• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Brennan Johnson

It's up.to ange to utilise his strengths.

It seems to me the boys are under instruction not to go fast and direct but camp in the opponents half in possession.

Not sure why though, with Johnson, Son and Solanke....there is a more straightforward way to play that we are not seeing.

It seems to me the boys are under instruction not to go fast and direct but camp in the opponents half in possession.

Not sure why though, with Johnson, Son and Solanke....there is a more straightforward way to play that we are not seeing.
Seems to me you are making a mighty assumption.

Last edited:
he was poor tonight, looked short of confidence, but i don't think it helped him having just about everything go down the other side with son. he never got a chance to get into the game.

Hard to tell on tv, but did everything go via Son's side because he wasn't make the right runs, making himself open enough? Early last season I felt he was a bit tentative, hid a little and wasn't brave, that seemed to resurface a little yesterday.

I'd be very tempted to give him a few games off the bench vs. starting, he tends to be an impact sub, let him earn that spot

I am still trying to process why, in the first half, after tracking back and retrieving the ball from the Leicester defender, he failed to run towards the Leicester end, checking back and losing the ball to the recovering defender. As my son said, Bale in a similar circumstance would have used his pace and driven on, committing defenders. Is it confidence? Orders? Very perplexing! [BTW, if anyone has a clip of this ....]

I am still trying to process why, in the first half, after tracking back and retrieving the ball from the Leicester defender, he failed to run towards the Leicester end, checking back and losing the ball to the recovering defender. As my son said, Bale in a similar circumstance would have used his pace and driven on, committing defenders. Is it confidence? Orders? Very perplexing! [BTW, if anyone has a clip of this ....]
I thought he was waiting on the whistle to go because of the challenge that won him the ball, should have played to the whistle.

I thought he was waiting on the whistle to go because of the challenge that won him the ball, should have played to the whistle.
Was odd
What was also odd was reportedly he won more tackles and challenges in the first half than anyone else playing … odd with his position and our dominance if true

Seems to me you are making a mighty assumption

Many instances of this happening in games last season and in pre season. Werner, Son also don't try to surge ahead solo. It's ange thing like it was a conte thing.son plays for Korea still doing that .

Was odd
What was also odd was reportedly he won more tackles and challenges in the first half than anyone else playing … odd with his position and our dominance if true
Don’t tell GB that, he will want to turn him into a right back.

So when can we expect him to be you know…..good?
When he has/gets:
-Balls played in behind for him to run onto
-When there's a pretty immediate chance to take on a man one on one with space down the outside.
-When attacking the box to get on the end of things.

Game conditions and somewhat how we use him. Would like to see him develop other aspects of his game, but if he does that probably will take time.

His strength is running fast in a straight line without the ball at his feet. Play passes into space for him to run on to and his good crossing will see things come from him, but play the ball to his feet and to expect him to beat a defender...well that's a waste of time.

That is not his game, play the ball into space and he can be effective.

Was odd
He's been getting some stick but I thought he did OK, unlucky not to score with the volley and if sonny had been more alert at the back post he would have had an assist.
There is indecision in his play when he's further out but around the penalty area he's good.

His strength is running fast in a straight line without the ball at his feet. Play passes into space for him to run on to and his good crossing will see things come from him, but play the ball to his feet and to expect him to beat a defender...well that's a waste of time.

That is not his game, play the ball into space and he can be effective.
I dont disagree as ive yet to see him beat a man , go around a man, dribble past a nan etc.
Makes him a pretty limited player for the position he plays doesnt it.

I think the Bale comparison is actually very, very interesting. Obviously Bale had world class talent (Brennan will never be Bale!!!!!) but I think the confidence/personality bit here is vital. He needs to find Bale's confidence, which in his first couple of seasons with us simply was not there.

Back