• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Brennan Johnson

The entire team is playing with more confidence and belief now. I'm absolutely certain this is more how Ange wants us to play. Slow at times, but then very quickly when those moves are on.

Johnson is also playing with a lot more confidence and is contributing more on his own too, as well as getting the benefit of the team playing better.

But it's also been a matter of who we've been playing, their style and quality. When we come up against a better quality mid/low block defending in a "passive" manner we'll be put to a different test.
If you look at Johnson's actual performances outside of his goals he isn't doing anything different. What's changed is the space he's being found and that's allowing him to do dangerous things. If we play low and mid block teams and we pass passively I don't think any increase in confidence is going to make a difference to his lack effectiveness in those scenarios.

We need speed of play, it suits the entire team. We do not have the players to play slowly and break down a determined and set low block.

If you look at Johnson's actual performances outside of his goals he isn't doing anything different. What's changed is the space he's being found and that's allowing him to do dangerous things. If we play low and mid block teams and we pass passively I don't think any increase in confidence is going to make a difference to his lack effectiveness in those scenarios.

We need speed of play, it suits the entire team. We do not have the players to play slowly and break down a determined and set low block.
no team seems to be able to break down a low block playing like that, even city

I posted last year that he was a player who seemed to lack confidence in his game, he has the abilty, pace, finishing ability and all he needed was to show it. He did struggle with it but i think he has shown [ SO FAR] this season that he has started to believe in his ability and because of that is now reaping the rewards.

All players are different when it come to strengths and weaknesess and i really believe he seemed to lack the confidence to play to his full abaility, long may he keep it up.

Part of that might be having a true wide out on the left, stretching the opposing d line.

Back