chance. Those games over in Munich a few seasons back and Monaco last season. they looked dead and buried after home defeats in the 1st leg,but nearly turned both around. They will fancy their chances with an early goal. So even at 2-0 down I am sure Wenger go with a strong side.
I am hoping they burn plenty of energy before they go to Everton

Barca have won all home games bar two, across all competitions this season. The two they didn't win, they drew. Arsenal are dead in this tie.

Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud spoke of his belief that the team are capable of anything after coming back from the brink to qualify for the last 16. “Why not win this game? We have the quality for that. They are favourites but we have a good quality and quantity this year even if we have a lot of injuries. We did well during a tough moment in the Autumn and we have players back so we are very happy with that."

hahaha get fcuked you French buffoon!

Wenger pretty much said straight out that he will play the reserves in the return leg. "At 1-0 we might have had a chance, but with 2-0 it's bye bye."

Wenger knows that having to chase goals against Messi, Neymar and Suarez means they will get thumped. Tonight, as soon as they had too many players upfield they got done.

So they either sit off and watch Barca pass it about without needing to score, or they push up and get picked off. *POP* thats the sound of Arsenal, toast.

Barcelona didnt even play well. Treated Arsenal with complete distain knowing they would trash them at home.
They could have stepped up played much better at any point.
And Arsenal played at near their peak just to keep them at 0-0 for 70 minutes.

Wenger is stuck way in the past. You can't play players like Ozil, Giroud and Walcott against a team like Barcelona. None of them does any work off the ball. The difference between the 3 of them and Sanchez is ridiculous. 4 tackles 4 interceptions for Sanchez versus a combined total of 2 tackles and 1 interception for the trio. You cant let Barcelona just play like Wenger was happy to.

Last edited:
I wasn't listening to the commentary last night, did they make a point about Pique's intentional yellow?

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/blog/the-ma...w-arsenal-how-to-counter-and-messi-makes-sure

"What Arsenal lacked, however, was quality transitions. Many sides have caused Barcelona problems this season by pressing high up the pitch and forcing turnovers: Malaga and Atletico Madrid in recent weeks, for example.

But because Arsenal weren't doing that and didn't enjoy too many spells of heavy possession inside the opposition half, they needed to play on the counter-attack.

And to do that, they needed to ensure their transitions were good, switching smoothly from the defensive phase to the attacking phase. In that respect, Arsenal were poor. Their decision-making and composure at key moments let them down and some of their best "opportunities" were wasted on the break before a chance had been created."

So both Leicester (effective at playing on the counter) and us (one of the best high pressing teams in the world) would have done much better against Barcelona last night.

This is why Arsenal never go anywhere in the competion. Team with no real tactics sent out to play. Turning over most premier league teams because they have better players.

Back