• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Brennan Johnson

He is a very good player who produces top level goal and assist numbers, I find it really weird how some Spurs fans don’t like him.
Do you really find it odd ?
Our fans have to have a scape goat and similarly some are untouchable
The dynamic of a player like him is not always seen because others fail in their roles and he is the sore thumb…
If he wasted a much ball as people thought, I’d be ecstatic as it would mean we were passing the ball forwards better

Last edited:
I really don’t get the anger towards the lad. Good to hear fans singing his name today.
Seems to be well above and beyond normal criticism. Just looking at a bit of SM this morning and I can't understand it.

I've always rated the lad personally but, even if you don't, I don't get why you'd be personally abusive towards him. Its not like he even seems like an arsehole outside of football. Very strange, nasty and unsettling.

BJ is clearly a player that has a wobbly confidence bucket. It don't need knocking by no names from Spurs SM or otherwise.

He certainly has talent and ability, and in that respect he reminds me a bit of JJ...just hoping he can fulfill that talent and ability, unlike JJ. Maybe being in the right team setup (playing to his strengths ) and having the right managers will help him with that?

I can criticise a player on here, or in conversation with a friend. but I will not boo a player in the stadium nor will I abuse them on social media, that is just ridiculous. To me that is just common sense.
Agreed. Unfortunately common sense, not to mention common decency, is rare among some groups of people - especially, it seems, online.

i have said it before he seems to lack confidence in himself [ it happens no matter what your age is] and it has affected his confidence on the pitch. Sadly there will always be macarons/ arseholes on social media and sadly those macarons do affect some players.

i have said it before he seems to lack confidence in himself [ it happens no matter what your age is] and it has affected his confidence on the pitch. Sadly there will always be macarons/ arseholes on social media and sadly those macarons do affect some players.
Confidence which maybe something he lacks loads of hasn't really been the issue. The issue is the lack of space he has. He's not a player who works well in tight spaces and we've been purposely playing very slowly and with lots of intricate patterns that just allows the opposition to get settled. That doesn't suit him.

Against Coventry the goal came because we suddenly decided to play quickly on the counter and the space was there for him. Likewise yesterday his goal came from him having space away from the defender to work his shot.

So confidence or support isn't the deciding factor it's how quickly the ball can be played to him and the space he has when he receives it.

Last edited:
Confidence which maybe something he lacks loads of hasn't really been the issue. The issue is the lack of space he has. He's not a player who works well in tight spaces and we've been purposely playing very slowly and with lots of intricate patterns that just allows the opposition to get settled. That doesn't suit him.

Against Coventry the goal came because we suddenly decided to play quickly on the counter and the space was there for him. Likewise yesterday his goal came from him having space away from the defender to work his shot.

So confidence or support isn't the deciding factor it's how quickly the ball can be played to him and the space he has when he receives it.
Yep
There was the earlier chance which kulu passed really poorly but became a shot and the one second half where son panicked and gave it to him rather than shooting
Room to play in and room to shoot because of the speed

No your right its not the only deciding factor but there are some players ie Maddison who care little about fans abuse, Johnson on the other hand seems to be one of those who lets criticism get to him. And he has recieved quite a bit of that on the pitch and by a few arseholes on social media.

Back