• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Brennan Johnson

I think it's like when we had Alli. If you're involvement in the game during 90 mins isn't going to be great, then you need to produce in your moments. The last three games he has three goals. I wouldn't say his performances have particularly improved. He still doesn't beat his man or deliver quality from the right but he's been effective when it mattered and is generally playing with more confidence.

Like Alli he'll need to develop a more all round game to have a sustainable top career. Hopefully he can do that.

I think it's like when we had Alli. If you're involvement in the game during 90 mins isn't going to be great, then you need to produce in your moments. The last three games he has three goals. I wouldn't say his performances have particularly improved. He still doesn't beat his man or deliver quality from the right but he's been effective when it mattered and is generally playing with more confidence.

Like Alli he'll need to develop a more all round game to have a sustainable top career. Hopefully he can do that.
I think there are positive signs here and there that he's trying more stuff in different situations. For sure he did at times last season too, but particularly when he's looked off form there's little of that.

He was in acres of space the entire first half but our lack of a quick, accurate switch passer does mean we don't really get anything from him in general play. Goal aside again very few touches, I'd like him to be able to get a little more involved.

He was in acres of space the entire first half but our lack of a quick, accurate switch passer does mean we don't really get anything from him in general play. Goal aside again very few touches, I'd like him to be able to get a little more involved.
But that starts with the passing to him
We had seen with Sonny going wandering how it affects us negatively
We have to have these players play wide
And don’t forget we had no 10 after the red card with Beegvall going off

Thought he had some rather good involvements personally. Didn't necessarily work out, but tried taking players on, combination play etc. Not a lot of them, but that was more him not receiving the ball.

Definitely a shortage of players capable of playing those longer switch passes with accuracy. Particularly on the left.

Would like to see him do more in terms of general play still. All the same, happy he got another goal. He got one of the loudest cheers when they read out the team sheet last night which is good as it shows the majority of the crowd are behind him.

Back